“yum...”

Ranked #18 of 65 Restaurants in St. George's
Seattle, Washington
“yum...”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Good local food made by really nice people, great roti. This place is inexpensive and delicious! Right across from the bus terminal, breakfast sells out quick, lunch is great, although we didnt eat it i'm sure dinner is great!

Lunch for 2 served for around 20-40 EC.

• Visited October 2011

London, United Kingdom
“The best breakfast in town !”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

A simple cafe in the centre of town, right opposite the bus station. It is bright, clean & unpretentious. Staff are helpful and friendly - with an appreciative, smiling manner. Get there before 10am, or you'll miss this very special start to your day.

The $20EC/$7.50US breakfast is amazing ! There's a good selection of lots of local delicacies for you to sample - similar to a 'meze' feast.

I sampled the smoked herring, salt-fish souse, crispy fried jack fish, black (blood) pudding and the most delicious fried 'bakes' that I have ever tasted - I had to return for a second portion !

Do try the local 'bush tea' or the delicately spiced, sweet 'cocoa tea', made from locally grown & rolled Grenadian cocoa balls.

This is a definate breakfast stop for me each time I visit Grenada !

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank annyuk
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

My family and I had dinner at Deyna's. First, the waitress looked at us as if to say, why are you bothering me. Second, she said seat "wey you want" and before I could seat, wanted to know want we wanted without even telling us what's on the menu or giving us a menu.

Why s customer service in Grnada a foreign concept?

The food was ok, the chicken tasted like it was prepared a day or so earlier, and was tough.

The man collecting payments used his bear hands to break ice and put in a class without first washing his hands. Trust me, it didn't make the juice taste any better!

Won't be going back. Thank God my trip to the spiceless island is almost over. Never again. Never met such rude people in my life!

1 Thank Keljerry
Charleston, South Carolina
“Go on a weekday for best experience”
Reviewed March 5, 2011

This was on a list of places I wanted to try. I went on a Sunday, which I think may have been a bit of a mistake. There was a limited menu of chicken, stewed fish, or stewed turkey. I opted for the chicken, which was served with potatoes, rice & peas and a salad. I am sure this place is more bustling during the week, and I would recommend that you visit then instead of a weekend. Sundays are very slow in Grenada in general, and most local places don't offer as many choices because I think most people eat at home on this day.

Read more: http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/lisacation/1/1299324880/tpod.html?view=preview#ixzz1FkYlU8n3

Visited February 2011
Burke, VA USA
“local cuisine at it's best”
Reviewed November 30, 2010

7 of us went to Grenada the first part of November. The rest of the group are SCUBA divers and I am not. We were staying at Grand Anse and I took the local bus and ventured into town (very safe and cheap). Deyna's was recommend by many locals as a place to dine for local food. The service was friendly and the food was good. I had a chicken Roti (the only thing I didn't like was that the chicken was still on the bone) a salad and a Sorel drink. I wish I would have had the "sample platter" to try more of the dishes. Met a wonderful couple who were visiting "home" as they now reside in New Hampshire. Had a very pleasant conversation. The restaurant is small, but clean and well run. I would definitely go there again!