“Wonderful Trip”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

kellikay2...
Westerville, Ohio
“Wonderful Trip”
Reviewed December 10, 2014 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

My family (my husband and I, two daughters - age 21&23), and my father and his wife) spent 10 days in this 2nd floor condo. The condo is located in the "N" building which is in the middle of the complex. Perfect view of pool and beach. The condo is large and included: 3 beds and 3 baths, nice size family room, patio, air conditioning, washer and dryer, private wifi, cable, tankless hot water and a gas grill. The kitchen was well outfitted for cooking and included a 5 gallon water cooler/dispenser. There is not a dishwasher but we knew that before we booked. Plenty of thick bath towels and beach towels. It was very clean when we arrived and was kept that way by the wonderful maid we hired at a very reasonable price. Liz (rental manager) was fabulous from the first inquiry I sent. She was quick to respond to my numerous questions. She arranged for a private van service (Alex the driver) whenever we needed transportation (airport and trip to Macao beach). It was great to have Liz so close by - she lives in the complex. Whenever I needed something or had a question, I emailed her. Mia the swim up bartender was a joy. Very sweet and aimed to please. Edwar (lives in the complex) arranged for a catamaran excursion to Saona island (absolutely gorgeous) and even joined us for the day and provided transportation and picture taking. There are several nice restaurants close by. We really enjoyed d'angelos pizza, citrus and belicana. The grocery prices are about the same as USA. Restaurants were $10-15 a meal. Very reasonable. There is a small grocery store on premises and is a little pricey but we stocked up mostly at the big grocery store on the way to the condo from the airport (Alex will make a stop for an extra $10). We only used the air conditioning at night. We went over the electricity allowance by about $7 day but that was due to heavy washer and dryer use. We packed light.

I only have a couple of recommendations for the condo which I shared with Liz before I left. The furniture is lovely, but the couch and love seat need thicker cushions. The beds were firm and I recommended foam toppers.

The Dominican people were very nice to us even though we we did not speak Spanish. If they did not speak English, they would find someone who did. They really seemed to care about good service. I encourage you to tip well on your trip. Their wages are extremely low and they work very hard.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
Dec 10, 2014
Hi Kelli
It was an absolute pleasure to have had you guys come stay and to look after you - and we are so happy to read about how much you enjoyed it. And thank you for your suggestions for the condo, that is a very big help to me, with you being the first renters to the condo. I have passed on those points to the owner, and we will be replacing the cushions and locating foam mattress toppers. Look after yourselves, and have a wonderful Christmas and New Year, and I hope to see you next year! Liz x
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing