What can I say, I have just returned home having spent a fantastic two weeks at Cayo Laventado. Very relaxing, beautiful location, excellent food.. we didn't even get around to try any of the al a carte restaurants because the buffet was so good!!!
However I did overhear two people complain about the selection of food because... they couldn't find anything they liked to eat???? I'm not sure what they like to eat normally, but I can only imagine they were the worlds fussiest eaters because there was steak, chicken, lamb, seafood, lobster, crab, salads, vegetables, stews, soups, breads, burgers, chips, cheeses, fruit, and more desserts choices than anyone really needs, etc.. etc.. etc.. Every day there were speciality dishes as well. Everything was cooked and very tasty. No upset stomachs to deal with.
The entertainment team also worked very hard, although do not expect this to be a party hotel.. it's not. The hotel entertainment finishes about 10:30pm and the bar closes at 11pm. Yes you can then go to the public beach where the entertainment continues, but again some people complained it was too far away?? Perhaps they drive everywhere normally because the island is only about half a mile long.. so not really that far to walk is it?
My only minor issues were
1) There was no 'no smoking' section for the outside buffet tables, and while some guests who wished to smoke were courteous and moved away from people eating, others didn't and seemed to chain smoked on the next table while you tried to eat your meal.
And 2) On arrival after a nine hour flight, and then a four and a half hour bus transfer.. we were met by a humourless man who told us to fill out registration forms to check into the hotel... very long forms wanting passport details, flight details, airport details, home address, telephone numbers, etc.. etc... Which were the exact details I gave the travel company when I booked the holiday in the first place.... And the exact same details I had completed on the other three sets of forms I'd been asked to complete since arriving on the island!
Never the less we had to complete this paperwork before we could get on the boat to take us to the island.. We were very hungry, thirsty and tired, and nearly everyone at this stage was starting to suffer sense of humour failure. To compound this once we had completed the paperwork we were herded onto a jetty.... but there was no boat.. so we then had to wait for that too... (which is when I heard another traveller suggested we perhaps needed to fill out another form to request the transfer boat)...
However if you can suffer the transfer and check in process, you soon forget all about it once you arrive on the island, it is excellent, the rooms are fantastic, the resort very clean, staff helpful and polite, and it is very relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 pools 3 Jacuzzis with bar Large sun terrace and gardens with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 1 tennis court Motorised water sports (additional charge) Store Heliport WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) Main buffet-style restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Cocktail Lounge Snack-bar Wedding gazebo Rooms 268 rooms including 5 types Superior, Junior Suite, Superior Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite and Beach Villas. Superior Junior Suites, Deluxe Junior Suites and Beach Villas are larger than the Junior Suite and Superior. Room facilities: King size four poster bed Air conditioning Ceiling fan Sitting area with desk Balcony or terrace Fully-equipped marble bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, separate shower, bidet, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Telephone in bathroom Don Pablo Collection amenities Bathrobe and slippers Radio alarm clock with iPod docking station Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Flat screen satellite TV Safe Mini-bar with alcoholic drinks Wifi (free of charge) Coffee-making facilities Ironing set 24 hour room service Evening downturn service Outdoor Jacuzzi (Deluxe Junior Suites) Butler service Pillow menu Aroma menu Beach Villas: Seafront location with outdoor Jacuzzi, pillow menu available on request, baggage unpacking and ironing service, laundry service (optional) Other services Medical and pharmacy service (additional charge for both) Stores in the hotel Heliport and private boat (available on request for an additional charge) Mainland reception and transfer by boat (included in the booking fee) Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BP Travel USA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Hotel
- Cayo Levantado Samana
- Cayo Levantado Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado
- Cayo Levantado Hotel Samana