We got off to a rocky start with our room not quite being ready and our A/C not working, but everything else was great. They do a lot to try and remedy any complaints. The staff were incredible, super friendly and helpful. The view from our balcony was beautiful, and the room was nice and comfortable. The pools were nice. The beach left a little to be desired, but it was not too bad. We used some vendors on the beach for our excursions. They warn you against doing that at the resort, but we had a lot of fun and there were no problems whatsoever. The food was pretty good too. They try and change it up at the buffet at least a little bit, and there's enough to pick from that you don't have to eat the same thing everyday. The a la carte restraunts were great too. I didn't have a problem finding food that was good, which is saying something since I'm about as picky as they come. The power goes out a lot there, so if you set the alarm clock chances are pretty good it wont actually go off. The front desk is really good about getting you a wake up call on time though. I highly recommend this resort, it was fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: Main pool with Jacuzzi surrounded by a sun terrace 3 beachside hydromassage tubs Loungers, sun umbrellas and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) Wedding gazebo Buffet-style main restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 bars, cocktail lounge, chill out zone, 1 snack bar Sports facilities: gym Pueblo Principe: Shopping and leisure mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars and disco. Rooms: 295 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View, Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Terrace WiFi (additional charge) Junior Suite: sitting area, sofa-bed and ironing set Club Golden Junior Suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Park Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Auditorium for corporate meetings Panoramic lifts Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Samana