We went for a one week family vacation to Bahia Principe Cayacoa during the Holidays, we were 8 scattered in 3 rooms. The hotel was advertised as 5 star but is rather a 4 star hotel. The rooms were comfortable and spacious, but you could hear the city noise (the town nightclub music playing until the early morning). Samana is not a destination to enjoy long walks on the beach, it's very short. But expect to be walking a lot around the resort, a lot of stairs going up and down, a lot distance to cover to go to the restaurants, to the pool, to the beach, etc. An elevator takes you down to the beach as the hotel is located on a cliff, or you can try the long set of stairs down. The beach is a bit dirty but ashore you can go for great snorkeling, a lot of starfish to see! Staff very friendly and helpful. Food is good, entertainment is OK, drinks are not all inclusive, which was odd for an all inclusive resort. Pool is nice. Resort casino is not located on site, you need to take a shuttle to go in town where the casino is, but not much worth the trouble. The town is very noisy, very polluted and every local trying to get your business. In all, very happy we got to see Samana but would not go back. If you want to enjoy nice beaches at a ground level resort, spend the extra bucks and go to Punta Cana.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: Main pool with Jacuzzi surrounded by a sun terrace 3 beachside hydromassage tubs Loungers, sun umbrellas and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) Wedding gazebo Buffet-style main restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 bars, cocktail lounge, chill out zone, 1 snack bar Sports facilities: gym Pueblo Principe: Shopping and leisure mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars and disco. Rooms: 295 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View, Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Terrace WiFi (additional charge) Junior Suite: sitting area, sofa-bed and ironing set Club Golden Junior Suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Park Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Auditorium for corporate meetings Panoramic lifts Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Samana