“Perfect Place for a Relaxed Vacation”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #3 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
Dallas, Texas
“Perfect Place for a Relaxed Vacation”
Reviewed June 11, 2010

First let's start with the people who worked there at all levels from managment to the groundskeepers everyone was incredible! Second, the food and lodging was great. I Literally spent the days at the pool, in the spa, or on the beach and the biggest decisions I had to make was what to eat. It was a great get away.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank jcockrum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (884)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 7, 2010

My husband chose this resort for our hooneymoon and I am so glad I left that part of the wedding planning up to him. Zoetry Aqua was the most beautiful place I have ever seen. The grounds were just beautiful and constantly being mantained. The staff and food was amazing. The service was impeccable, from the the General Manager Natalia to the young ladies that cleaned our room. I do however have to mention a few of the staff that made our stay at Zoetry Aqua even more pleasurable Martina, Greforio, Jordani, Juan, Enrigue, and Manny, They are great at what they do. Now I must mention 3 more that absolutely need to be recognized for they're work. The Food and Beverage Manager Amniori, the head waiter Patricio and the bartender in Indigo Jolini. I am a restaurant Manager and I have to say I am jealous, I wish I had the 3 of them on my staff, they truly are the best I have ever encountered. Thumbs up to Natalia and her staff! We will be back!!!!!!! And I can't wait!!!!!

1 Thank nwaldron1
ZoetryAguaGM, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, June 20, 2010
Dear guest,

Just wanted to drop you off a thank you note for taking the time to post your amazing review, it means a lot to us.

From Ambiorx, Patricio and Jordany a big thank you for your comment on them.

From all of us a big hug and a hope to see you again very soon!

Best regards,

Natalia
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 7, 2010

It is worth every cent. Slept better than I do in my own bed. Place was immaculately clean. Service great- they aim to please. Speaking English is ok, though it is polite to try some conversational Spanish at least. Lounge chairs have nice cushy pads. Plenty of palapalas for everyone. Can't say enough nice things- I'm sure I'm leaving out important things.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
LeClaire, Iowa
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I have never written a review or testimonial for anything before, but I felt this one was too important to keep to myself. My recent business trip to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana was absolutely a life-changer for me and my business. Of all the destinations I've traveled to, this one was the most unbelievable. The accommodations were exotic and luxurious, the food was fabulous, and the staff members were incredibly friendly and helpful. We were treated like royalty! The resort was a tropical paradise, just breathtaking at every turn. Also, we were given an opportunity to consult with an adviser for better health, Charles Wills. I have 14 years' experience in the health care field, and his unique prescription for health has made a world of difference in me already, which in turn has helped my business immensely. I am so much calmer, and I'm able to focus so much better than before. I plan to return to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana again.......and again.........and again. Please don't miss out; you truly deserve this experience. It's one you'll never forget.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank RoxanneLeClaire_Iowa
NYC
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Been to many and this is heads and shoulders above the rest. We would go just to eat the food it's that good. The staff is extraordinary and accommodating. The service is the best. Definitely try Charles Wills to change your Life, my husband and I now swear by his daily teachings to us and a few other guests also were talking about him. This place even has a bar at is open as late as you, although we did notice the yoga instructor drinking at the bar every night? Beach walks better then ever and great management, the perfect spot to relax and renew.
This will be an annual for sure.

2 Thank seek91
Dear guest,

Thank you for your amazing review, we appreciate the time you took to post it. We can't wait for 2011 for your return, if you think you can't wait until then...just let us know and we will book you up ;)
I just wanted to clarify in respect to our Yoga instructor; we have an agreement with a fitness company in which instructors take vacations and stay with us for a special rate, in exchange they give classes to our guests and enrich our entertainment program. Therefore they are almost like a regular guest, but that colaborates with the hotel during their stay.

Looking forward for you next search to relax and renew,

best regards,

Natalia Redondo
LONDON
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Where to start, I must say that we had incredibly high expectations for this resort, and surprisingly they were surpassed on many levels. Myself and my partner spent a week at the Zoetry Agua, we tend to travel around 7-8 times a year, from weekend breaks in Europe to longer trips in the Far East.

This hotel is fairly new under its new management and I would be lying to say that there weren't a few issues during our stay, however I still believe that this resort deserves full marks. I am going to attempt to outline various points about this trip and the resort which we feel may be relevant to other travellers, if anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

The transfer by road to the resort was under 1 hour, which we find very acceptable, the journey was pleasent in a comfortable air conditioned vehicle, we were given champagne and the staff that accompanied us were extremely polite, engaged in conversation if we spoke to them however were also happy for us to sit back and enjoy the ride. The return trip to the airport was via helicopter, which took about 15 minutes and was a lovely way to leave the resort.

When we arrived at the resort, we were told that it was at 40% capacity, it was beautifully quiet and tranquil, it was a good half an hour before we even saw any other guests. We booked an Agua room, which had direct access into the pool, this room had a fabulous bathroom, however we did end up moving rooms as we felt a little exposed from the bathroom windows which were quite close to a central path in the resort, I don't think this will be a problem to future guests, as we were told that there were going to be some larger plants/tress planted where necessary. The point to make is that as soon as we even mentioned to Natalia, the general manager that we weren't 100% happy we were immediately relocated without question. We packed up and our bags were moved for us whilst we had dinner. Our next room was a garden view room on the upper level. I loved this room, it had a high thatched ceiling which gave a lovely feeling of space, and had a large terrace where we regularly had our breakfast in the mornings.

There were 3 restaurants, the menus were all slightly different but the good quality was definitely a constant throughout. At times there were a few communication problems (and both myself and my partner do speak a bit of spanish) however I do think that people that didn't speak any spanish may struggle...however, we were also told during our stay that all the staff had just started English lessons, so this language barrier I imagine will become less and less of an issue.

Even at times when we were perhaps complaining about little things (yes, we are very fussy and at times difficult customers), the one thing that struck us was how genuinely all of the staff wanted to please us and get things exactly right. All the staff knew us by name and it was clear that everyone genuinely wanted us to have the very best experience possible.

Natalia, the general manager is doing an absolutely amazing job, she makes a point of taking time out of her busy day to really sit down and get to know people whilst listening to any feedback they have to offer, she goes beyond that and passes the feedback on to all relevant members of staff either verbally or in writing, even in some cases translating it onto a document so that everyone is 100% clear of what's going on in the resort. I have never met such a professionally competent yet approachable person in my life, she puts so much into the everyday running of the Zoetry Agua but at the same time is willing to listen to every visitor as an individual and happily take on board what they are saying (even if it's negative.)

The resort is quite far away from the busier areas, however we were looking for real isolation, so it was perfect, however if you're looking for somewhere where you can easily reach shopping areas/restaurants/nightlife then this resort is probably not for you. In addition there is no nightlife/evening entertainment in the hotel, but again this wasn't a problem for us. We met so many great people, so we had company as and when we wanted it.

One nice touch is the complimentary laundry service, so you can have a case of clean clothes to go home with.

One qualm I have is the lighting in the rooms/bathrooms, whilst it's very soft and creates a lovely mood, it can be a bit impractical at times, ie putting on makeup at night etc. However once I mentioned this, Natalia did have the lighting in our bathroom changed from yellow to white light which did improve the situation.

One day we did the horse riding along the beach, the horses belong to a local stables, so this is nothing to do with the hotel, however I must say that the horses did look a little mal-nourished and uncared for, which upset me slightly as I have the impression that the stable owners make more than enough money from the local hotels, however chose not to spend so much of it on looking after the horses.

All in all I have to say that this is one of the best trips I have ever been on, we have never really wanted to go back to the same resort twice, as let's face it, there are so many wonderful places to go on this planet, but if I wanted a week of rest, relaxation, beautiful surrounding and fantastic service then I wouldn't think twice in booking the Zoetry Agua again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank STEPHANIE275
Dear Steph,

Thank you for the elaborate, generous and heartfelt review, we appreciate it a lot, like you know. Just to give you follow up on your comment about the horses, I spoke to the owner of the Ranch and passes on your observations and they have committed to supervise more closely the nourishment and care of the horses. Thank you for giving us a fresh look onto this.

And hopefully we will sneak in between your travels, we would love to have you back!

We will keep in touch and a big hug accross the ocean for you both,

Natalia
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Overall a very pleasurable experience. The rooms were nicely appointed with large, comfortable patios. The grounds are well kept and beautiful to walk around. There are 3 restaurants, 2 are usually open for dinner. After dining at each we found the food to be delicious (particularly the lamb chops and steak)! For breakfast a basket of freshly baked breads are served, a variety of croissant, muffins, rolls, etc. All are nice and warm and served with a side of heavenly house prepared jams, I could have eaten these for a meal :) We couldn't say enough about the friendly, courteous staff. Most staff spoke English well enough to carry a conversation or to simply understand a food or drink order or a simple question. It's important to keep in mind one is visiting a Spanish speaking country, NOT an English speaking country, make an effort to brush up on your Spanish or bring a spanish-english dictionary, they appreciate the effort to communicate in their language. We traveled here for my birthday and were welcomed immediately with a "Feliz Cumpleanos" upon check in, and at dinner that evening the most delicious cake was brought to our table with the live band singing, unbeknownst to me or my husband. Only one restaurant was air-conditioned which is unfortunate. I know the goal is a tropical feel, but with that comes hot humid weather and mosquitoes which provides an unpleasureable dining experience. A recommendation would be to put mosquito magnets around the property.

The pool and beach was nice and comfortable. Any time you made your way down to the beach or pool there was never a lack of available lounge chairs or towels. We spent the majority of our time on the beach and the waitress was always coming over to us to take any food or drink orders. Don't be afraid to ask for something off the regular menu, we did several times and they were very accommodating as long as the food was available on site.

We had the pleasure of meeting the GM Natalia who was happy to speak to us despite a long 11 hours at work for the day. She has taken the resort from an abandon mess to a beautifully appointed intimate resort in a very short amount of time. Those visiting the resort in its early months of opening must realize that things needed to be worked out in its early stages and they have thus far done a wonderful job remedying any problems encountered by guests.

The overall experience was wonderful.....one big setback....air conditioning. We had a beach front room with a wonderful breeze when the door was open, but leaving the door open welcomed unwanted mosquitoes and bugs into the room. When we turned the air conditioning to the lowest setting the coolest it got was about 26 C or about 79 F. This made it very uncomfortable to sleep or get ready after a shower. We thought something was wrong with the AC and was moved to another (much nicer) still beach front room....same problem! This would be the ONLY reason we would consider not returning to Zoetry. It would be so helpful to have ceiling fans, screens on the doors, or to upgrade the air conditioning unit (which would be best). The weather was very hot and humid and there was no relief from it indoors.

Overall a beautiful resort with very friendly, personable staff. At any given time you feel like you are the only ones there. I don't know how they do it but the staff seem to remember your name from the moment you walk in. I wish I could remember them all myself, but it made us feel welcomed and added to the feeling of a personal experience. It is an all-inclusive resort but it's important to remember to TIP the staff, I don't care which country you visit from! These people work long and hard and $5-$20 per service (not total trip) to us is nothing after being fortunate enough to afford a vacation at Zoetry. Thanks to all the staff for making it a wonderful stay and memorable 30th birthday!

2 Thank Badchooch
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the time you took to post your review and comments, they are greatly appreciated. Thank you for your kind words towards our staff and towards me, when we learn that even if there were any setbacks we as a team have managed to offer for you a memorable experience keeps us going and striving for flawlessness.
As discussed in person, we are working on the permanent solution for improving the Air conditoining in the rooms (three new cold water pumps are being installed to provide more power to the current installations) and the mosquito abundance during rainy season so that it provides more comfort and keeps you coming back for a next stay! Since you said, that it would be the only thing preventing your return, then when you wish to come back just contact us and we will confirm the results and improvements so that you can go ahead and book.

We all send you our best, hope to see you soon!

Kind regards,