“Zoetry=Bliss defined”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #2 of 114 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed October 22, 2010

My husband and I did a split stay of Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana and Zoetry for our annual anniversary reconnect time. We stayed five nights at each resort and I will solely elaborate on Zoetry for this review. We are a couple in our late 30's who travel every October to a new 5 star adults only resort. I was concerned that Zoetry allows children but thankfully we had no issues whatsoever. There were two present during our stay but both were extraordinarily quiet.

As noted in many other reviews, Natalia, the general manager is very hospitable and very hands on. She works incredibly long hours and is always onsite to make sure everything is to your liking. We checked in very early (10am) and our room was ready. We stayed in the king swim out suite of room 2 which I loved. We were literally right next to the main convieniences of the resort. This includes the reception area, the coffee bar (say hi to Carmen who does and excellent job), billiards room, computer room, lobby bar, spa, gym, Olena restaurant and Amaya restaurant. We were roughly a 2-3 minute walk to the beach and Indigo restaurant. I didn't mind not being beach front b/c we wanted quiet and privacy which we received. The staff is truly amazing and you really feel as though they truly care about you and the experience you are given. We were able to really get to know them and learn about their families. You don't usually find that with most resorts.

The beach is gorgeous with plenty of palapas to go around. Food and drink service is offered. There is great snorkeling immediately upon entering the water so even if you are not a strong swimmer you can still enjoy it. There is a hobie cat and kayaks for use. Horseback riding is offered three times a week. You need to make a reservation ahead of time. Upon arriving back from your ride, they offer a bottle of rum and a cd with your picture on both for $25. The restaurants all do a great job. Lobster was frequently on the menu at no surcharge. They offer a beach grill night which is a must do. It rivals an elegant outdoor wedding reception. I had room service for breakfast daily and it was always quick and hot. Laundry service is included and we used it three times with no issues. I loved the aspect of free international calls since we had two little ones at home with the grandparents. We saw the helicopter landing on the beach a few times and it was a site. I would absolutely take advantage of that in the future.

The ladies at the spa did an outstanding job. We had massages twice during our stay with a total of 4 different ladies.

We received a lovely surprise of a cake with Happy Anniversary written on it and were seranaded while we ate at Amaya. I'm hard to surprise, but that did the trick.

There are mosquitos present, however, we purchased the deep woods deet at Target and used on one dab on each wrist and ankle per day and had NO BITES. Those that were using the OFF supplied in the room which only has 5% deet where getting bit.
There are plenty of geckos and frogs everywhere so if you have a huge aversion or fear this may not be the place for you but for everyone else the place is truly amazing!

My husband and I both agreed this was the most relaxed we have ever left on vacation and we will return.

Natalia, hope to see you sooner than later!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank slhb
Write a ReviewReviews (4,492)

Reviewed October 13, 2010

My husband and I went here for our honeymoon at the end of September for 7 days. We wanted to give a thorough review on here for anyone planning on going to the Dominican Republic and/or Zoetry Agua.

We could not find any flights into Punta Cana for the day we needed so we flew to Santo Domingo. We had previously booked a ride to the resort through Amstar, which I would highly recommend if you need a ride, and they were there waiting on us as soon as we got off the plane. Two guys had a big sign with our name on it so they were easy to spot. The man who drove spoke little English but the other one spoke very fluent English. It was a nice extended Yukon with leather seats. From Santo Domingo, the drive is about 3 hours so we wanted something comfortable. Let me just say that the way people drive there is not like in America at all. There are no speed limits and they drive much more aggressively. With that said, he was probably a much better driver than anyone in the U.S. as well. It was a nice experience driving through the towns and seeing the sites on the way to the resort.

When we arrived to Zoetry Agua, we were immediately greeted by the staff and welcomed with a flavored ice tea. Everyone was very friendly. As we were being taken to our room, we realized we were being taken upstairs and we had booked a first floor room with a private pool. We were told to hang around in that room for a few minutes while the mix up was looked into. After only waiting for 10 minutes, we were called and told that our room had been double booked. Acknowledging that it was their mistake, we were offered another suite with a private pool. It was not beach front but it was absolutely beautiful. We want to give a huge thanx to Carlos who was so accommodating to make that happen.

The resort itself was the most beautiful resort I have ever seen and was definitely paradise. Every single staff member was very welcoming and friendly. My husband and I know some spanish but there was never a language-barrier issue. In fact, we had more fun having them teach us more spanish. Almost all of the staff members speak enough English to hold a good conversation. Here are other issues other reviewers had mentioned that we wanted to address:

Restaurants:
There are 3 restaurants at Zoetry Agua and 2 are always open for breaklast/lunch/dinner. Our favorite was the one on the beach next to the main pool. We enjoyed the food but by our 5th or 6th day, the choices on the menu became redundant. We also enjoyed the 24 hour room service and used it several times. They are decently prompt with bringing the food to your room and it was always wonderful. The resort is all inclusive but they do appreciate tips.

Mosquitos:
We did not encounter too much of a problem with mosquitos. The only night they seemed to be bad were right after it had rained and we were eating dinner outside at one of the restaurants. Other than that, we never had to use the Off spray they supply in the rooms.

Air-Conditioning:
We honestly did not have any problems with the air. We noticed that it would never get as low as we set it but it was always extremely comfortable. Stayed around 72 degrees F.

Pros:
* The resort is absolutely beautiful. It was very relaxing. The resort blended in well with all the nature.
* Everyone was beyond helpful and friendly. Always smiling.
* Even though the resort was at 60% capacity when we arrived, there was plenty of space for everyone around the resort. There was never a problem with getting chairs or a hammock on the beach (which was my favorite).
* The beach rental equipment was readily available and had unlimited use. We did not think it was available because nobody was using it until we asked. The 2 person kayak was great!
* The horse back riding on the beach was great! It's free for a 1 time (unless you pay more) 40 min tour with about 8 couples. If you want to do this, make sure you book a class as soon as you get there because they fill up quick! The horses are not quite as big as American horses and some could have been considered underweight but most were plenty healthy for riders.
* The beach was breath taking and always clean around the resort. (If you walk way down the beach away from the resort that changes).
* We never did use the spa but heard it was wonderful.

Cons:
* Food was excellent and cooked to perfection, but the menu could change every couple days to give some variety. (however we don't eat seafood either.)
* Our private pool was great but it would not stay filled like the other private pools on the beach did. The beach private pools seemed to be more taken care of. (Maybe because they were seen easier.) We had to call several times to have someone come check our pool. They finally got it to where it would not constantly drain on the last day we were there.
* The nature part of the resort is beautiful but remember there are some loud creatures at night.

Overall, we had an excellent honeymoon! The little kinks will get better with time since this is still a very new resort but we would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a relaxing vacation.

A few shout outs to some of our favorite staff members who made our trip very memorable: Carlos who worked at the front desk and always made sure we were happy, Alejandra who worked in the restaurants and always greeted us with a huge smile, and Kenny the bartender who made the best drinks (amazing fruit punch).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rabrown0910
Reviewed October 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Zoetry for our honeymoon at the end of September. We picked it because of its small size and excellent reviews. We stayed in a beach front, second level room and it was amazing. Overall we absolutely loved our honeymoon but there were some things that we felt needed to be noted and the good definitely overweighed the bad.

The Good:
Carlos greeted us at the front desk with a smile and true hospitality. He showed us around the beautiful resort and got us settled into our room. That is one of the many areas that this resort excels in: customer service. My husband and I felt like family and we really loved all the employees at this resort. Most of the time we felt like the only couple at the resort and that was very nice and relaxing.
The food was out of this world!! Everything we had was delicious. All three restaurants and room service had great food and great service (most notable Jordana). We really enjoyed the Coco cafe as well.
Our room was beautiful and the bed was very comfortable. We had nothing to complain about there at all.
Our mini fridge was stocked and our room was cleaned daily to our liking.
The beach was well maintained and there were always plenty of chairs, towels and wonderful servers bringing whatever you wanted to drink.

The bad:
After all of the great reviews my husband and I were really looking forward to meeting Natalia, however we only exchanged passing pleasantries as she seemed really busy.
Since it was the rainy season, it rained three out of five days on our trip (not the resorts fault) but we sometimes found ourselves slightly board. We wanted to swim in the pools and snorkel and go horseback riding, but we didn't get to do any of those things.
Because of all of the rain and collected groundwater our toilet backed up and our bathroom smelled HORRIBLE. We opened the window and kept that door shut. We did tell the front desk, but I'm sure there just wasn't much they could do about it.
Also, during really hard rain our thatched roof would leak. This wasn't annoying unless we were trying to sleep and there was constant dripping.
There was some construction on the decks for the second story rooms’ right outside our room during the day. This did not go on early in the morning or late at night, but we did often want to take an afternoon nap and found the hammering to be annoying.
Now, I blame the travel agent for this not Zoetry, but we came down with the impression we were getting a 200 dollar spa credit and that was not the case. We got a booklet of a couple of coupons for various things that couldn't be used at the same time, etc, etc. We ended up not taking advantage of any of those coupons.
The bugs were the absolute worst part of the trip. I am from the south and deal with mosquitoes all the time, but I came home looking like I had the Measles. It really was just about unbearable.

I know it seams like a lot of bad, but my husband and I really did enjoy our stay at Zoetry and felt like if we had hit it at another time not during the rainy season, many of our gripes would have been non existent. If you like a quiet resort with superior customer service then this is the perfect place for you. I am confidant that Zoetry is unmatched in many areas including customer service, fine dining and the Zen atmosphere of their resort. We hope to make it back in the future.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
ZoetryAguaGM, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2010

Dear guest,

Thank you for posting you review and sharing your experience at Zoetry Agua. I am glad you had so many positive things to say about the resort and that you had such a great time.

About the not so positive, I am sorry that the weather did not cooperate through out your stay and the inconveniences it imposed on both your room and the activities. What you perceived as "construction" was actually the repairs for the damages the rain caused in our walkways, we did however arrange for their working schedule to be as little invasive as possible. Please accept our apologies for the disturbance it caused, but it is mainly a security issue which is for us a great priority.
As for the mosquitoes, we are doing our best to keep them controlled during rainy-season when they are at their peak, we invenst not only economical resources but work closely with a specialist that is helping us reduce their impact.

I am sorry we did not get to meet personally, I do my best to keep up meeting and spending time with all guests. However, as flattered as I am to have you look forward to meet in person, you actually did "meet me" as I am everywhere: in the staff you enjoyed so much, in the food you found to be delicious, in the attention to detail in your room, in the relaxed atmosphere and your feeling of being "at home" amongst friends.

We would really like to welcome you back, with lots of sunshine!! Please, do not hesitate to contact me directly at info.zoapc@zoetryresorts.com if I can be of assistance in organizing a return trip and giving you compensation for any of the inconveniences you encountered.

All our best regards,
Natalia Redondo

Reviewed October 12, 2010

We were so happy to go to a place better than described. If you are in a relationship and you are very happy with your partner, this is the place for you. We loved every minute of it and would rather be there than our own home. The staff was always extremely positive and went out of their way to accommodate all of our needs. We left our safe open one night, housekeeping contacted security immediately, they closed the safe...........opening it in front of us and waited until all was accounted for.......awesome job! The room was like a five star tree house...all modern conveniences including 110 volt service...we loved it, even had Champagne on the way out the door into the taxi. Received daily news letter with events....we called it tree mail. Thatch roof rocks. The beach was extremely clean, even had a guy (Papa) whose only job is to maintain the beach. We had a very relaxing and awesome time, cannot wait to go back. Sipping drinks on the beach under the thatch umbrellas.......finally remembered how to relax. We love all the staff.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Zoetry Agua for 9 nights for our honeymoon this past summer. Overall, we were incredibly impressed with the resort.

The size of the resort and limited number of rooms provided for superb service. Every staff member knew our names and made a point to say hello to us. You had the chance to get to know other guests if you wanted to, but it wasn't forced.

Zoetry offers activities for those who are interested, but there was no pressure. We particularly enjoyed the wine tasting, rum tasting, and cigar rolling workshop.

Other Pros: Really great food, best we've had at an all-inclusive ; large rooms ; swimmable beach ; not many kids ; quiet & relaxing ; romantic ; great pool

Con: mosquitos. Be sure to bring heavy duty bug spray. They provided bug spray, but it didn't always do the trick for us.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank courtney_meinen
Reviewed October 10, 2010

What a beautiful country and people. My husband and I had a wonderful time in the D.R. at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana. The staff were so caring and polite. They made us feel right at home the minute we arrived. The resort was so well taken care of, the food out of this world, and we miss all the employees there.
I would highly recommend this resort to anyone looking to go somewhere to relax and be well taken care of.

Heather Allen
Indiana USA

Reviewed October 4, 2010

My wife and I chose Zoetry for our honeymoon based on other reviews and the size of the resort (small). For us being in a place that was beautiful, quiet and moved along at "island time" was perfect. I can't say enough for the staff, they would do anything to make your stay perfect they just want you to be happy. The food was excellent at all 3 restaurants and you could get room service at anytime, but you will soon realize you would rather be at the restaurants with the staff who are like family by the end of the week. Best thing for me was the quaint size no reservations for meals, no fighting to get a seat at the beach, and no pressure to feel like you should be doing anything but relaxing and enjoying your stay. If you are looking for a fast paced party resort then no Zoetry is not for you, but if you want a top notch relaxation and romantic trip it is perfect. We will be going back on our anniversary for years to come.

2  Thank MTamm