Positive comments: self serve beverages (soft drinks, juices, water), good and friendly service, multiple places to grab something to eat during the day, good room service, big room, multiple pools, a lot of people on the resort but ample space (chairs near the pool and by the beach)
Negative comments: multiple restaurants but reservations needed - and options limited to 3 reservations during your stay + restaurants function to a minimum capacity : a lot of empty tables, only using one section of the restaurant versus the whole restaurant, buffet style in some restaurants, food was good at the buffet but lack of variety, significant distance from premier to the beach (need to take a small bus to get to the beach everyday), not eco friendly - using disposable plastic cups in massive quantities, pool area at the premier feels like you're at a pool party at times because it can get crowded (especially with families and children), bedding in the room was clean but old, TV did not work, wifi in the lobby limited to one hour a day.
* good value if you are on a budget during the holidays but would not pay full price for this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 1 Pool 4 Jacuzzis 1 children's pool Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 3 tennis courts, bicycles, football, volleyball, petanque, darts and mini-golf Water activity centre (snorkelling, canoeing, windsurfing, fishing) WiFi access in the lobby (24h free of charge) 1 buffet restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant (exclusive to guests) 5 Bars 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Wedding gazebo Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 502 rooms including three types: Superior Family Junior Suite, Family Master Suite and Premier Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, hair dryer and amenities Sofa-bed Sitting area Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Ironing set Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Balcony or terrace WiFi (additional charge) The Family Junior Suites and Family Master Suites also include: Bath robes and slippers for all the family for use throughout your stay Children's bath kit Welcome basket with sweets Mini-bar for children stocked with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks Two separate and connecting rooms (Master family suite) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 (located in the Grand Bahia Punta Cana hotel) Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teens' Club (11 - 16 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (24h free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (forceliacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BP USA TRAVEL INC, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Premier Hotel Punta Cana