“Eceellent food,shame about the cats”

The Aquarium Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 65 Restaurants in St. George's
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Expanded and refurbished in September 2009, The Aquarium Restaurant has a stylish yet relaxed atmosphere, right on Magazine Beach with stunning ocean views. Fresh cocktails or lunch under palm trees, fine dining, relaxed lounging… a breezy dining room with two seawater aquariums, bamboo railings and leather couches, a river-stone lounge bar with funky rattan furniture, a new Koi-pond and waterfall from the natural cliff. Local fish carvings and 3D paintings reflect the tropical underwater scenery.
UK
“Eceellent food,shame about the cats”
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I have been to Grenada many times before and always make a visit to the Aquarium ,the location is fantastic and the food excellent,have never been disappointed.Only thing that lets the restaurant down is the fear of the wild cats,whom always seem to sit underneath my table( bearable if you like cats but terifying if you dont).Myself and family have a fear of these cats so on our last visit to Grenada was the first time we chose not to eat there.Please Hulo ( I no i have spelt your name wrong) please do something about these cats so myself and family can return,our visit to grenada this trip was spoilt by not eating at the Aquarium.

1 Thank amanda087

Apollo Beach, Florida
“great time!”
Reviewed April 16, 2009

Everyone told us we needed to hit the Aquarium for the Sunday BBQ, but I was concerned since I am a vegetarian.

We figured we'd give it a try anyway, and boy am I glad we did. First of all, what a gorgeous restaurant!. I was pleased by its vegetable skewer offering. My boyfriend had the fish (tuna). Two sides, two rum punches (maybe three?) and our bill was about 100 EC with tip. We both enjoyed the meal and the atmosphere and would definitely be back. Only complaint was that the skewers didn't come with anything (a side of rice would have been a cheap, yet nice, inclusion), but we ate around 2 and had enough that we were mostly full for the entire day.

Staff is fine, but it's obviously island time. And probably such a big tourist stop and so busy on Sunday, that they weren't AS friendly as most other places we visited.

1 Thank abbyliz
Sevenoaks
“Aquarium has the edge!”
Reviewed March 19, 2009

My wife and I stayed in the nearby 'Grenadian Rex' hotel and visited the Aquarium several times over our two weeks on Grenada. Out of all the restaurants we ate at, this was certainly the one we would back to again and again! Good food at a god price.

Chicago, Illinois
“atmosphere, atmosphere, atmosphere”
Reviewed March 18, 2009

The Aquarium is situated on the island amonst the bigger hotels and resorts.

The restaurant is open-air, breezy, equally indoor & outdoor. The restaurant is luxurious and relaxing. Full of beautiful artwork that you must take the time to view.

Dress casually, as this restaurant is situated beach-side. Walk the beach, hang at the bar, romance your significant other at a semi-private table on the deck, or lay in the sand.

The food was not especially delicious (could it have been my distraction of the beautiful view that I do not even remember forking food into my mouth??) Allow me to be clear that the food did not especially suck either.

We literally stayed the whole day... and would be willing to do it all over again :)

If you are headed to Grenada, I highly recommend you visit the Aquarium. (pack a beach bag and plan to stay the day - you'll be thanking me later)

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Loved the Sunday BBQ (though it was raining). The grilled lobster was perfect and the atmosphere is the best!”
Reviewed March 15, 2009