We have just returned from the Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa in Samana in the Dominican Republic. We travelled from April 27 - May 11, 2013. What a great vacation. This is a rather small resort and yes, there are lots of stairs. But there are also elevators, so it's really not a big deal. If you enjoy walking, this resort is perfect. It has e wry thing, a nice main buffet restaurant and three a la carte restaurants. Seafood, Italian, and Gournet. We tried the Italian, and the Gourmet restaurants. Neither my husband or I like seafood, so I can't say anything about that one. The Gourmet restaurant was fair, and we didn't care for the Italian restaurant. The main buffet was also really good. They have theme nights, Mexican, Italian, Dominican etc. The food was always good, with a lot of variety. There was always something you would like. there is a snack bar on the lower level of the resort ( this is where the stairs come into play). On the main beach there is also a BBQ which offered hamburgers,hot dogs, light salads etc. The interesting feature about this resort is the panoramic view elevator that takes you down to the beach. OUTSTANDING. That's all I can say about that. The rooms are quite nice. They are decorated in the colours of the Caribbean. The washrooms are not huge, but who cares....you aren't taking them home. The resort is very clean, the grounds are very well maintained, and there is always people cleaning. The pool is not huge, but it is more than enough. There is also a hot tub. The pool temperature was perfect, you could just get right in. Not alot of shock value. There are plenty of bars, and of course, they use way to much alcohol in the drinks. They don't seem to understand, when you ask for less. The beaches are cleaned every morning, and they are beautiful. We feel that this resort is great value, and it is most definitely one we would return to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: Main pool with Jacuzzi surrounded by a sun terrace 3 beachside hydromassage tubs Loungers, sun umbrellas and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Wedding gazebo Buffet-style main restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 bars, cocktail lounge, chill out zone, 1 snack bar Sports facilities: gym Pueblo Principe: Shopping and leisure mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars and disco. Rooms: 295 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View, Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Terrace WiFi (no additional charge) Junior Suite: sitting area, sofa-bed and ironing set Club Golden Junior Suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Park Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Auditorium for corporate meetings Panoramic lifts Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Samana