My husband and I spent a week at this resort from February 19-26, and we absolutely loved it! This is our second time staying at an all inclusive, and our previous experience made us nervous as to what to expect this time around. The Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa was absolutely amazing!
We arrived at our hotel room, and were completely amazed. It was not the hugest room, but we had a king size bed, beautiful bathroom with jacuzzi tub and a balcony with a stunning ocean view. We also arrived to a bottle of rum on our bed, a basket of fresh fruit, and a letter welcoming us and thanking us for staying there for our anniversary. It was definitely a nice touch and made us feel right at home :)
The weather was BEAUTIFUL! It was usually around 30 degrees outside. The grounds were emmaculate, the pool was nice and the beach was great. We usually stayed by the pool however, because the beach, as nice as it was, did have lots of large bees flying around.
The food at the buffet was really good. I wasn't as impressed with the a la carte restaruants though... if you don't like seafood like me, you don't have a lot of options. There was always tons to choose from at the buffet though, and they switched up the food everyday.
The staff was great! They were all really friendly people, and even though it was hard to communicate sometimes, they still tried really hard, and were always doing whatever they could to make us happy.
If you plan on going on any excursions, you should check out the National Park, Los Haitises. It was worth the $100 we paid for it. We went through Air Canada Vacations. Speaking of Air Canada Vacations, if you do book through them your representative will be Joel. He is super helpful and gave us tons of tips on what to do... once again, excellent service!
We went to this resort for our first anniversary and we definitely will not forget it. I definitely reccommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice, relaxing and stress-free getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: Main pool with Jacuzzi surrounded by a sun terrace 3 beachside hydromassage tubs Loungers, sun umbrellas and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) Wedding gazebo Buffet-style main restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 bars, cocktail lounge, chill out zone, 1 snack bar Sports facilities: gym Pueblo Principe: Shopping and leisure mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars and disco. Rooms: 295 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View, Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Terrace WiFi (additional charge) Junior Suite: sitting area, sofa-bed and ironing set Club Golden Junior Suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Park Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Auditorium for corporate meetings Panoramic lifts Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Samana