This is not a four star or even a three star hotel although there are elements that are three star but not consistently. This is a hotel that is getting tired. Staff are ok but some are not trained properly.The food is definitely decent but a bit repetitious. The house wine is drinkable but not wonderful. Specialty restaurants are good generally.Great location for beautiful and scenic views but a very, very boring hotel as there is really not much going on here. The beach is 2 stars with a 1 star elevator.
When you read the reviews one has the distinct impression that many are being ghost written...hint the same praise and the same verbal descriptions of the same employees (named).
One irksome silliness is the blatant attempt to sell guests on buying long term vacations with the Principe chain. This wastes the vacation time of guests and frankly is disgracefully a bad deal for anyone dumb enough to buy. I doubt they have any takers. The hotel is also over run by locals on the weekends, which is no big deal if you do not mind a busy pool area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: Main pool with Jacuzzi surrounded by a sun terrace 3 beachside hydromassage tubs Loungers, sun umbrellas and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) Wedding gazebo Buffet-style main restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 bars, cocktail lounge, chill out zone, 1 snack bar Sports facilities: gym Pueblo Principe: Shopping and leisure mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars and disco. Rooms: 295 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View, Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Terrace WiFi (additional charge) Junior Suite: sitting area, sofa-bed and ironing set Club Golden Junior Suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Park Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Auditorium for corporate meetings Panoramic lifts Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Samana