Just returned with husband from Cayacoa in late March. Beautiful resort and weather. I was surprised at how good the buffet food was and tons of choice! The A la cartes were also very well done. Just the snack bar was a bit disappointing but it was also out of the way so we didn't visit it often. Many people speak of the beaches being less than hoped, but I thought it was great to have two. Less crowded and you could choose between active or secluded. Plus I liked seeing the locals there on their weekends. The pool and drinks were awesome (lattes!!) and rooms all had lovely views, beds were quite hard though. Lost power once or twice but we didn't really even notice. The wifi was a bit annoying as it was so limited but at least there was one free option.
The staff were all pleasant and accommodating, in particular the entertainment staff. Luis and his crew (Fernando, Massiell, Veronica, Carlito, Carlos and Caroline) were fun, energetic, really original and good at remembering names. Bingo and Luis' costumes were a highlight of our holiday. I would say that the "stretch" class on the beach would really benefit from being a bit earlier so that it's not so hot and also a bit of yoga training to make it more authentic.
BE AWARE that they do try to hold Time Share meetings under subterfuge but at least you get a free massage. And there are A LOT of stairs- but we are young and loved burning off calories.
Samana itself was gorgeous! Fun people, lovely beaches, tropical forests and great produce. They really are trying to improve their area and education. All in all, we would return for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: Main pool with Jacuzzi surrounded by a sun terrace 3 beachside hydromassage tubs Loungers, sun umbrellas and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) Wedding gazebo Buffet-style main restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 bars, cocktail lounge, chill out zone, 1 snack bar Sports facilities: gym Pueblo Principe: Shopping and leisure mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars and disco. Rooms: 295 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View, Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Terrace WiFi (additional charge) Junior Suite: sitting area, sofa-bed and ironing set Club Golden Junior Suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Park Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Auditorium for corporate meetings Panoramic lifts Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Samana