“Service and food average, but beautiful setting”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #2 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My boyfriend and I were staying at Dreams resort and got offered to stay here for 4 nights as a 'promotion'. We couldn't believe our luck to stay in this 5 star resort. When we arrived we were greeted by some lovely people everyone was really nice and friendly. The grounds are beautiful, beach gorgeous, some really breathtaking views. Our room was lovely, we were on the ground floor and the pool was just outside our room. This place has so so much potential. We loved our stay as we weren't paying the full price so we couldn't really complain about anything. However, i'm going to give some constructive criticism for the manager as if i was paying the usual rates I would be very disappointed. First of all the service at some of the restaurants was awful, breakfast at indigo you could wait 15-20 mins for your order to be taken, the staff were lovely when they did but they seemed to have no urgency about them. There were other small things like your juice not being filled up often enough, no spoons out for cereal, cereal in cocktail glasses (bowls are fine). Olena restaurant had the best service. The food was the same if not of a less quality than Now Larmiar - we preferred the food there. For award winning chefs it was not award winning food. Maybe a few more sun loungers on the beach as they were always always full! Also coco cafe where we went to get coffee the first time the service and coffee was perfect. However the second time a girl named Jordaine served us and she was quite rude, gave us espressos when we asked for lattes and mochas. Her english wasn't the best but we can't expect her to speak fluent. She was very rude, my boyfriend is a very chilled guy and he even thought that. Maybe a bit more training in customer service (as i said if i was paying full rates i would be demanding to speak to the manager after our encounter with her).

Overall the stay was lovely, beautiful, staff were friendly and polite (our favourite was Wanda). Maybe just a bit more training of your staff.

Thanks for having us.

2  Thank Amc1991
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, please let me personally thank you for taking the time to let us know your impression regarding the Zoetry Agua Punta Cana. It is a real pleasure to read you had a great experience with us.

I will take note on those points you mentioned in order to improve our Service and I will personally take care of the problem you had at the Coco Cafe, so I can make sure it won't happen anymore. It would have been a pleasure to talk to you and hear about your experience while you stayed here.

Please let us know when you are planning to get back to our "hidden Paradise", the entire Zoetry Team will be expecting you with a smile and some specials details to make your stay unbelievable.Namasté

There are newer reviews for Zoetry Agua Punta Cana

Reviewed February 21, 2014

If you dont want to read all review here are short list of PROS and CONS:
PROS:
ALL inclusive (all I mean is all! Only spa is at additional cost)
Free WI-FI (which is rarity in Dominican republic)
Free laundry service
24h room service
Very cozy enviroment
No annoying sales people
Beautiful beach
BIG swimming pool
4 top class restaurants
No buffet type breakfast
Always available luxury beds on the beach

CONS:
45 min from airport
a bit bumpy road (90% highway; 10% bumpiness :) )
not much activities
minor bugs in evening

We just came back a week ago from this amazing place. Truly place to relax and get away from noise. We had 20 month child with us and she loved this place. Although originally this place was designed for adults only, we felt that all staff just loved our daughter and showed so much atention. Really good. I should say if you are looking for activities and parties this place is not for you. We needed some time for yourselves to enjoy quietness and we got it.
In general this place is much smaller than other resorts but very cozy. It has only 96 rooms.
Has 4 restaurants, gym, spa, 24h room service. You will feel exceptional there compared to other resorts. I should mention that wifi, laundry, room service (breakfast, lunch and dinner) are all inclusive and no additional cost is involved. Maids fixes your room 3 times a day. Pool drags straight from your doorway to the ocean. No need to rush to the beach in the morning to get your bed. Its always available. Rooms are really big and luxurious with massive bathroom, you will be surprised. A big thing for me was, that there are no annoying sales people trying to sell you everything. Although they have one day a week local market for souvenirs, and there is local fella on the beach (border of resort) but not annoying like in other resorts. As well they organize free trip to CUEVA CAYACOA: somehow interesting to see how locals live and produce coffee and chocolate, and to see caves which are about 40 mins of drive on open roof bus. Also to mention that outside resort this country is very poor, so please if you go there value hard working kind people and leave them a tip when you feel so.
Overall we loved this place. And I always ask myself after a trip, would I be back to this place. So for this resort I would say DEFINITELY!
If you have any questions dont hesitate to write me, will be glad to give you advice or answer your question.

Room Tip: If possible ask for room that has sun all day long, in that case you can be sunbathing just on your...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Virtusas
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am thrilled to read your review, and on the behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you personally for expressing your satisfaction regarding your stay among us.

Our "perfect place to get away from noise and just relax" as you mentioned will always be defined as "a private secret spot". With his relaxing atmosphere, his culinary experience, his wellness focus and his kind employees, Zoetry Agua focus on a personal treatment, and the hotel size helps us to get a close attention to our guest.

If you enjoyed to the fullest your vacations, then your memories are the best award for us...Hopefully on your next visit, we can create new memories, by surprising your with new concepts and a more dedicated service.

Again thank you so much for those great comments.

Namsté

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have just returned from this wonderful hotel after a 2 week holiday with a friend.
We stayed in the older part of the hotel in a well serviced "suites". They were really very large rooms with no separate sitting area but as there was direct access onto a large balcony on the 1st floor suite and a terrace on the ground floor suite leading directly onto a pool this wasn't really a problem. The food was good and great to be all a la carte. Restaurant service was a bit hit and miss but always served with a smile. It was amazing to discover that all inclusive really meant all inclusive! Unlimited alcoholic and soft drinks including champagne, laundry, international phone calls and wifi throughout the hotel. The grounds have lush vegetation (helped no doubt by the occasional downpours which lasted only for a very short time) and are beautifully maintained.
This is not really a suitable hotel for children as there were no play areas or shallow pool and the menus were really quite sophisticated.
In general the staff were great and perhaps unfair to mention specific individuals but I have to especially mention Luismi. He is the concierge and went to incredible lengths to ensure that we had a wonderful holiday. Always available without being obtrusive. A completely charming young man who I'm confident will go far in the Hotel industry.
In summary not quite up to 5 stars but a fabulous hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank elaine h
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Taiguey: Good Day - Good Sun,

Dear Guest,

It is real pleasure to hear that your experience with us was excellent. On the behalf of the entire team of Zoetry Agua, I would like to thank you for this review.

We are glad you chose our hotel for your well deserved vacations, I hope to have you back soon and we will keep working harder every day to surprise you on your next stay.

If the Zoetry staff goes "an extra mile" it is because we think that every guest is special, and everyone needs a special treatment... I will personally give your special mention to Luis Miguel and I am really sure he is going to appreciated it.

Thanks for your review and your visit.

Namaste

Reviewed February 19, 2014

we just came back sunday from 5 days that could have been divine from start to finish but were somewhat falted by poor service in 3of the 4 restaurants where amateur service seems to reign!
The only restaurants with professionals service was Olana, just outside the Lobby, with italian food presented and cooked professionally.
I wish we could have talked to the General Manager to share our comments and suggestions. We loved the grounds , our room, the smile on everyone face, but going to eat became a steeple chase course never knowing what would come to land on our plate, and I do speak Spanish fluently so its not really a language misunderstanding…..
we had a beautiful suite with balcony on the 3rd floor, with stunning view of the serpentine pool and the beach and ocean , but the sliding door on the balcony do not have an outside handle and you risk never coming back in if you get stuck outside!!!! in the bathroom, same thing, I would suggest a safety bar to get up and a mat in the bottom of the tub to prevent sliding.
I went to Yoga class just about every day and it was the highlight of my day, we were never more than 4 or 5 person attending and both yoga teacher were great! The 1 hour massage i got was just average, but the staff is charming.
I dont think we would go back unless service improves .
Francisco was so nice to us, so were Jessica and Maria and Antonia at Yoga.
The worst food was at the Beach restaurant Indigo, worst service too….

2  Thank stcyprien218
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the hotel staff I would like to thank you for sharing your review with us, but more than anything thank you for choosing Zoetry Agua Punta Cana for your well deserved vacations to the Dominican Republic.

I am glad that you liked part of the facilities that we have at our hotel and more than anything for the comment of the Olena restaurant, I will personally congratulate all the staff that works there. It would have been a pleasure to meet you and hear all the suggestions that you have about the thing we need to improve, at Zoetry we take pride of our customers satisfaction and this is a good way to do it.

I apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the food service problems, we are working on the points you mentioned so we can avoid them to happen again.

Hoping to have you back at this your home away from home.

Namasté

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Shared to me from one of the staff: " This place is a work in progress"! I couldn't agree more. Inconsistency is what defines this resort. There are gems sprinkled throughout such as the beach, quality of the chaise longs and resort lay out. It's a small private footprint that has nice rooms and amenities including towels. The problem is that nothing is predictable or reproducible, which is requisite for a place that charges these prices.
Though we ordered the same exact menu choices from room service, what arrived was always a mystery and never the same. I was perplexed when the menus proudly announce they are able to accommodate special requests. I didn't figure on a heap of bacon and sausage on every order and a ham and cheese omelette after stating we were vegetarians!! The fellows who delivered the food, however, including Juan Carlos were some of the friendliest and most engaging staff at the resort.
The quality of the food is wonderful, but its arrival at your restaurant table is all by chance. Often, the courses came out haphazardly and some were just skipped. The waiters are completely in the weeds. They're very nice people who lack adequate training and there's no captain or manager to orchestrate the flow of seating, table service, menu presentation, order taking and food delivery. We were at the resort 4 days before anyone showed us a Wine list. Though this is not part of the all inclusive portion, the list is decent and the Sommelier, Miguel, is polite, attentive and charming. He goes the extra mile.
It appeared 80% of the guests were non-Spanish speaking. The language barrier with the staff compounds the difficulties, a situation which you may not encounter in Costa Rica, Mexico or numerous other locals
There's a nice little gym with decent equipment. Most of it's in working order, but some updating is needed of the rusting and intermittently functioning pieces. The good part is that you rarely have to compete for the machines.
There are many all-inclusives throughout the region, but this one needs a lot more fine tuning before charging the kind of prices of similar properties almost anywhere in Mexico.

Room Tip: Rooms on the new side appear updated and larger.
9  Thank Satchi H
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for the time you have dedicated to review our Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana. Your comments will be shared with the team and I will personally thank Miguel and Juan Carlos for showing such a memorable positive attitude.

Great to hear that you appreciated our facilities, the beauty of our grounds, our beach and the quality of the food.

On the other hand, please let us express our deepest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced at restaurants; we pride ourselves on delivering a high level of service and we are concerned that you did not experience that. We can assure that corrective actions have been taken because if there is something that disturbs your vacation, we should be able to do something right away.

Again, we do value your comments very much and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed the last week in January, I must say, this has to be one of, if not the best resort in Punta Cana, it deserves a category all on its own, it is truly an experience.
First off the location, it is in a secluded area all on its own, the setting is peaceful, lush, and green, like another reviewer mentioned, very Zen like, a walk around the resort is so relaxing
All the rooms are suites, some beachfront; we had a swim out room, and what a great way to start the day, having breakfast on your large terrace, overlooking the lazy river pool as well as the gardens. Unlimited WIFI available in your suite, as well as all international phone calls included during your stay, and 24 hour laundry service, mini bar, with whatever your heart desires.
The pools and beach were fantastic, always beds with comfy mattresses available, the beach was pretty well a private beach, you can walk for miles, and the closest resort was probably about a mile and d half away. So if you like walks on the beach, you’ll love this beach
The food, service and staff were all excellent here, food was tasty, plentiful and always available, if you desire a lobster for afternoon snack on the beach; they will bring you one, premium drinks always available
The staff and service is some of the best we have experienced anywhere, my wife and I both being involved in the travel industry for a number of years, we have had the good fortune to travel and stay at many real nice resorts and hotels worldwide, and I have to say, this was some of the best, most professional service we have experienced. The staff is very highly motivated, courteous, polite and always available to please, and in a nice way, the ratio of staff to guests is quite high, so there is always a staff member to help you in any way possible.
Would we go back, yes, in a heartbeat, thank-you to all the staff members at the Zoetry, and AMresorts, you are all doing a magnificent job, keep it up, we’ll see you all soon

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank StanMontreal

Dear Guests,

I sincerely appreciate your kind review concerning your experience at our "Peaceful Paradise in Punta Cana". I am delighted to read that our Staff took such good care of you during your stay, reaching beyond your expectations. I sure will let them know that their efforts are very much appreciated.

It is our main goal to make you feel relaxed in a warm environment, with excellent facilities. This is the minimum we can offer to our special guests such as you!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon in our tropical Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I traveled here with my mom in October last year and loved every minute of it. The staff was attentive, professional and very kind, especially Dayanara and Joselito who we became quite friendly with. We had an ocean front suite with a pool at the end of the resort, so it was very quiet and private. The rooms were very clean and well maintained everyday. The beach was gorgeous and the water was so warm. The food was excellent, both my mother and I have Celiac so we have to be gluten free and they more than accommodate us, they made us our own menu for the week and it was all delicious. We had a couple spa treatments which were also great. I can't say enough good things about this place, can't wait to go back someday!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for having chosen the Zoëtry Agua for your visit to Punta Cana. I appreciate knowing that your experience was excellent but I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff, the most important and lasting memories of a hotel.

It pleased us greatly to host you during the unique experience you lived in our premises and we are glad that you appreciated our delightful food, the rooms, the spa treatment, our attentive staff and beautiful grounds.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope we see you on your next visit to our paradise!