Overall Hotel - amazing location, friendly staff with excellent service
Food- for the most part good - I am a picky eater and was still able to gain 7 lbs. even with all the stairs and walking! Ramon and Carlos in the buffet are amazing! My husband liked all the food; some others with us said it was average.
Booze - great - always available great service from Angel and Manuel in the lobby bar and from AltaGarcia our singing, dancing waitress!
Shows- only went to the magic show and as everyone says - go. They do have mini-shows at night in the lobby bar patio.
The patio was one off our favourite spots either for mid-morning coffee and cappuccinos - which are excellent!! Great place to meet up with friends before and after dinner.
Beach – Bar service excellent. We did snorkel quite a bit from both beaches so nice to have it right on the beach. We did meet some local kids on the beach; they were very friendly and respected your privacy when you wanted it.
Pools – we used all of them, but preferred the beach.
Trips-we took two – booked both with Raymond and Gregory – use them – We used them for private tours –as there were 12 people in our group and did a sailboat tour – snorkeling, lunch, drinks, beer, wine and rum, we had an amazing day!
The other tour was the ATV’s - 8 people – left at 8:30 returned about 6 – about a 45 min drive both ways to the ATV’s – lots of fun. Went to: Devils hole: Playa Rincon beach: pineapple farm, all around the county side had a fantastic lunch and a few drinks, got to stay at the beach as long as we wanted. ATV’s were in fantastic shape and somewhere brand new!
Samana – Do go into town and get out of the hotel and experience the town and the local people, they are friendly, fun and very happy people. We met great people and kids. Please if you are going, bring stuff for the locals – popular items for the kids are: tennis balls, baseballs and gloves new or used they don’t care, the love pens, pencils and note books which we can get from the dollar store here. If you have used backpacks for them they love those too! We bought most of our rum and vanilla from the local grocery store one block behind the main drag – just ask the locals, Raymond took us there. You can buy a big beer there for $2 and walk around town with it. We even got a ride back to the hotel from the local cops in the back of their pickup – drinking our beer in the back of the pick-up truck!
Tip or not to Tip- Do it. We usually left the maid $2 per day and most days items for kids, pantyhose etc. We tipped at the bars and restaurants; they do share the tips with the rest of the team in the area. Let’s face it the service and the staff deserve and appreciate it – we do it at home why not on vacation!
Would we go back – maybe – but not for a while – as we were there for two weeks, we’ve stayed at 5 Bahia’s in the DR and never been disappointed.
One Recommendation for the Bahia – is to start a community ambassador program in the schools – for recycling and also at the hotel, it is such a beautiful island with beautiful people I hate to see the garbage everywhere!
I hope you enjoy your stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: Main pool with Jacuzzi surrounded by a sun terrace 3 beachside hydromassage tubs Loungers, sun umbrellas and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) Wedding gazebo Buffet-style main restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 bars, cocktail lounge, chill out zone, 1 snack bar Sports facilities: gym Pueblo Principe: Shopping and leisure mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars and disco. Rooms: 295 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View, Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Terrace WiFi (additional charge) Junior Suite: sitting area, sofa-bed and ironing set Club Golden Junior Suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Park Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Auditorium for corporate meetings Panoramic lifts Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Samana