One of the first things I noticed was the cleanliness and sanitation habits of the staff - at the main bar - where I spent most of the time- Dario will make you as many Brandy Alexanders as you can handle. All the waitresses were super friendly - Guillerma?? ran to get me chocolate cookies from somewhere without being asked. Francia, Milka, Eduardo, Carlos Carlos and Carlito and everyone else was awesome.
The animation team was fun - Carolin can teach anyone to dance - I didn't injure anyone for once - and Spagguetti(??) made BINGO as funny as any comedy show. Juan bartends at the night club and he is #1! haha There were no premium liquors included with the gold package so that was a slight disappointment as I was hoping for some - or a lot - of Bombay...
Buffet does not count as food but this place had a nice presentation and IThe restaurants included with this hotel are also really good - I had one of the most tender steaks with lobster - I hate seafood but still had their surf and turf twice! Jose (he looks like a mini version of The Rock from WWE) bends over backwards to make sure your meal is perfect and Claudio is always smiling.
I went to the beach once and the snack bar was not too impressive, but the late night kitchen got a quick inspection and looked very clean - I ate there every night after the clubs closed or you can order room service 24hrs. Santo was there at night and ran a lot of food out happily.
For the price it's good bang for buck - a jet tub, slippers and a bathrobe, and chocolates on the bed - but the buildings are old and in poor shape. I had a water leak in my room. Liz with guest services ended up offering to launder all my clothes at no charge which was fine with me. There is also a lot of noise from the staff yelling in the halls in the morning. We were yelling across the dining rooms too sometimes, so I can't complain, but you do hear a lot of noises from outside and from neighbours.
There is a long bridge with a couple of islands in a string - this is off property and you will see a warning sign. I was told there is a ghost who won't leave you alone untill you give him a dollar - a kid who says if you don't pay him he'll commit suicide - he jumps off the bridge and re-appears at the other end a few minutes later... didn't see him, but had a nice walk - about an hour or two so bring water - and you get to see some creepy abandoned military buildings overgrown by Mother Nature and there is also a small public beach on the first island.
The town is typical DR but shuts down at midnight during the week and 2am on the weekends. Do your research and be careful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: Main pool with Jacuzzi surrounded by a sun terrace 3 beachside hydromassage tubs Loungers, sun umbrellas and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Wedding gazebo Buffet-style main restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 bars, cocktail lounge, chill out zone, 1 snack bar Sports facilities: gym Pueblo Principe: Shopping and leisure mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars and disco. Rooms: 295 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View, Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Terrace WiFi (no additional charge) Junior Suite: sitting area, sofa-bed and ironing set Club Golden Junior Suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Park Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Auditorium for corporate meetings Panoramic lifts Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BP USA TRAVEL INC, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Samana