Recently returned from a wonderful stay at this resort. I must point out, out of all our travels, this resort has one of the best staff around. This includes all areas:front desk, guest services, animation, bell hop, servers, bartenders and housekeeping. All so very friendly and helpful. Many of them remember your names. I'd also want to compliment the management, I had emailed prior to my trip and they responded in a timely manner.The resort is lovely. Very clean. Nice views and great food. Some things to consider: if you are a beach person and like to walk for miles and want tourquois blue water, this place is not for you. This resort is set in a bay, so the beach is small, golden sand and clear water. We took a day trip to Levantado and that was a very nice beach. Also a trip to Ricon for a nice beach as well. The resort is set on a cliff so there are some steep hills to walk ( good work out) or they do offer golf cart type transportation to get you around. You can go into town and hang out, shop, eat, drink we felt very safe.
We stayed in the tower section and had an awesome view. The rooms are nice and clean but I would say decor is dated. Our air conditioning wasn't the best, but the ceiling fan did help in making it comfortable to sleep. Seems many resorts are offering these ultra modern facilities (which I do like) but this place did not bother us. They offer free wifi in the lobby area. I would recommend that they offer it free in your room as well vs. charging extra. We would return to Cayacoa. I don't think you'd be disappointed if you choose this place for your vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: Main pool with Jacuzzi surrounded by a sun terrace 3 beachside hydromassage tubs Loungers, sun umbrellas and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) Wedding gazebo Buffet-style main restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 bars, cocktail lounge, chill out zone, 1 snack bar Sports facilities: gym Pueblo Principe: Shopping and leisure mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars and disco. Rooms: 295 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View, Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Terrace WiFi (additional charge) Junior Suite: sitting area, sofa-bed and ironing set Club Golden Junior Suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Park Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Auditorium for corporate meetings Panoramic lifts Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Samana