My wife and I absolutely loved this resort! We have been to the Carribean & Mexico several times now (Dominican Republic 3 times, Jamaica, Mayan Riviera 3 times, & also Puerto Vallarta). This resort ranks in the top 2 - Sandals in Jamaica (Negril) is also quite spectacular. The room - Junior Suite Golden Club - was fantastic! Great views, roomy and clean. The service, food, and pools are 5 star worthy in my opinion, not to mention the well maintained surroundings. The setting is gorgeous, with Samana across the bay and the hotel built on the side of the hill. There are a lot of stairs but there is an excellent shuttle service to take you around the resort. You just have to call and they will send it to your door. The elevator going down to the main beach is functional and kind of sets it apart from the rest. We had no complaints except for maybe a lack of clean towels to exchange everyday, but that in no way detracted from having a wonderful vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: Main pool with Jacuzzi surrounded by a sun terrace 3 beachside hydromassage tubs Loungers, sun umbrellas and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) Wedding gazebo Buffet-style main restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 bars, cocktail lounge, chill out zone, 1 snack bar Sports facilities: gym Pueblo Principe: Shopping and leisure mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars and disco. Rooms: 295 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View, Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Terrace WiFi (additional charge) Junior Suite: sitting area, sofa-bed and ironing set Club Golden Junior Suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Park Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Auditorium for corporate meetings Panoramic lifts Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Samana