“accident with scubaquatic boat”
Review of Scubaquatic

Scubaquatic
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I were on vacation in Punta Cana and swimming in a designated swim area when one of their boat drivers was driving recklessly and came to close to the area pulling a couple of kids on a tube. He swung the tube around and into the swim area. My husband and I were in the path and had no time to move out of the way of the tube coming at us at at least 15 mph. My husband managed to duck under water and the tube grazed the top of his head. I was struck up the side of the head and shoulder. The driver of the boat ran away. It took several days for them to acknowledge they were at fault. I required immediate medical care. Though they did pay the onsite medical bill they are not providing insurance information for my medical bills after returning home. A few days after this accident, their glass bottom boat was driving through the designated swim area. They have shown no concern for the safety of others. It was obvious that the drivers are not trained in how to handle a boat safely or how to handle an emergency appropriately. Even after the accident happened, the staff just stood and looked at us. No one offered help. I wore a neck brace our whole vacation. Training and safety did not appear to be a priority.

1  Thank Ruth H

Reviewed May 19, 2013

firstly let me point out myself and Friend are advanced divers(over 1200 dives between us) we stayed at the Gran Bahia Ambar for two weeks 4th till 17th May 2013. we decided to use the local dive company at the resort Scuba Quatic. we had paid in advance using Paypal as they only seemed interested in getting advanced paid diving, yes they gave us a small discount. we never normally pay in advance, because it is so hard to get monies back in case of problems. when we arrived we went down to check in and get paper work sorted, it was a joke, they gave us forms to fill in in French ? although we both English, where asked to just sign in boxes, never checked our dive logs or dive certs, to see what kind of level of diving we could do or to check our last dive dates. ? they had a real lack of interest in their job, even more so when they realised we had already booked and paid for our diving, gave the impression ohh well we have their money sod them. we turned up the following day for our first dive and within 5 mins we both thought what a bunch of cowboys.!! they had very little interest in divers with their own kit (we feeling because we where not paying to hire kit) the dive boat was a total disgrace, it was a over sized rowing boat with an engine at the Back, the expected you to carry all you kit to the boat on the beach(not far really) but my friend has a problem with his Hip, was explained, but did they care NO! did anyone offer to help NO!.. once all the kit was in the Boat(if you could call it that) they then expected you to push the boat out into the water, with all the kit in.. against strong waves hitting the shore line and then jump in and hold on till the get past the breakers. the dive briefing was to a very poor standard, no explanation about the dive site, I few basic instructions on hand signals and then he said just follow me in water. ? once on the dive site we rolled off the boat and he just swam along showing no interest in pointing out things to novice divers or anyone else to be honest, he showed no interest at all and just wanted to get around the site and out of the water again. all the dive sites are very shallow(not a problem) but we where told that the max dive time was 40-to 45 mins. now even a novice diver can last longer than that in shallow waters, we asked him why dive was so short and he just looked at us as if we where from another planet.. we understand that novice divers need shorter dives, but when you paying the prices they expect, we like to get our monies worth, we both came up from dive after 43 mins with over half a tank left. there was an American on the boat and he stated it well, he called it Blue Collar diving--I said yes but at white collar prices.... we where there for two weeks and we only did 5 dives from hotel and 2 dives on the catalania trip(which we had pre paid for, the trip to Catalania island to be fair was fun, better diving but still short dives, the Boat was over filled and was very cramped, but the crew and staff on this trip where great. Elvis the guide on the bus was a really nice guy and made everyone feel welcome and did a great job. overall I would say Scuba Quatic where a very poor service(no where as good as the Mexico team) and all they where interested in was getting the dollars in fast and providing a very poor service to divers. my advice is don't pre book. don't pay by credit card.. there are better dive schools within a short distance who have real diving boats and even give free Nitrox.. avoid these if you can......

4  Thank Tommy G
Reviewed April 24, 2013

If you go on a snorkel or scuba adventure using the Scubaquatic company, you'll have a great time. It was one of the funnest excursions we've ever done!

HOWEVER- DO NOT PAY BY CREDIT CARD. We and another family we were with both used credit cards to pay for the trip and both cards were compromised in the weeks following the trip. We got phone calls from the credit card companies saying that numerous charges were applied and/or attempted (I will note that Scubaquatics carded us the proper amount for the excursion). It was their pleasure to serve us!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed at Bahia Principe San Juan. I was happy to find out there was a PADI diving center Scubaquatic on site. I took the PADI open water diver referral course and got my certificate. The referral course is for someone who finishes theory and confined water dives and come to the down south to finish up open water dives.
The staff was very friendly and my instructor was very professional and easy going, as opposed to my instructor here in Montreal (who was impatient and mean).
I have to say that the equipments at the dive shop were a little out dated. regulars and tanks look old and run down.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We booked a trip with Scubaquatic to Catalina Island. The company did a great job! We were picked up on time at our resort in a large, air conditioned bus with our friendly tour guide Elvis (yes, he's alive!) who gave us some really interesting information about the Dominican Republic on our way to La Romana. On the bus ride, the Scubaquatic team made sure to locate the Open Water and Advanced scuba divers, and let each of us know of our groups and which divemaster we should meet on the boat. The boat ride was about 40 minutes out to the first dive spot. Our divemaster for Open Water was Andy. Andy was extremely professional and did a great job navigating us through The Wall and later The Aquarium, our two dive locations. He is a very calm dive instructor and always made sure that we were doing okay and that we never missed a beautiful fish! The lunch that we were given on Catalina Island was delicious (and all inclusive), and we got a chance to snorkel before going home. On the ride home another bus picked up half of the group so that we all could get back to our resorts faster. I found Scubaquatic to be very knowledgeable and professional, and I highly recommend them.