This place is truly a slice of paradise. We stayed the last week of May and were lucky to have JetBlue fly directly from NYC to Samana Airport. The ride to the hotel was under an hour and it takes you to the check in on the main land and then a boat takes you to the island. Everything from the start is perfect. I requested Villa 4 on the second floor and that is exactly what I got. The view was perfect. Not too go into many details but just wanted to point out a couple of pointers...
Beach - absolutely perfect! We always could find an umbrella/palapa or some shade on the beach and it was always quiet. The water was always perfect and deserves the praise of some of the best beaches in the Caribbean.
Snorkeling - snorkeling is great at the quiet beach and at the public beach...you can even swim to the tiny island!
Public Beach - we visited the public beach early in the morning (7am/8am) or later on for the sunset. It is also quiet something and always nice to sit and look at the land or lights in the evening across the water.
Food - everything was very good and quite delicious. We dined at the buffet for breakfast and dinner and the staff was great at making sure we had our usual table set. For lunch we went to the snack/grill near the Beach Pool. It does not have the same variety as the buffet but is great for lunch outside...always great paella, grill and sangria! (what else do you need) As for specialty restaurants, we only tried the Mediterranean and Don Pablo. Mediterranean was very good...however not a fan of Don Pablo...I understand it is a specialty restaurant but it needs to be a bit more refined.
Service - great service. Everyone is always nice and attentive.
Rooms - the villa 4 has a great view and great location...right near the elevator and the walk to the hill to go to the beach. It was also facing the quiet/windy beach which had a gorgeous view. There is also another side of the villa facing the mainland, the view there is a bit different.
Island - the island is perfect. But please note it is an island and it is a hill. I love walking and running so walking around was great.
Pools - Main pool and beach pool were also great. Also, make sure you visit the jacuzzi...it is quiet and absolutely revitalizing.
Spa - used the spa a couple of times...good massages..
Leaving the island was great too..we had all of the management come out and wish us well on our trip back home. The only small downside was when we got to the mainland there were local kids asking for money and some stray dogs running around. That was a bit stressful and overwhelming trying to find your bus/car and all. Also note that this area is not quite as developed as Punta Cana in DR. However, don't let that stop you...the place is amazing and we will be back. Thank you to all at Bahia Principe!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 pools 3 Jacuzzis with bar Large sun terrace and gardens with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 1 tennis court Motorised water sports (additional charge) Store Heliport WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) Main buffet-style restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Cocktail Lounge Snack-bar Wedding gazebo Rooms 268 rooms including 5 types Superior, Junior Suite, Superior Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite and Beach Villas. Superior Junior Suites, Deluxe Junior Suites and Beach Villas are larger than the Junior Suite and Superior. Room facilities: King size four poster bed Air conditioning Ceiling fan Sitting area with desk Balcony or terrace Fully-equipped marble bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, separate shower, bidet, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Telephone in bathroom Don Pablo Collection amenities Bathrobe and slippers Radio alarm clock with iPod docking station Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Flat screen satellite TV Safe Mini-bar with alcoholic drinks Wifi Coffee-making facilities Ironing set 24 hour room service Evening downturn service Outdoor Jacuzzi (Deluxe Junior Suites) Butler service Pillow menu Aroma menu Beach Villas: Seafront location with outdoor Jacuzzi, pillow menu available on request, baggage unpacking and ironing service, laundry service (optional) Other services Medical and pharmacy service (additional charge for both) Stores in the hotel Heliport and private boat (available on request for an additional charge) Mainland reception and transfer by boat (included in the booking fee) Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Travelocity, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Hotel
- Cayo Levantado Samana
- Cayo Levantado Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado
- Cayo Levantado Hotel Samana