This was our first trip to Cayo Leventado and we loved it. We have stayed at Bahia Principe Akumal five times and always thought it was the greatest place on earth. Last October, our son stayed at Bahia Cayo Levantado and decided he would give us a week long vacation there as a Christmas present... WOW!!
My son, wife and I really enjoyed everything. We stayed in Villa 3 and our rooms overlooked the beach. Our first day there we were lucky enough to view from our balcony, several humpback whales spraying and jumping off in the distance.
When we first arrived we're we given the traditional welcoming cocktail and taken to our villa. They had arranged dinners at Don Pablo's and Portafina's. We ate our first dinner Don Pablo's and it was wonderful, as always. We actually cancelled the Portafino's dinner reservation. We could have eaten at one of the restaurants ever night, but because the food at the main buffet was alway so good we choose to always eat at the buffets. For lunch we always at the snack bar... again the food was always very good. We ate breakfast twice at the main buffet and all the rest of the time had room service bring breakfast to our balcony so we could watch enjoy the wonderful view while having relaxing.
My wife had a wonderful hot bath drawn one night. It was very nice. They had approximately 8 candles and beautiful flowers all around the hot, foamy bath.
Service was alway quick and the staff was great. We did tip as we always have. The maid received $10 per day, mini bar $3, bar staff $1 per drink, cart drivers $3-$5 per trip. I even tipped the person cleaning the restroom at the snack bar a few dollars ever couple days.
We packed an extra suitcase full of nothing but coloring books, crayons, puzzles, etc. and gave it all to the maid to take to children near where she lived. It did not cost too much, but we are sure it brought some joy to the local children.
I would like to thank Alexis, Calix, Sonny, Joel, Angel, Janett, Martin, Danial and all the rest who worked had to make our stay so great.
Would we go back.... You can count on it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 pools 3 Jacuzzis with bar Large sun terrace and gardens with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 1 tennis court Motorised water sports (additional charge) Store Heliport WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) Main buffet-style restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Cocktail Lounge Snack-bar Wedding gazebo Rooms 268 rooms including 5 types Superior, Junior Suite, Superior Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite and Beach Villas. Superior Junior Suites, Deluxe Junior Suites and Beach Villas are larger than the Junior Suite and Superior. Room facilities: King size four poster bed Air conditioning Ceiling fan Sitting area with desk Balcony or terrace Fully-equipped marble bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, separate shower, bidet, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Telephone in bathroom Don Pablo Collection amenities Bathrobe and slippers Radio alarm clock with iPod docking station Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Flat screen satellite TV Safe Mini-bar with alcoholic drinks Wifi Coffee-making facilities Ironing set 24 hour room service Evening downturn service Outdoor Jacuzzi (Deluxe Junior Suites) Butler service Pillow menu Aroma menu Beach Villas: Seafront location with outdoor Jacuzzi, pillow menu available on request, baggage unpacking and ironing service, laundry service (optional) Other services Medical and pharmacy service (additional charge for both) Stores in the hotel Heliport and private boat (available on request for an additional charge) Mainland reception and transfer by boat (included in the booking fee) Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Hotel
- Cayo Levantado Samana
- Cayo Levantado Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado
- Cayo Levantado Hotel Samana