“Awesome Vacation!”

Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa
Ranked #63 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This was our first trip to the DR. We traveled from March 24 to March 29. We opted to stay here despite some of the negative reviews. Other than the first day not having any face towels, it was a dream vacation! The food on all the buffets and in restaurants was very good. The Garden Grill was by far the best. I did wonder why we could not get reservations for our Ala Carte choices when the ones we did get, the restaurants were mostly empty.
The Premier Lobby and Pool area is absolutely beautiful and Albert & Lemuel, the swim up pool bar -tenders were very friendy and posed for pictures when asked.
Language could be a barrier but you quickly learned a few spanish words to get your point across- that is with everyone other than the reception desk folks who spoke good english.
The beach area was beautiful. The vendors can be pushy but if you say "No Gracias" they moved on. Unless of course you were interested, then bargaining is expected and accepted.
The resort is huge! Beautiful grounds, workers were always pruning, picking up and trimming.
The Tram comes around often and was never too full. We did have a hard time finding a tram at the Premier Lobby to take us to the main lobby to catch the next tram to the beach..
The only entertainment we took in was the Michael Jackson show- very well done!!
I would come back to this resort but stay in the Adults only section as there were many children in the Premier section. I have children so that wasn't the issue, but getting away to relax with no children was my goal.
Oh, let me not forget, the beds in this section were very firm! I much prefer a softer bed and better quality bed lines/duvets.
With that said, all the people posting negative comments about this resort, must be very hard to please.
Take a chance! Go! You will not regret the money spent!

Room Tip: Rooms further away from pools and entertainment will be quiet obviously. We had a quiet room in buil...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BeachBum201461
socialmedia b, Customer service at Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear client,

We feel proud to know that you enjoyed an awesome time and it was a dream vacation for you. We greatly appreciate that you have chosen our Resort as your first trip to Dominican Republic, and you were very satisfied with the experience despite some negative reviews you have read.

Thank you for recommend us to other reviewers!!!

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels for your holidays in the Dominican Republic.

There are newer reviews for Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa

Reviewed April 22, 2014

It was a wonderful and exciting experience in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. The Grand Bahia Principe Premier is a beautiful and relaxing resort. My recommendation for this resort is a great choose. Ssssss ssssssss sssssssss beautiful and relaxing experiences.

Room Tip: It was a wonderful experience.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
socialmedia b, Customer service at Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear client,

It is a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful and exciting experience at Grand Bahia Principe Premier.

Thank you for your comments and looking forward to see you very soon!!!

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

First off I would have to dsy after reading some of the recent reviews I'm not sure we stayed at the same resort.

My husband, myself with our 7 year old son stayed at the grand bahia bavaro club premier section from April 6-16th. By far our family had the best holiday we could of ever asked for. From the moment we arrived until we left everything was perfect.

Room:
We stayed in villa 48 which is close to the waterpark and also a pool, snack bar and buffet. Our room was spacious, bright, cool and most importantly very clean. You get a different maid everyday but our room was always cleaned and our bar fridge was restocked everyday.

Resort:
Yes it's huge but there are trolleys that run all the time and can get u where u want to be rather quickly. The grounds are well manicured and stunning. Not once did I see a piece of garbage or a cigarette butt on the ground. The grounds staff work very hard to make sure the resort is kept clean.

Food:
In one word delicious. We stayed for 10 nights so we got 6 specialty dinners. All of them were amazing and the staff made it so much fun playing around with our son. We tried the garden grill twice, French, Italian, BBQ on the beach and the Mediterranean. Our personal family favorite was the French and they made it extra special as it was our wedding anniversary. They delivered the best chocolate cake to our table we have ever tasted. Thank you so much for making our wedding anniversary one we won't forget.

Pool/Waterpark/Beach:
Awesome. Our son loved the waterpark and we loved watching him with a constant smile having so much fun. The pool in the club premier section was never really busy and we never had an issue getting a lounger in the shade. There's also a swim up bar there and the bar tenders always had a smile and friendly attitude when they served us. Now for my favorite section the beach. It's very clean, very little seaweed, beautiful turquoise water and the sand felt amazing between your toes. Not once were we hounded by the vendors who sell there things on the beach.

Overall it was an amazing family holiday. From the moment we arrived until we left we were treated with respect and exceptional customer service. We honestly couldn't of asked for a better 10 days. I have to say a big Thank you to Elna in the guest service department for your lovely smile and making our family feel so welcome.
This may of been our first time to punta Cana and our first time staying at a gran bahia but I can reassure you it won't be our last. We are already planning returning next year.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank JanetSaunders_10

Dear Janet,

It is a pleasure to read that you had an amazing time, thanks to the delicious food, spacious room and awesome beach and pool.

We are glad to read that your son enjoyed so much the Water Park. Thank you for this wonderful comment and we feel happy to know that you spend 10 fabulous days with your family at Grand Bahia Principe Premier.

We want to see you here next year to enjoy another family holidays with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Went there September 2012 had a great time the shows and casino are great many big nearby hotels like the hard rock where you can go out for a show or just To gamble. The hotel is really clean and food is great the staff is simply incredible . Would recommend any time

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 566elt
socialmedia b, Customer service at Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear client,

Thank you for your comments and we are already waiting for you to provide you another great vacation. Thank you for recommending us at any time.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Amazing ambiance, friendly staff, relaxing accommodations, wide variety of food and drinks, very clean and efficient staff. If you want to dine in specialty restaurant book reservations ASAP gets full

Room Tip: Look for a room with good air-condition and large pillows.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CoolPrada
socialmedia b, Customer service at Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear client,

We are happy to read that your holiday was beyond your expectations thanks to the amazing ambience, friendly staff and the variety of food. We really appreciate your feedback.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels in Punta Cana.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Room:

Resort:

Food:

Pool/Waterpark/Beach:

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank JanetSaunders_10

Dear Janet,

It is a pleasure to read that you had an amazing time, surpassing your expectations based on other reviews.

We would like to thank you for sharing your awesome experience and for visiting us with your family. We are glad to read that your family and your son enjoyed our Water Park and had so much fun, delicious food and your clean and cool room.

We want to see you soon to enjoy another family holidays with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Just returned from a 5 night stay at this property. We had a marvelous time and had no issues with check in/out, room cleanliness and amenities, property cleanliness or really anything. My only negative with the place was it's size, it is simply gargantuan. It is so big that they offer continuous tram service throughout. They offer enough pools, bars, buffets, etc. to accommodate everyone but the problem is that the property has minimal beach front so the area extends back from the beach. The whole place is comprised of five resorts; Punta Cana, Bavaro, Bavaro Premier, Ambar and Esmeralda (the latter two being their 5* luxury areas). Here are my opinions:
1. Resort: I booked the Bavaro resort and was put into a room in the Premier area which is on the back side of the property and furthest from the beach. Walking at a brisk pace was 20 minutes to the beach and taking the tram took about 12-18 minutes based on how long I had to wait for the tram. (point to consider - if you get to the beach and forget something in the room you will be gone at least 45 minutes if you stay where I did). I booked through a major credit card travel agency and no where in my reservation was it mentioned that I would be in the Premier area so I was happy I wouldn't be on the back side of the property. Maybe for the first time in my life I wished I wouldn't have received an upgrade!! It was located very near the kids water park (which is fantastic by the way), mini golf and playground so my 6 year old was very, very happy. My room was less than a 5 minute walk to the buffet restaurant and nearest pool. We hung at the beach for most of the day though and it was packed with chairs and plenty of shade. The two big common area pools located beach side were excellent. My room offered two beds and a separate couch for sleeping as well. TV with multi lingual channels, stocked refrigerator, coffee maker, lovely bathroom and a small outside porch were all great. The property was simply immaculate and very well maintained too. I read and saw where the in room safe was $4/day but mine worked just fine without paying anything.
2. Buffets - It is important to note that you must eat in the buffet in your respective resort for breakfast and dinner. I never understand the people who complain about the food at these places because so much is offered that it simply can't all be bad. I thought the food was good but nothing to rave about. Some of the dishes where delicious but some were just not that good (strangely enough we couldn't find a fish dish that tasted good). Huge variety of anything and everything and all the meals. Lunch at the pool and beach side places were good with a full offering of hot dishes, sandwiches, hot dogs, burgers and salads. I wish I could have had a breakfast outside by the beach but that is not offered.
3. Bars - I don't drink so can't comment on the quality there. Based on the number of people in all the bars though and the loudness of them I can surmise there might not be any problem with alcohol content.
4. Sit down restaurants - I don't go to these places as it requires too much organization on a vacation where I don't want to set time appointments. Besides, why would I think a Japanese, BBQ or Italian restaurant in a DR resort would be top notch?
5. Activities - Kids areas were fantastic and something that is lacking in other resorts. I do feel that the resort could have done a better job with providing daily activities and making them better known. No where was there the proverbial chalk board with what is going on for the day. Nightly shows were the epitome of "cheesy" but were enjoyable.
6. Internet - One hour a day in the lobby is free. $49 for the week, $8 for an hour or $15 for 12 hours. I did notice that there was wifi everywhere on the property so if you need it, do the weekly thing. Gobecon offers a weekly rate of $29 but was all sold out for my time period.
7. Chair availability - This is a problem. While I despise the people who reserve the chairs with towels I had to make a choice of either not getting one or giving in and doing what I despise. If you can't fight 'em, join 'em so being an early riser I had a great 40 minute walk every morning and was on the beach by 7am. A lot of chairs already reserved by this time but I was able to get good spots on the beach and near the pool.

The only reason I gave this place a VG was due to it's size, activity offerings and making them known. Excellent ratings for the pools, employees, resort cleanliness and rooms. I do have to admit that I am an avid walker so I only gained 2 pounds on this trip because of how much I had to walk. All in all, I could have spent a lot more money elsewhere and probably been disappointed. I recommend it but likely will not go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank AirTrafficMan
socialmedia b, Customer service at Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear client,

We appreciate that you take the time to send us your comments regarding your experience during your recent stay with us and we feel good that you spend a marvelous time with no issues. Please allow us to inform you that despite the size of our Resort, appropriate measures have been taken in order to ensure guest satisfaction and expected quality of each of our services.

I would like to have the opportunity to welcome and provide you once again a great stay.

Best regards,

Alsol Luxury Village
Alsol Luxury Village
#85 of 112 in Punta Cana
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana

Been to Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa? Share your experiences!