Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa
Hotel Villas Las Palmas al Mar(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
$85
$64
Hotel Atlantis(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
$103
$106
$265
BahiaPrincipe
  • Pool
$132
$124
Hotel Albachiara(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
$132
$113
La Dolce Vita Residence(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
$78
$70
Villa Serena Hotel(Las Galeras)
$117
Resort Costa Las Ballenas(Las Terrenas)(Great Value!)
$107
Travelocity
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
4,199 results
All reviewsmain poolsnack barmain buildinga la carte restaurantsanimation teambuffet restaurantseafoodjacuzzi poolbacardi islandevery hourtwo weeksdominican republicsamana townfirst choicegrand bahialower poolspaghetti
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Our holiday was the best from start to finish the reception when we arrived at the hotel was friendly and welcoming, our room was clean and had a lovely view from the balcony. The staff were great, always happy to help, entertaining and friendly.

All areas of the hotel were always kept cleaned the maids were always happy to help and supply more towels and water bottles.

The entertainment staff were the best during the day on the beach and the pool then in the evening.

If your looking for a quite get away or something a little bit different this holiday could give you everything you need

Room Tip: Ask for sea view
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank NMMMSurrey
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed at the Gran Bahia Cayacoa from 11th May for two weeks. We are a well travelled couple and we have also been to several Caribean destinations inlcuding the Domenican before. We booked this holiday as we wanted a realaxing two weeks all inclusive in the sun. We booked through Thomsons online for £791 pp so very good value, because we booked before March we were upgraded to a Golden Club Junior Suite, the room was very spacious, good fittings, superb four poster bed which could have easily fit four people in, jacuzzi bath, seperate shower in the well fitted bathroom and the best bit was the amazing full sea view from the balcony, it was truely stunning!! The food in the buffet restaurant was excellent quality and a different theme every night, there are three a la carte restaurants, fish, gourmet and Italian, we found the Italian average, the fish very good and the gourmet fantastic. The staff were so friendly and the animation team made our holiday complete, well done Elvis, Lenny and Danny!! We did Cayo Levantado exursion, again good and white water ratfing which was excellent. The beach is yellow sand, clear water, amazing for snorkelling and the beach is very clean. The pools are great, a games pool and a quieter one. The weather was hot and humid with a couple of days rain. The entertainment was great too. The only one thing I would say is for some reason on a couple of nights they didn't put alchohal in our drinks at the bar, maybe this was a language barrier? be warned there are a lot of steps, however it keeps you fit and there is a free buggy service which takes you back and forth from your room. Overall this was a fantastic holiday and I would strongly recommend.

Room Tip: Book early to get free room upgrades
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank porter8224
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I travelled to this hotel for 2 weeks at the end of March this year. The people are so friendly and the scenery is amazing. Yes ourtside of the resort it is very poor and I don't think you would want to be out there on your own but you really cannot fault anything in the hotel and to me it was the perfect all inclusive paradise holiday and we could not have asked for more. Food lovely, sea view from the room was the best I have ever had. Cannot understand the people that fault the hotel. We paid £900 for the package, all inclusive that included flights and considering how far away dominican is I think this is great value for money. Would I go back - definitely. Loved it.

Room Tip: get a sea view room, you won't regret it :o)
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nix1989
Reviewed May 25, 2011

My wife and I booked out of Edmonton through Westjet Vacations for a week, 14-21 May. Overall it was a good trip, first time to DR but we have done all-inclusive to Mexico 4 times before. Firstly, I will say we are very easy going and not demanding at all. The hotel was very clean but we didn't find the staff overly friendly like some have said, I would say benign indifference was the vibe I got. And yes I was tipping and I spoke Spanish. Some of the staff were friendly but the pool bartenders and the front desk were almost surly. The best service we received was from housekeeping and the mini bar in the room was a very nice feature, fully stocked with cold beer, water and pop. The buffet was good, lots of choices and the quality was nice, the wine was dreadful. The a la cartes were somewhat uneven, the food was pretty good but the service was suspect. We waited 45 mins for our appetizer at the fish restaurant before my wife could catch one of the waiters attention. The bars were plentiful. you could always get a drink, the outside terrace overlooking the town was really nice and our room was right above it so it was a little loud in the evening as that is where everyone goes after dinner.

The best part of the trip was two excursions with Terry, I cannot recommend him more and you can read my review on TA. The worst part was an experience with one of the shops in the Pueblo Principe which is run by the hotels company, in particular the blue shop. We went in looking for a couple of post cards and fridge magnets, the gentleman was very friendly and said the more we buy the more we save so we picked out two T shirts and a kids Hawaiian shirt as well as a bottle of Mamajuana. The total came to $150.00, I was shocked and said I wouldn't expect it to be more than 40, he then came down to 112, my wife asked how much for the postcards and fridge magnets and he said 21. Now, I am used to haggling and don't mind paying a little more than I should as everyone needs to make a living but this felt like we were being completely taken advantage of. We said forget it and walked down to the casino. We were in there for a few minutes and the guy came in with a story about how his boss said since we were from his girlfriends province he could give us a special deal for 50. We agreed reluctantly and he said he wasn't getting any commission from us so if you do the math, his commission, if we paid 150, would be 300%. It left us with a bad taste that lasted the rest of the trip but on a good note my wife won 300 bucks at the casino so that was nice. On a side note, nobody mentions the casino on here and it isn't much, maybe 15 slot machines and some tables which weren't open when we were in there as we were the only people there. We love slots and there were a few we had played at home and some we hadn't seen before. My wife won on the Babuska game.

Overall it was a good trip, weather was pleasant, not too hot, we saw some beautiful beaches, not at this hotel though, and enjoyed our time. I am glad we went here but I don't think we will return to this area or hotel. I would recommend it as we felt it was a good value.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank deafdog
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Intend on going back. Great location, very unique setting. Laid back atmosphere and friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2011