Flew out to Samana to the Bahia Principe Caycoa in sept '08'
This was the first time that I had flew to the Dom Rep, I loved the flight and the coach transfer to the hotel, We got to the hotel there were dancers there to greet us and staff there handing out the complimentary drink which was very enjoyable but when I walked into the hotel it just didn't have the Wow factor that the pictures showed on the internet.
A majority of the staff were fantastic but the restuarant staff well that was a different story as I did think that a majority of these were rude and ignorant the same as the locals when they came to stay at the hotel for the weekend.
The pool is fantastic not especialy clean though as the pool maintenance guy was very slow at that as it seemed that the pool itself and the pool man just couldn't cope with the amount of leaves and bugs that kept getting into the pool and the bottom was dirty too and there was dead skin that was floating around in the pool a majority of the time which is digusting, the pool swim up bar is fantastic and the lady who works behind there is an absolutely fantastic member of staff got to know her very well as once she has seen you a couple of times she has a very good memory of what yu drink and you get your drink without even asking and the entertainment staff they have there are fantastic with the adults and the families they have a laugh and a joke with you and they really go out of their way to making sure that you have a truly special and enjoyable holiday which we did with them and by the pool.The evening entertainment is great the entertainment team really do put their heart and soul into their shows as they have so much energy we enjoyed the shows very much,
We enjoyed the buffet restaurant but when we got into the second week the food seemed to be the same as we had in the first week and the a la carte restaurants we all thought that these were digusting too as none of it was what we liked and some things that are on the menu you would think are something simpl but please don't be fooled as a lot of it is not what you think it is we only tried these once as we really didn't like.
The complex is also not a 24 hour complex either which we were dissapointed with and the lobby bar shuts at 11pm which we all thought was crazy and if you want a drink after this time then you have to go to the show time bar but you are limited as to what you can have to drink you cannot get Pina Colada over there or Banana Mama either.
We suffered alot with the tiny creatures that look like ants in our room we were told that these were not ants just very similar but these things do crawl on you and they sort of leave a acid but it feels like a bite as you can't stop itching and my foot blew up like a balloon at night where they had been on me but by morning it was back to normal but these things do get everywhere in your wardrobe, in your clothes and they do like the bathroom round the door frame and especialy the sink and some on the balcony so we hardly used ours as they were constantly out there which was a little annoying to us as if you wanted a quiet night on the balcony you couldn't without scratching like mad.
Locals that come onto this complex are very noisy and very annoying and are rude when it comes to meals times too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: Main pool with Jacuzzi surrounded by a sun terrace 3 beachside hydromassage tubs Loungers, sun umbrellas and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Wedding gazebo Buffet-style main restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 bars, cocktail lounge, chill out zone, 1 snack bar Sports facilities: gym Pueblo Principe: Shopping and leisure mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars and disco. Rooms: 295 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View, Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Terrace WiFi (no additional charge) Junior Suite: sitting area, sofa-bed and ironing set Club Golden Junior Suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Park Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Auditorium for corporate meetings Panoramic lifts Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Despegar.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Samana