We booked our 3wk stay through Jetblue. They offer a direct and easy flight from JFK two days a week to Samana airport (AZS) -which is clean and efficient. We arranged private transfers with toursamanawithterry.com. He was reasonable, waiting for us, and responded quickly to our emails. The ride to ferry was easy with complimentary beer/water/soda available in a cooler. By the time we finished our beer we had arrived at the ferry dock where we checked-in and were given our room key/information.The hotel owned Ferry is scheduled at different times through-out the day and also slightly awkward without knowing that this is the same ferry all staff take to arrive at the island for work. While all staff were very nice to clear a path for us to board first no one really said anything to us so we just kind of followed the pointing and got the hint. The return ferry was a different experience.. knowing protocol, a manager sending us off and having gotten to know some friendly faces.
Resort is beautiful and grand however there is some noticeable wear/aging. Wonderful lush setting with three beaches for all guests to use. Very easy to walk around however there are golf carts that will pick you up.
Public beach: largest, sea lion show, nightly hotel entertainment, lots of beach chairs(but very run down), small huts with local vendors, a walk from main hotel.
Calm beach: very small, crowded, calmest water as it is a protected little cove, close to bar and main pool.
Windy beach: big waves, sort of on a sloping hill.
Pools: 1 quiet, 1 main near beach, 1 jacuzzi, all have lots of shade available, near bars and bathrooms, lounge chairs close together, showing wear with missing and grout stained tiles.
We thought the main buffet and the Don Pablo were amazing. Lots of effort put into presentation endless options and impressive that the menu was constantly changing. However a low spot is the beach/pool lunch buffet. NOT GOOD. Another frustration is you are not able to eat or order food by pool or beaches. We did not like that while the drink service by pool/beach was good, drinks are served in small clear disposable plastic cups.
One major issue we had was with one of the entertainment staff having unprofessional behavior that made us uncomfortable. One day he pulled my husband aside and asked him if he would leave him his sneakers. My husband explained he didn't bring any and was then asked if he would buy him a pair...
While overall we had a wonderful time, there are a few issues that make this resort not what we were looking for when thinking of a 5* -so probably won't return. However would recommend as the location and food were amazing and ultimately we did achieve what we were looking for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 pools 3 Jacuzzis with bar Large sun terrace and gardens with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 1 tennis court Motorised water sports (additional charge) Store Heliport WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) Main buffet-style restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 6 Bars Cocktail Lounge Snack-bar Wedding gazebo Rooms 209 rooms including 5 types Superior, Junior Suite, Superior Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite and Beach Villas. Superior Junior Suites, Deluxe Junior Suites and Beach Villas are larger than the Junior Suite and Superior. Room facilities: King size four poster bed Air conditioning Ceiling fan Sitting area with desk Balcony or terrace Fully-equipped marble bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, separate shower, bidet, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Telephone in bathroom Don Pablo Collection amenities Bathrobe and slippers Radio alarm clock with iPod docking station Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Flat screen satellite TV Safe Mini-bar with alcoholic drinks Wifi Coffee-making facilities Ironing set 24 hour room service Evening downturn service Outdoor Jacuzzi (Deluxe Junior Suites) Butler service Pillow menu Aroma menu Beach Villas: Seafront location with outdoor Jacuzzi, pillow menu available on request, baggage unpacking and ironing service, laundry service (optional) Other services Medical and pharmacy service (additional charge for both) Stores in the hotel Heliport and private boat (available on request for an additional charge) Mainland reception and transfer by boat (included in the booking fee) Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Hotel
- Cayo Levantado Samana
- Cayo Levantado Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado
- Cayo Levantado Hotel Samana