15 people are viewing this hotel
$677
Free cancellation until 12/15/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$575
Trip.com
$385
Priceline$677
Hotels.com$575
Lol.travel$698
6,173 results
All reviews amaya restaurant horseback riding room service dominican breakfast laundry service our honeymoon personal butler lobby bar bug spray quiet resort relaxing vacation plunge pool ocean front welcome home special dinner spa treatments couples massage
Selected filters
Reviewed September 2, 2019

Our trip to the DR began at Secrets Cap Cana, which was so incredible, I wasn't sure anything could match up. Our drive in was a little rainy, but it was perfect for settling into our room and not feeling like were missing out on the sun. This resort is quiet, beautiful and elegantly rustic. The rooms all feel like a little oasis from the world. We booked a swim out suite, but were upgraded to an ocean front room overlooking the incoming waves- the perfect place to enjoy champagne at the end of the day. The spa is luxurious and exotic- my husband went twice! Doris was magical. Harlem at the pool bar was a fantastic host and made sure we were never out of sparkling rose wine. Our concierge, Wilne, was gracious and kind and made sure were well taken care of every day, including surprising us with a traditional Dominican lunch that was delicious! We also met Robinson, the resort's sommelier, that prepared a lovely, bespoke evening in the wine room for us and made sure we had the perfect wine the next night to go with our lobster tails. While quieter than the 1st 6 nights of our trip, staying at Zoetry Agua was the perfect way to unwind 9 days in paradise. This was our 2nd trip to this island country and we cannot recommend the DR enough. Please go and see for yourselves what we are raving about. You will not be disappointed.

3  Thank stacyandrick
zoapc, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2019

Dear stacyandrick,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, it is a pleasure to know how much you have been enjoying our Paradise on earth.

We can´t be any happier after reading your wonderful review and learning from it, that you have been living a memorable experience just as we planned and worked for. Thank you so much for letting us know about it.

For every member of our resort, it will always be a pleasure to make sure that our visitors have a pleasant and wonderful holidays. So glad to know how much you enjoyed.

We hope to see you very often in this your Home.

Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

I decided on this resort for our mother daughter trip because it was small (I hate big resorts) and vegan friendly. The resort property is big but with less then 100 rooms that were only at 30% capacity, it’s like we had the resort to ourselves...we felt that like were the only ones at the beach, the pool, the spa, the restaurants, our very own private oasis :)

The grounds were beautiful and very clean. Our garden view room was spacious and had everything we needed and more. We loved the infinity pool and the beach was beautiful, some days better then others depending on how much seaweed had come in that day or how strong the current was.

Service was fantastic. Everyone was very friendly, professional, and just wanted you to be happy. The employees at Amaya in the mornings (the girl that greeted us at the door, the girl that brought our mango smoothies, and the gentleman that brought our food) were such a pleasant way to start our day. I told them I wanted to eat vegan Dominican food and they made sure it was made the next day. I mentioned to our concierge, Carlos, that the trip was in celebration of my daughter’s graduation and a special cake was delivered to our room. Thank you :)

We are both vegan and we had lots to eat and enjoyed the food. We liked how the food was fresh, light, and healthy, what you would expect at a wellness resort. To make it even better for vegans I suggest you add more options to the menu. We loved the avocado toast for breakfast but it would have been nice to have another option too so we didn’t eat the same thing everyday. Dinner at Olena (Italian) was our favourite. Vegan option at the Mediterranean restaurant was pasta, would have been nice to have something different as we had already had pasta at the Italian restaurant. Please add some vegan desserts to all menus. The coffee shop was very nice and we were happy they had vegan milk, the desserts looked so good but none were vegan, please have a few vegan desserts. Veggie sushi and fresh fruit drinks by the pool were the best!

We really enjoyed the wellness aspect of the resort. I did yoga, meditation, stretching and spent a lot of time in the spa’s hydro circuit. Yoga on the beach was wonderful and the instructor was a pleasure to meet. The young guy I did the stretching class with was awesome. He guided me through the best stretch I’ve ever done and felt great for days!

We loved our time at Zoetry. Couldn’t have picked a better place for my daughter and I to have our special trip together. We hope to return soon. Thank you Zoetry for a wonderful time.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank GigiaB
zoapc, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2019

Dear Dance M,

I would like to thank you for letting us know about your relaxing experience with us. We are full of happiness to know that our Zoëtry Agua pleased you. Thank you for those nice words upon our staff, I will make sure they hear about it.

We have chosen to make the hotel small and intimate for you to feel comfortable and home away from home, accommodating your vegan preferences.

We are so glad that our exemplary staff, our heavenly surroundings and our unique facilities made your experience unforgettable. We won’t miss to congratulate Carlos and the staff at Amaya for their professionalism and attention to details, we will transmit your lovely comments.

Again thank you for your comments, we are looking forward to welcoming you soon!

Reviewed September 1, 2019

We went to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana to celebrate our 39th anniversary. We were treated as the King and Queen of the resort! Our experience was amazing and we are planning to go back with our family. At our arrival to the resort all the personnel at the reception make us feel like home. They surprised us with an anniversary cake in our room. Maximo the chef indulged us with the most delicious Caribbean food ever. Our concierge Diomedes always was very attentive and friendly. Santa, the pastry chef prepared delicious pastry for us. The ladies at the spa were very professional and gentle. Shedrac at the Piragua restaurant decorated our dinner table very nicely to celebrate our anniversary. Miguel the supervisor, Victor, Maritza at the Coco cafe, Junilsa, Ambrioris, Wilkins, Jessica and many others employees provided us with the most professional and friendly service. The way all the people at the resort treated us were beyond our expectations.

Room tip: Our first floor suite in front of the swimming pool was perfect!
2  Thank Rejoshely

Dear Rejoshely,

I would like to thank you for the time you have taken to share your feedback in regards to your experience at our Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana.

I will personally extend your comments to our entire staff, which is a great motivation for all of them to continue to offer their best services.

We are really glad that you enjoyed our facilities so much, especially for such a special occasion as your 39 Anniversary is. If we were able to fulfill your expectations as much as you highlight, we are complete.

Thanks once more for sharing your wonderful comments with us.

We would love to have you back again to our premises.

Reviewed August 29, 2019

I put off writing this review but as I was looking at resorts for our next upcoming vacation, I realized I read a lot of the reviews and figured I was doing others a disservice not sharing our experience.

We went to this resort in November 2018. The resort is quiet and rather quaint. The photos on the website are certainly showing their best angles if you know what I mean. While our room was nicely appointed upon arrival, the amenities outside of the shampoo and conditioner were not replenished. We had to continuously ask for body wash. And the in room dining menu was limited.

They were also rethatching the roof of the building our room was in. We opted for the oceanfront suites because we wanted the convenience of being able to walk out onto the beach and the noise of the ocean but unfortunately for the first 3 days the sidewalks were covered in palm fronds and we heard entirely too much banging.

The bugs are the resort are very bad. Thankfully we brought our own bug spray from home. They provide a small bottle in your room when you first arrive but based on the bug bites covering other guests, I’m assuming it wasn’t very effective.

We also had ants in our room that got into all of our toiletry bags. After making staff aware of the issue, they told us they fumigated the room but that didn’t stop them from coming back. We did however find a dead cockroach in the middle of the room, so at least it took care of that little guy.

The resort advertises having 4 restaurants - which were never all open at the same time. Not that it mattered, because they all had the same menu with the exception of dinner. They literally carry the same menus from one restuarant to the next. The food was fine, but lacked variety and after a few days we were pretty tired of what was being offered. They alternated which restaurants were open and so they only had one open for dinner every night. We waited at least 45 minutes for a table at almost every dinner. If the resort is unable to accomodate all of the guests, and don’t take reservations, they probably need to make the others available.

The “coffee shop” is not a real coffee shop. They have a coffee machine where you hit a button and a latte or espresso is dispensed. No fresh beans or customized orders.

I got sick during the stay. Bad bout of #poopacana (which seems to be a very common thing there) and my husband got a bad rash on his neck that were still not sure where it came from. While our butler was willing to help us with finding medicine, peptobismol and Imodium had to be purchased at the boutique. And since they didn’t have hydrocortisone for my husbands rash at the resort, it had to be delivered from a pharmacy 30 minutes away and we were charged $39 for the small tube. Any other 5 star hotel we’ve stayed at has all those items at the front desk and willingly delivers them to guests free of charge.

Beach service was pretty non existent. We saw someone taking orders about 3 times during a whole day at the beach. We ended up getting up and walking to the bar every time we wanted a drink or something to eat.

Don’t even get me started on the unlimited vacations presentation. If you take nothing away from this and still decide to vacation here - AVOID THE UNLIMITED VACATION PRESENTATION! JUST SAY NO! While the representative we were paired with was very friendly and personable, it was certainly not how we wanted to spend half of one of our days on vacation. We were told we just had to sit through a 45 min presentation during breakfast and we would get a free spa credit. Figured why not? But it became a very slippery slope. They are clearly trained how to ignore your No’s and to rebuke all your efforts to tell them its not for you. After breakfast we were coerced into going into their room to see their customized packages where we proceeded to spend the next few hours. They were popping champagne every 15-20 minutes congratulating new couples and families on purchasing their vacation packages. Now, their were far more people in this room popping champagne than their were ever in the restaurants and with it being a relatively small resort we saw a lot of familiar faces during meal times. After our time in that room, we never saw any of those guests at the resort. I feel like they may have been paying locals to act like they were buying into the packages to make them seem more legitimate. Just don’t!

We enjoyed the yoga instructor and the small classes in their beach pavilion. She was knowleable and charming... but there were a couple times the instructor never showed for the scheduled class times. Dissapointing when you plan your days around a schedule of activities you would like to do.

We did spend a day at the spa getting several services that were all wonderful. The women working in there were delightful and the experience was very relaxing and rejuvenating.

While most of the staff seemed untrained to be working at a luxury establishment I have to mention the names of the staff who were wonderful and very pleasant. big thanks to Yessica, Jenny, Victor, Marcelo, Harlet, and everyone working in the spa.

Bottom line, this resort is not worth the price tag. And we’ve stayed in quite a few beautiful, high-end, luxury resorts.

Date of stay: November 2018
3  Thank AForsythe11

Dear AForsythe11,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay; we greatly appreciate your comments about our services because they will help us to improve in general.

I would like to start by offering you our sincerest apologies for any disappointment encountered with our services. We truly strive to offer memorable experiences for every guest, so it is a huge concern for us to know that we couldn´t get it with your experience in particular.

I´m so sorry and kindly reiterate our apologies for the challenges you may have had with the food and service. I took note for your remarks about wrong orders. we will enforce our team on this sense in order to avoid any similar occurrences. We would have loved to know about this before, so that we could have taken the proper measures while on sit.

Concerning the replenishment of the amenities of your room, our rooms are supervised by the maids and mini bar daily 2 & 3 times as part of our standards. Unless you have the do not disturb on the door, both departments should check the rooms daily as mentioned above. I´m checking with my team how we can make improvement of this and to avoid similar cases.

In terms of the variety of the food, the lunch menu rotates very often and we have a daily special apart from the menu; for dinner each restaurant has its own menu, besides the Chef's special themed menu that rotates every night. My sincere apologies for not having fulfilled your expectations. I have of course passed on your comments to our Executive Chef who will take all the appropriate measures and will implement new changes to the menu.

As far as the sickness, we deeply regret any stress it may have caused you having upset stomach and allergy, we know how difficult it is to have health issues especially during your holidays and we offered assistance while on property. It is also important to highlight that we make sure to follow all the quality standards concerning the food and beverages that our guests consume, as well as the quality of our grounds. To guarantee this, we have an internal quality team that strictly follows the procedures and we are also audited by different international quality companies that certify we follow and meet all the standards. Also, I’m sure you understand there are so many aspects that could affect someone which does not necessarily has to do with the quality of facility, may react different to certain environments.

On the behalf of the entire team I would like to offer you our sincerest apologies for any issue occurred during your holidays. I guarantee you that each one of the points raised in your review are addressed.

Thanks once more for everything, we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed August 25, 2019

Absolutely one of the best vacations in the world. Came to celebrate my sister's birthday and we arrived to our room with delicious fruits, ballons and champagne all prepared my our butler (yes, that is right our personal butler). The hotel was gorgeous and gave such a relaxing natural feel. Everywhere you went there was such a calm, and peaceful feeling; the staff were provided excellent service, super helpful, friendly, and truly made you feel valued. Enjoyed every aspect of our vacation, we were able to have morning yoga, aeroyoga, horseback riding, excellent spa services, canvas painting on the beach, sushi making classes, delicious resturants, and so much more.

Room tip: Partial Ocean View, Junior Suite
3  Thank ladyc_es
zoapc, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2019

Dear ladyc_es,

I just want to say how much we appreciate your wonderful review. Thank you so much for your time and visit.

We also loved having you as our guest and be part of your sister´s birthday. You can´t imagine all the joy you bring us by letting us know how much you enjoyed our services and the little details that we did to surprise you.

Please consider this as your Home in Punta Cana, we will always be delighted to welcome you and to offer you our best attentions.