Let's start by saying the view is fantastic. We were fortunate enough to stay in the main building, so we were close to everything.
The food was good and the service was excellent.
The water was disappointing as the colours were not as brilliant as other resorts we had been to. There were lots of starfish that could be seen, but not clearly. The snorkelling was not as good as other places I have been to.
We were there at a time when the resort was only half full so we never had problems getting chairs by the pool or ocean.
The entertainment at night was good, but it was so loud in the small amphitheater that we often left early.
We went to read and relax by the water in the sunshine. We were definitely able to do this.
The ride to and from the airport was definitely interesting as the driver had to deal with the many motorbikes, students walking, vehicles parked on the narrow, curvy roads and slower vehicles. It was particularly interesting to see these bikes treated as small cars.
It was a good trip to this resort, we enjoyed it, but I don't think we would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: Main pool with Jacuzzi surrounded by a sun terrace 3 beachside hydromassage tubs Loungers, sun umbrellas and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) Wedding gazebo Buffet-style main restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 bars, cocktail lounge, chill out zone, 1 snack bar Sports facilities: gym Pueblo Principe: Shopping and leisure mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars and disco. Rooms: 295 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View, Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Terrace WiFi (additional charge) Junior Suite: sitting area, sofa-bed and ironing set Club Golden Junior Suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Park Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Auditorium for corporate meetings Panoramic lifts Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Samana