Went 4/6-4/13, direct flight was great, resort was ok.
I asked about an upgrade at checkin, they said they were overbooked, come to find out, the resort took several hundred travelers that came from another resort, the upgrade didnt happen.
Service was decent, except at the front desk, where it was subpar at the "Premier" lobby, Europeans walked right up to the desk, around the line of people infront of them. Maid was slow, ususally room not cleaned until afternoon.
We were placed in the "premier" section, this means that you are further away from the beach, nothing premier about it. you take a shuttle to most places as the resort is so massive (long and narrow).
A la Carte dining, BOOK ALL A LA CARTS AT CHECK IN!! two we went to where VERY good (Il carpaccio and Japanese hibachi) and two (Mediterranean/El Pescador and the Spanish/ El Mason) and were so bad that we didnt eat most of our meals and went to the buffet instead. The buffets were decent, however, the bacon and the hamburgers were floating in grease. not a lot of healty options.
negotiate anything you buy in the stores.
Tips: 1) bring a large insulated cup, less trips to bar and save dozens of small plastic disosable cups. 2) if you want an upgrade, get it when you book the trip, dont wait til you check in, 3) get to the beach/pool early if you need shade, signs say no reserving chairs, but everyone does it anyways, got there by 630 and got shaded seats further back, 4) bring ample sunscreen and aftersun lotion ($25 a bottle on the resort) and protect your eyes (my eyeballs burned from the reflection on the water), 5) ask to book a la cart for the week when you check in, 6) lots of Europeans who cut in line and dont wait and act better than everyone else, like one group who "reserved" seats on the beach the night before with water bottles, which were cleaned up when i got there, so i took the seats in the first row closest to the water, they guilted me into leaving and said they had had been reserving the seats for the past 2 weeks,
ATTN MGT AT BAHIA PRINCIPE BAVAOR:
1) the resort should clear all of the chairs at night, removing place savers such as towels, shirts, etc. so the people who get at the crack of dawn get to choose, first come, first serve.
2) Please find a way to limit people from taking cuts, maybe ropes in the lobby, or ticket system, and add more people to the desk at the premier lobby at peak times, took me almost 30m waiting in line to check out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 1 Pool 4 Jacuzzis 1 children's pool Lounger, sun umbrella and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 3 tennis courts, bicycles, football, volleyball, petanque, darts and mini-golf Water activity centre (snorkelling, canoeing, windsurfing, fishing) WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) 1 buffet restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant (exclusive to guests) 4 Bars 18 hole Punta Blanca Golf Club (additional charge) Wedding gazebo Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, disco and casino Rooms 502 rooms including three types: Superior Family Junior Suite, Family Master Suite and Premier Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, hair dryer and amenities Sofa-bed Sitting area Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Ironing set Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Balcony or terrace WiFi (additional charge) The Family Junior Suites and Family Master Suites also include: Bath robes and slippers for all the family for use throughout your stay Children's bath kit Welcome basket with sweets Mini-bar for children stocked with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks Two separate and connecting rooms (Master family suite) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 (located in the Grand Bahia Punta Cana hotel) Baby Station Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teens' Club (11 - 16 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) WiFi in the lobby (free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Personalised menus (forceliacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Despegar.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Premier Hotel Punta Cana