“Zoetry Agua Punta Cana Mar 22-29 2014”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #2 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were at Zoetry from Mar 22-29, 2014. 7 days of WOW factor.

This is my first time to Dominican.

We were supposed to be at Dreams but at check in we were asked to go to Zoetry - 2 couples. I had read a lot of reviews of Dreams and knew that there was some overbooking going on so I had researched both Breathless and Zoetry. If asked, we would have gone to either but would only go for the full 7 days.

When we checked in we asked if our rooms could be close to one another and they put us on the ground floor and the other couple above us - in the new section. We were escorted to our room by Richard our Concierge… and I say “ours” because he made us feel like he was there just for us all week. If he say us sitting on our patio and he was walking buy he would stop to chat and see if we needed anything. When we mentioned facecloth before we knew it we had them. When he walked by us on the beach he would ask if we needed a drink or towels. I loved Richard - he is such an asset to this place. These rooms are beautiful and clean. The maid comes in 3 times a day but if you don’t want them to… just put your Shhh sign out.

This place is beautiful, small, quiet and has the friendliest staff I have encountered in my 10 years of cruising the Caribbean and my 4 trips to AI’s in Mexico. The staff in the restaurants and bars spoke English very well. The General Manager was everywhere and whenever we met him on the walk he spoke as did all the staff.

The food is great although at times the service was a tad bit slow. They did apologize and explained that since adding the 50 new suites they are still working out the bugs of the added work for the kitchen. Every operation has growing pains and we would never let that spoil our vacation. I understand these new suites just opened in December and perhaps pretty smart on behalf of the management to upgrade people here as perhaps they would be more understanding of the growing pains then those who paid full price. It is very difficult for hard working staff to be yelled at and degraded during this time of change. I was just happy to be there.. so we most certainly did not sweat the small stuff.

We did not use Room Service other than for ice, beer or pop but it was always prompt.

We did not take advantage of the free massage or free laundry but we were made aware of it but we chose not to.

The pools are beautiful and well kept, as are the grounds and common areas. This is the tropics and it is not a fault of the resort for bugs. There is a can of deep woods off in the room (and we used all of our) but it was for the gigantic spiders that were outside on our deck. They would peek out from between the cracks of the stone work walls. I have a severe phobia of spiders so we likely over killed them. I saw on the day we were leaving a worker spraying someone’s deck so if we had of said something I am sure they would have done the same.

The drinks are good and the servers all seem to love their jobs. We tipped often and we felt they all deserved and they appreciated it.

We gave some staff our “Bubba mugs” on the last morning as they said they had never seen them before. We were the only ones who had them at this resort. The waitress had to find us at the beach along with a security guard who had to get us to sign a paper saying we gave them to the girls. They would not have been able to take them from the resort without this.

I wish I could afford to go back to this place. Message me if anyone has any questions.

Room Tip: I don't think there would be a bad room in this place.
3  Thank perky1829
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

At first, I would like to thank you for your review, it made me happy to read your comments, those really motivate us to provide our guests the best service.

We work so hard to provide a high-level service so that every guest will bring back home, not only fantastic pictures but also extraordinary memories. Your smile is our motto and we are pleased to know that despite the constructions our service was impeccable.

The Zoëtry Family would like to see you again very soon to create impressive memories, you are more than welcome to come back home.

Namasté,

There are newer reviews for Zoetry Agua Punta Cana

Reviewed March 30, 2014

The most beautiful place where we had time for ourselves. I returned home with all the laundry freshly washed and pressed. If only we could turn round and go straight back. If you are looking for peace and luxury, this is the place

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JVea
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this short but delighful review about our hidden paradise in Punta Cana, and also thank you for letting us make you feel like you were at home and give that peace and luxury that make us different than other resorts.

I hope to give you the welcome back to this wellness enviroment very soon!

Lionel Gomez.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

If you're looking for romantic get-a-way...amanzing beach...relaxing vacation....great service...this is the place for you.... My husband and I spent 4 nights at this resort..... I can't say enough about it.......the staff is second to none, very friendly and making you feel special....We had a swim out room (although never used)...it was still a great room...A shout out to our 2 girls on the beach Sandy & Jordana... always made sure we had a fresh drink....Thank you ... ... and to Oscar...Wow... thank you for your welcoming smile and service.... If I had to point one negative thing out about our experience... it would be access to the main pools.... Although beautiful and well kept a better way to get into and out of the pool would be appreciated.... It's really hard for anyone with any physical disability to enjoy it.....

1  Thank vaiogal44

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this kind review, personally I thank you dearly for your kind words towards our staff,specially to Oscar, Jordana & Sandy, they work hard every day to make you feel like you are at home. And more than anything thank you for naming Zoetry Aguas as the Jewel of Punta Cana.

I apologize for the inconvenience you experience with the access to the main pool, we are going to work very hard in trying to solve this problem as quick as we can and we certainly hope that by then we will have the pleasure to have you back for another stay.

Lionel Gómez.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Zoetry Punta Cana in Sep 2013. Having traveled on 6 previous all inclusive vacations in the past 4 years and visiting resort such as Dreams,Secrets,Breezes,Jewell in Jamaica,DR,Mexico and Cozumel we have to say that Zoetry is by far the best we have been to. Different from our other trips this time we wanted to try a smaller boutique resort to see if we would like the experience. We were not disappointed. The second day we were there I think there were a total of 10 guest on the entire resort. It felt like we had the entire resort to ourselves. Everything on the resort is in close proximity which is nice, no walking long distances to get where you need to go. Service was top notch and didn't decline as more guest arrived later in the week. All the workers were very attentive and always asking if there was anything we needed. Drinks were always awesome and plentiful. I didn't even have to ask for another beer, one was brought when my bottle was 1/2 empty every time. Food was the best of any resort we have been to. Everything from breakfast,lunch,dinner and room service was great. My wife is a very picky eater so for her to say that is a very big accomplishment. What impressed us the most is that if you didn't see something you wanted on the menu all you had to do is ask if they would make it. NEVER once were we turned down or told it couldn't done. I had lobster scrambled eggs every morning, not on the menu. Lobster pizza for lunch, again,not on the menu and lobster tail every night for dinner, even if it was not on the menu. One, try to find another resort that even has lobster and then try to order it if it is not on the menu, GOOD LUCK. Not a problem here. The beach is great. You can snorkel and swim right in front of the resort with no problem. Also this resort is secluded, the next one is 1 1/2 miles away. We were able to walk what seemed life forever without seeing anyone. Not one person trying to sell you things until you got to the next resort which is nice.
If you want a slow relaxing vacation and value great people, service and food than this is the place for you.
Since our experience was sooooo awesome we have decided to book a return trip to Zoetry Punta Cana May 2014. We can not wait to return for another AWESOME week of pure enjoyment and relaxation. Hope to see you soon !!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank shadt2013

Dear Shad,

Thank you for posting such a delightful review about your stay at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana. At Zoetry we take pride in ensuring our customers satisfaction and I am thrilled to read that the effort each one of the staff makes day after day brings us a reward express with the words that you used in your comment.

It is a pleasure for us to read that between all the all inclusive resorts you have been you choose Zoetry as your favorite one and that your experienced here was "AWESOME" like you describe it.

Any further assistant you need don't hesitate in contacting me Lgomez@zoetryresorts.com

Thank you for choosing us again for your future vacations in May and hope to welcome you back in this your home away from home.

Lionel Gómez.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was visiting Zoetry with my sister and friends as part of her birthday celebration, since we had high expectations we were looking for a quiet place and didn't know where to go, but finally we made the best decision ever because this boutique hotel exceeded all our expectations in a completely flawless way! Upon arrival the first thing they told us was "Welcome Home" and were greeted with a cocktail , reception staff checked us in a quick way , incredible great impression , since that time we were already in love of the hotel.
Each one of the 7 days we stayed there was a different experience, fruits every day at room, welcome letter , paella show with a flamenco dancer, live music in the lobby , a movie night, but the more important thing was that the day of her birthday they prepared a special lunch and for the dinner they invite us to a small dinner with fire show they prepare at the beach for a few people and at the end of it they brought to the table her favorite dessert and all the staff sang for her. They make us feel like home during our stay.
This was our first visit to this hotel and certainly not the last; we are already planning our next vacation.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank omar2416
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Mr. Omar,

In the name of the Zoetry Team, I would like to thank you for choosing this hotel for celebrating such an important day as your sister's birthday and also thank you for writing a review about the experience in our property and how great it was.

Its great for me to read that your sister and your friends had an incredible time during your stay and that everyone put an extra mile so they could make your trip unforgettable.

I hope to welcome you back very soon,

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I highly recommend the Zoetry Agua in Punta Cana. My wife and I stayed for a week for our honeymoon and had an amazing time! The rooms are VERY nice and well decorated. The food is AMAZING - no matter if from a restaurant or room service! And to top it off, the staff is second to none! They are so friendly and willing to help you with anything. Our favorite bartender was Eddie - every night he was great to talk to and made the best drinks! Luis was our favorite waiter - always willing to help and would check in to see how we were doing at every restaurant. The hotel also offered horseback riding, a cave tour and scuba lessons which we highly recommend. There is also great coral off the beach which you can explore with their free snorkels. Overall, a fantastic experience and we hope to return at some point!

3  Thank 515ryanm
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Mr. Ryan,

First than anything thank you for sharing your amazing experience at Zoetry with other, not only in this site but also with your friends, we are very excited to read about the days you spent here and that you mentioned the two people from our staff that gave you an extra mile.

At Zoetry we work for our clients and it makes us really happy to know that we exceed your expectations in every aspect of the hotel.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to your new home away from home.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We just can say good things about this hotel, we have been in Punta Cana before and this time we decided to go to Zoetry and we don’t have any regrets about it. The property is relaxing, the grounds are beautiful, the beach is really quiet (don’t have people selling thing around), the ocean view rooms are stunning and the most important the staff.

Had a fantastic vacation at this paradise! All the staff was delightful and really nice people, but these were the best, especially Gilbert (at the lobby bar), Pedro at the Olena restaurant, Yeimi & the Reception staff which welcome you with a “Welcome Home”, but the important thing is that they always have a smile, & the service was quick and efficient. The five days we stayed at the hotel they made us feel like we were at home. Everyone make a special effort.

For real I think we have already found paradise at Zoetry.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alonzo s

Dear Mr. Alonzo,

It's a pleasure for us that you took a few minutes from your time for writing this review and we are excited to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and like your title review says that you found paradise at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana. The goal of all the Zoetry staff is to always provide our guests with a unique and memorable stay. Gilbert, Yeimi and Pedro will be so excited to see their names mentioned here and I will certainly share your comments with the rest of the staff.

We would love to see you back with us in the near future.