We stayed here for two weeks in September and had a really good holiday.
We had already been given our room key cards and all inclusive bands when we arrived at the airport, so we went straight to the room as soon as we got there. Unfortunately we were given a corner room that faced the courtyard, so that everybody that walked down the corridor adjacent to us could see straight into our room, we went and complained and were given a much better room the next day with no fuss. The rooms were spacious with queen size bed, and were very clean.
The beach is small but it is clean and not filthy like it has previously been mentioned. Sometimes if there has been a storm debris will wash up on the shore but staff are there cleaning it up immediately.
The main pool is where we spent most of our time, although it was annoying that there were not enough parasols, so it did get to a point where we got up early to reserve a sunbed. The good news is the day we were leaving there were brand new parasols around the pool. Zinelda who works at the pool bar is lovely and when she gets to know you will keep lining up your drinks for you, just let her know when you've had enough. There are 3 jaccuzzi pools down by the other beach and snack bar but we didn't use these so can't really comment much. We did go down to the snack bar a couple of times, which is ok but the bread rolls are left on the side and get stale quickly.
The buffet restaurant was very good there was plenty to choose from. They have theme nights as well as the normal buffet food so even the fussiest eater will find something they like. The eggs at breakfast are good, the chef will make them exactly how you like.
We tried all 3 of the themed retaurants and enjoyed all 3 the first week, on the second week we went to the italian restaurant again because we had enjoyed it but had a completely different experience, they were short staffed and were a bit rude and seemed to want us to eat and get out as soon as possible, yet friends went the next night and had a good time. So don't be put off it's still worth trying it at least once.
The biggest problem we had while there was problems with the lifts breaking down and being maintained in the middle of the day. The lift to the beach broke down alot and it's a long walk up the stairs. They were also maintaining the lifts in the hotel and when your room is on the fith floor this can also be quite a trek.
The animation team are ok and do their best to entertain, we joined in a few games but if you say no to them they won't pester you. The evening entertainment in the disco isn't very good at all, they dance and mime to everything, but for comedy value it's worth a look.
Be careful when booking trips with the holiday reps, they say not to go on your own or with Raymon on the beach but we saved alot of money by getting a taxi for 6 people to playa rincon. Thompson were charging $170 for 2 of us that included food, we ended up paying just $220 that included our food for the 6 of us. That just shows how the tour operators rip you off. The thompson rep at the coyacoa is claire and she isn't very helpful at all.
All in all it was a great holiday and wasn't spoilt by the little things that went wrong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: Main pool with Jacuzzi surrounded by a sun terrace 3 beachside hydromassage tubs Loungers, sun umbrellas and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) Wedding gazebo Buffet-style main restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 bars, cocktail lounge, chill out zone, 1 snack bar Sports facilities: gym Pueblo Principe: Shopping and leisure mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars and disco. Rooms: 295 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View, Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Terrace WiFi (additional charge) Junior Suite: sitting area, sofa-bed and ironing set Club Golden Junior Suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Park Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Auditorium for corporate meetings Panoramic lifts Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Samana