My wife and I were here from Nov. 24-Dec. 2nd it was fantastic!
The ANIMATION TEAM WAS GREAT!
Fernando,Carolin(Esparanza), Yeison and Juan were all great and very accomodating. Carolin is a great dancer, no doubt how she stays so fit, Fernando is not that good of a ping pong player but he tries, so sometimes I let him win:) They work all day and then again at night during the theatre show, I don't know how they find the energy so when you are here make sure to tip them individually.
The swim up bar staff were great Christian J and Pierre were great too, always smiling and willing to make any drink you request. They never ran out of anything which is surprising because there were so many drinks to be made. No doubt because Carlos kept all the wet bars running.
This was a very nice and clean resort the buffet was pretty good everyday and we only did one a la carte which was the gourmet but it was mexican night at the buffet (very awesome) so I ate two dinners that night.
Air Canada guy didn't seem too interested in helping with anything unless he could make a buck off you but he did what he needed to do and that was fine. Location was great pretty close to the excursions we wanted and 2 minutes to the town.
Of course, the people you meet have a lot to do with your holiday too so hi to Will, Leavy, Miguel, Scott, Danny and Shireen.
If you read some bad reviews and pictures about this place think about what they are saying and the pictures they are taking before you decide not to come here. I'm sure if I crawled under a sink, contorted my back shone a light behind a pipe I might find something I wouldn't want to in any hotel or home, if there is a bit of mould or water damage who cares really? you aren't buying the place and it didn't ruin your vacation you ruined your vacation, stay home and be miserable.
Happy times!! Jason and Corinne.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: Main pool with Jacuzzi surrounded by a sun terrace 3 beachside hydromassage tubs Loungers, sun umbrellas and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) Wedding gazebo Buffet-style main restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 bars, cocktail lounge, chill out zone, 1 snack bar Sports facilities: gym Pueblo Principe: Shopping and leisure mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars and disco. Rooms: 295 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View, Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Terrace WiFi (additional charge) Junior Suite: sitting area, sofa-bed and ironing set Club Golden Junior Suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Park Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Auditorium for corporate meetings Panoramic lifts Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BP USA TRAVEL INC, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Samana