I stayed at this hotel with my husband in July and loved it. The staff are all so good, the rooms are lovely and the location is great.
My only gripe is that Thomson's advertise this hotel as 24 hour all inclusive, but you cannot get a drink between 11pm and 10am unless you walk to the public beach (and that is only open from 11pm-2am) where you can only get local drinks in plastic cups, hardly 5 star.
Apart from that everything is fantastic.
A special mention to go to the following hard working staff who made our holiday truly memorable; Elias Tobia (exceptional service), Deter and Miguel P (Tinie Tempah) in the main restaurant, Virginia in the Lobby Bar (her smile would brighten your day), Raymondo and Eudy in Don Pablo restaurant, Martin at the Beach Bar, Adrianna and Pedro from the Animation Team and Delia that cleaned our room. Plus thank you to all staff behind the scenes that make the gardens look so beautiful.
It is a shame that Thomson's are not flying to Samana next year and are flying to Puerto Plata, adding a three and a half hour transfer onto the journey, this would prevent me from returning to this beautiful piece of Paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 pools 3 Jacuzzis with bar Large sun terrace and gardens with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 1 tennis court Motorised water sports (additional charge) Store Heliport WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) Main buffet-style restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Cocktail Lounge Snack-bar Wedding gazebo Rooms 268 rooms including 5 types Superior, Junior Suite, Superior Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite and Beach Villas. Superior Junior Suites, Deluxe Junior Suites and Beach Villas are larger than the Junior Suite and Superior. Room facilities: King size four poster bed Air conditioning Ceiling fan Sitting area with desk Balcony or terrace Fully-equipped marble bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, separate shower, bidet, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Telephone in bathroom Don Pablo Collection amenities Bathrobe and slippers Radio alarm clock with iPod docking station Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Flat screen satellite TV Safe Mini-bar with alcoholic drinks Wifi (free of charge) Coffee-making facilities Ironing set 24 hour room service Evening downturn service Outdoor Jacuzzi (Deluxe Junior Suites) Butler service Pillow menu Aroma menu Beach Villas: Seafront location with outdoor Jacuzzi, pillow menu available on request, baggage unpacking and ironing service, laundry service (optional) Other services Medical and pharmacy service (additional charge for both) Stores in the hotel Heliport and private boat (available on request for an additional charge) Mainland reception and transfer by boat (included in the booking fee) Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Hotel
- Cayo Levantado Samana
- Cayo Levantado Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado
- Cayo Levantado Hotel Samana