“One of my worst meals ever”

The Nutmeg Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 209 Restaurants in Grenada
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2012

On our first day in Grenada we went to Nutmeg for lunch. It has a wonderful location on the Carenage and a breezy ambiance that's totally enjoyable. My husband had eaten there on a previous business trip and found it excellent. However the day we were there it was downright terrible! My husband ordered a chicken roti and I ordered the callaloo lasagne, which sounded like a nice local wrinkle on a North American standard. My husband's meal featured a stale roti filled mainly with potato and almost no chicken. My food failed to arrive at all and when we enquired we were informed that they didn't have any lasagne today. I'm not sure why our server didn't disclose this early so I could have ordered something else. At any rate, I ordered a fish basket with chips and what I got was nearly inedible: cubed fish that was fried to the point of being hard, dried out and leathery, with ill-prepared French fries from a frozen package (not sure how they could screw that up, but they did - the fries were undercooked). My husband compained about his roti and was told it was not stale, but was a "different variety". I didn't have the heart to complain about my meal - it was just too awful to know where to start. We also observed a couple at the next table complaining about their order. It's not a restaurant we would ever go back to untill the management changes, but given the poor quality of the food and the inept service, I can't think they're going to last very long.

3  Thank Cat_n_Mouse

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I tried the chicken sandwich and it was okay. Fantastic view of the waters of the Carenage where the restaurant is situated.

1  Thank Christal R
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spent 2.5 hours to get a sandwich which had no flavor... The nutmeg conch burger/sandwich. The coke zero was very cold though.

2  Thank PD18
Reviewed November 5, 2012

we eat in this restaurant, just arrived from our long trip from London to Grenada.
the position looking to the port is very nice
we were theonly 3 guest, but they prepare for us immediately a fresh grilled fish
very good
during the carnival this place have windows looking the parata.
Cinzia Paolo e Andrea

1  Thank CINZIAP283
Reviewed October 21, 2012

we always eat here. so i guess we would not keep going back if we were not satisfied.
right on the harbour view is average, but you get a nice breeze and its very central so you have access to other parts of the town.

1  Thank ann372