“All I can say is AMAZING! Stay Here!”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #2 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana for 4 nights in June. I have to admit that we considered cancelling at the last minute due to some of the negative reviews on trip advisor. I am so glad that we didn't! This resort was amazing in every way, and I have raved about it to everyone.

The ride from the airport is about an hour, and the trip is bumpy. We have traveled out of the country many times so we knew what to expect. The ride and commute time was comparable to other trips we have taken in the Caribbean and Mexico. We had to drop another couple off at another resort prior to being taken to Zoetry. When we pulled up to the resort, there were a ton of people arriving and waiting to check in. My husband and I looked at each other and both said that we were so glad that we had not booked a resort like that! 5 minutes later, we arrived at Zoetry. As soon as we pulled up, I knew that we had made the right choice! There was not a single person waiting to check in. We were greeted with a towel and ice cold beverage before going through a speed check in process and receiving a tour of the beautiful resort.

I was blown away by the room (especially the bathroom!). The A/C does not cool that great, but if you closing the doors between the bedroom and bathroom helps the bedroom to cool down at night. We weren't in the room much during the day so it really wasn't that big of a deal. The maids do a great job of keeping the rooms tidy, and we never had to ask for more towels as they were restocked constantly. The free worldwide calling was a major plus for us as we called home daily to check on our 3 year old at home.

The food was wonderful, especially for an all inclusive. Most things were great...there were a few things that were just ok, but nothing was bad! The paella, guacamole with sweet potato wedges, lobster, chocolate cake were some of the things that stood out to us as outstanding! Everything at the author's dinner was great! We also loved the champagne and pina coladas! Service was always quick and with a smile! I loved that you do not have to make reservations for dinner!

As most everyone else has stated, the service is what sets Zoetry Agua apart from other resorts. By the second day, most of the staff knew our names which adds a special personal touch to your vacation. They were the kindest people and did everything with a smile! Hands down, they provided the best service we have ever received at a resort or hotel. Some other reviews mention a language barrier. We were actually very impressed with the staff's use of and understanding of English. They really do a great job. There was only one time that there was an issue, and it was when we ordered room service. My husband wanted the sweet potato wedges or chips with the guacamole and they brought French fries instead. Seriously, not a big deal! Within 10 minutes, he had brought us freshly fried tortilla chips because they were out of the sweet potato wedges that we had at lunch one day.

The beach was amazing! There is a coral reef not far off from the shore. We snorkeled everyday, and saw a ton of beautiful fish right there. The water is crystal clear. The pool was wonderful also. It was always clean, and the temp was perfect. I'm not sure what some of the other reviewers are referring to about the pool being dirty. Sure there were a few leaves in the serpentine pool from time to time, but there are beautiful trees and bushes all over the property so a few leaves are going to end up in the pool. We saw a staff member cleaning the pool every day we were there so they really work hard to make sure the pool stays clean. Since it is such a small resort, you never have to fight for a chair at the beach or pool which is a huge plus.

The fitness center was great and had everything I needed to keep up with my workout regime while we were there- treadmills, free weights, mats, exercise balls, and machines. They also have a little refrigerator with water and Gatorade as well as a TV to watch while you workout.

I could honestly go on and on and on about this place, but I think you probably get the idea! It's amazing! Do not believe the negative reviews. I have NO idea how anyone could complain about this place. Some have complained about the construction. I barely even noticed it. They were even working on a walkway right beside the pool when we were there, and it was not loud or distracting in the least bit. We talked to many other couples who were there, and I always asked how they liked the place. Everyone there that we talked to were also amazed and beyond pleased with Zoetry. No one (including us) wanted to leave! I have to admit that I am already considering another trip to Zoetry in the fall...yes, it was that great! We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We had the garden view room, and it was perfect! If you book when the construction is still underway...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Katie E
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Taguey: Good Day/ Good Sun

Dear Guest,

Now you are part of the family, and as that you already plan to come back in fall, I look forward to have you again with us. You already got the Zoetry Fewer!

The reward of reading your review on Trip advisor is the best motivation to our team: the fact that you were satisfied to have made the "right choice" with us at your arrival, and were amazed by our service after the 5 days you spent, means we achieved our goal. We are delighted to hear your review and believe me, that will bring more energy and focus to keep up the high standard service we provide to our guests.

Surprising you and offering the best of our local products is our day to day base....I can only hope that, during your next stay in fall, you will find even more added values with our new 45 rooms: amazing serpentine pool, Great Latin Fusion Creole Restaurant, and more endless privileges.

See you very soon in your Caribbean Home.

Lionel Gomez

There are newer reviews for Zoetry Agua Punta Cana

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We just returned from a week long family trip at the Zoetry Agua, and hopefully this review will be helpful.
This was our second trip to a Zoetry resort, the first being at the Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita. Based on our great experience there, we decided to try another Zoetry. The two resorts are very different in their theme, but very comparable in their services. The grounds are immaculately maintained and incredibly beautiful. A true Elysium.

Upon arrival we were warmly greeted and introduced to personnel in true Zoetry fashion along with cold towels and refreshing drinks. We were given a tour of the resort and directed to our rooms. We had made reservations for two rooms, however they were on the second floor. We requested to have both rooms changed to the first floor and Malagi was able to accomodate us the following day with one having pool access which we highly recommend.

There is construction going on, but we hardly noticed it. It is on the north side of the resort.

The beach is absolutely breathtaking. Clean and beautiful.
The main pool is small, but with a beach like that, who would need a pool?

The staff is super friendly, and VERY hardworking. Language could be a barrier, and some orders might be misunderstood, but nothing that cannot be fixed. We had issues with room service, but by the end of our trip we had picked up a couple of Spanish words and were able to communicate better. Problem solved!

We didn't use the spa. The gym is adequately equipped and maintained. The food was good especially the local cuisine. We had a wine pairing evening, and two author's evenings at the Amaya which we highly recommend. It was fantastic. There was also a BBQ dinner at the beach. Excellent! The paella at The Indigo is to die for! One drawback is the lunch menu at the Indigo changes only every three days.

We appreciate the friendly and helpful staff which made our trip even more pleasurable. Kale is a gem. He made sure we had everything we needed and checked in on us everyday. A shout out to Juan at the reception, Juan Carlo and Aurelio from room service, Juan Hilario at Coco Cafe, Hector, Joselito, and Saidy to name a few. You're hard work and attention made this another memorable trip for our family. Thank you!

Room Tip: The first floor with pool access.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Pasikikou

Taguey, Good Day/Good Sun,

Sunny greeting from our "hidden paradise". We are glad to hear that you had an amazing experience with us, and being a member of the Zoetry Family, that means a lot to us.

You totally right when you mentioned that the Zoetry in Mexico is similar but with different concept, as at Zoetry Resorts we try not to conserve any standard but instead we let our creativity flows but both of the property have the same goal: make your vacations memorable....And according to your review, it sounds that you had a peaceful and enjoyable experience...That just made our days...and on the behalf of the entire Team, thank you to share your thoughts!

On your next stay, we will have a special "Paella" ready for you, by the Ocean, with a cool White Chardonnay waiting for you...your feet in the sands and the only noise of the waives, caressing the ground....

Looking forward to see you again!

Lionel Gomez

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I did a weekend trip at the Zoetry Punta Cana. Out of 5 stars I would rate the resort a 4. The pool was a little on the small side but with the Atlantic Ocean just steps Away who really needs a pool? The room we had was slightly above average. We booked and ocean view but got a room that had pool access.
Service was the absolute key to the enjoyment of our vacation. On a scale from 1-10 on service I would rate it a definite 10. The people at the Zoetry always went out of their way to make sure the guests were having a good time. Wilne was the name of one employee who was always there to help and show us around and made our vacation memorable!
We were there only for the weekend and was able to accomplish a lot of things we wanted to do. The couples massage we got at the resort was really nice and was reasonably priced. The resorts free amenities included horseback riding on the beach and a ton of non-motorized water sports. The food was top notch and the drinks were not bad either.
Overall I would recommend the Zoerty and would definitely go back....
PROS: SERVICE!!!! AMENITIES!!!! FOOD!!!
CONS: There is no check-in and check-out time at the Zoetry. Great if you can catch a late flight and extend the your vacation to its fullest. Not so great if you have to wait from 2pm to 7pm to get in your room, like we did.
TIPS: book a car pick-up from the airport via Amstar website($180 round trip for 2) and US dollars work pretty much everywhere so do not exchange any money at the airport!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aleeda2012
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Guest

Taguey: Good/Good Sun,

First Time at our Zoetry Agua, but apparently not the last...Thank you so much for your comment, I do appreciate your time to express your impression about our Resort and especially if you did enjoyed your experience with us.

I will personally show your review to Wilne, I am sure he will be thrilled that you did remembered his name, and that your memories are link to his person.

As far as the Check in Check out non policies, I do understand your point but as you mentioned, it is part of the endless privilege we offer to our guests. We usually do not have any problem with it, but that special weekend, the hotel occupancy was very high.

Hopefully, next time you will visit us, we will spend more than 2 days with us, in order to enjoy our experience to the fullest.

Again thank for your visit, and we are proud to create some "memorable vacations".

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was the best vacation we've ever taken--and my husband and I are relatively well-traveled.

This resort is not tiny, but small enough that you can walk from one location to another within 5 minutes, without feeling like you need to take a shuttle, or reserve a beach chair. There are NO college students, NO "wooooo" girls (you know what I mean). If you like to be pampered in all-inclusive luxury with minimal noise, 30+ year-olds and couples, this is the place for you.

Arrival is incredible. It takes a full hour from Punta Cana airport--we booked our trip through Delta Vacations, so a shuttle brought us over, after dropping off a couple of others at other resorts. As you step out of the van, they promptly whisk away your luggage, you are offered a cold, scented towel, a delicious cold drink, and/or any cocktail of your choosing. You then have a seat while they check you in.

The food here is phenomenal for an all-inclusive resort. There are two restaurants, both of which are delicious (although only one has air-conditioning...the others are equally posh and tropical, but with ceiling fans in the "beach-hut" style room). You can order food anywhere, at any hour--at the restaurants, in your room, by the pool, on the beach, or at the bars.

The cocktails off the bar menus were kind of gross, at least at the beach bar. At the lobby bar, they were infinitely better. One of our favorite parts of the trip was FRANCISCO, our awesome bartender, and his amazing "Coco Loco" concoction (you'll have to try it yourself). He is super-friendly, generous, and a phenomenal mixologist.

The staff make you feel right at home. They are friendly, and always take time to stop and chat, or at least to say hello when you pass by. This is all-inclusive, so it's not as if they were asking for a tip. Dominicans are authentically kind, friendly people, and that really resonated with our experience at the resort.

The beach is gorgeous, clean, uncrowded, and always has room for towels and chairs. We went in July, so regrettably, it was often cloudy, and the winds would whip sand at you no matter where you sat, which was kind of tricky, but hardly the fault of the resort.

The pool is also beautiful, clean, and relaxed. There is no swim-up bar. At the time that we visited, they were also doing construction by the pool, so we chose not to stay there because of the noise (which, admittedly, was minimal). There was occasional wood chopping and/or hammering, and you'd hear a saw occasionally, but nothing overtly irritating.

The room we stayed in was on the top floor, meaning that we had a high, vaulted, thatched-roof ceiling. The decor was beautiful, modern, and tropical with a canopy bed and bamboo details. The king bed is wide, the mattress is rather firm, and while the pillows tend to fall flat, they offer a complimentary pillow menu that we never took advantage of. The shower is beautiful, and has an option of a handheld showerhead or a "rainfall" above-head shower. However, there is just a half-glass shield for sprays, and water always got all over the bathroom when showering. The tub is also nice, but the tub's faucet ran at a snail's pace--it is basically impossible to fill quickly without the additional aid of the hand-held showerhead. The air conditioning, unfortunately, was not cool enough--at the lowest temperature and the fan blowing at its highest, and with all windows and doors shut, the room did not dip below 75 degrees at night.

There are also lots of insects--even with the room's doors closed at night (and a towel laid across the crack), we had three large tree spiders, one wolf spider, one adult scorpion, one (dead) young scorpion on a bathrobe, a few tiny ants, a couple of moths and lots of mosquitoes. Each time we were really concerned about the bugs (as with the ants by the bed or the scorpion), room service promptly arrived and removed the insect (although I think they were smirking at how freaked out I was about them). Once a day at about 6 pm, Zoetry also sprays the entire resort. Probably as a result, we had few mosquito problems while out at night, and woke up every morning to several dead mosquitoes on our bed blanket. However, be forewarned--although Zoetry makes EVERY possible effort to make our experience bug-free, it is a tropical atmosphere, and if you want the authentic "luxury beach cabana" experience, you're going to see a few critters.

Our third night, during a thunderstorm, the roof of our room sprang a leak. It was not a "gushing" leak, but a minor drip, right next to my husband's side of the bed. A maintenance worker promptly came over, inspected it, and then asked my husband to help him move the enormous canopy bed three feet to the right. After a bit of tugging, it was moved, and he promised to return in the morning to fix it. We have no evidence that this was ever done, since the room was cleaned the next day, but the bed was never moved back into place. Thankfully, it did not rain heavily any other night during our stay, but for the sake of future guests, I hope they fixed it.

Room service, if you're ordering a meal, takes 25 - 30 minutes, generally. Staff is friendly and kind. Housekeeping also stopped by to clean late-afternoon, and once again before bedtime at night, to ask if you'd like extra water or towels.

The gym is clean but small (only 2 treadmills), and poorly air conditioned. I realize that you sweat when you work out anyway, but running in a warm room became challenging. However, all the equipment is modern, clean, and has a great variety of cardio and weight-training options. They also offer a cool drink, apples, water, gatorade, towels, and one television.

We didn't try the spa, but we heard great things.

Be aware that, like most all-inclusives, they will insist on an hour of your time to offer future deals on this resort and sister resorts (no timeshare spiel). We both ultimately signed up, but the morning of our appointment, my husband went, while I stayed behind to get ready. He returned stating that both of us needed to be present, and that they wouldn't offer him the deal otherwise. A fellow guest who was able to attend said that the hour was worth it, because she received a $100 credit for a future stay (though she has to pay a $200 activation fee to use it, but altogether, it is still cheaper than a one night for a room).

Other stuff: they offer horseback riding ONLY on Wednesdays and Fridays, with reservation, so book upon arrival--but it is worth it. They also offer daily Spanish classes, dance classes, water aerobics, snorkeling, and other activities, all complimentary. We went on the 4th of July, and that morning, Amaya restaurant had the U.S. national anthem playing ON LOOP the entire time we were there--cute, but it drove us crazy after hearing it 36 times. They also had red, white and blue hats, classes, tiaras, and cocktails!

I realize how nit-picky I sound, but these are the sorts of things I like to know before spending this much money on an all-inclusive resort. I must also emphasize that NONE OF THESE ISSUES WERE A MAJOR CONCERN overall, since every other aspect of our trip was phenomenally beautiful, relaxing, luxurious, and enjoyable. My husband would return to this same resort a second time, third time, and fifth time, and bring friends, to boot. Book this place immediately. It is the perfect retreat.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hkm3
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I just got back from a five-night stay at Zoetry Agua. I chose this resort because I wanted a relaxing vacation. It is a smaller resort and is far from the gigantic "party" resorts. It is in a beautiful location and the staff is superb! The resort grounds are immaculately maintained and the staff works very hard to make sure that you are enjoying your time at the resort.

Most of the rooms either overlook a pool or the ocean. They are very roomy and also kept very clean. They all have a patio or a balcony.

The food is wonderful and there is a good variety. It is not the typical "all-inclusive" type of food. They serve a lot of local seafood and focus on flavor. They can do this because they aren't trying to cook for thousands of guests at a time, like the larger resorts do.

The spa is very good. I had a couple of massages while I was there. They were worth the additional cost.

They are doing some construction to add additional rooms to the resort, so there will be some construction noise until it is completed later this year. However, it didn't really bother me. It didn't ruin my relaxation or inconvenience me at all. My room was not close to the new construction.

Also, the resort is about an hour from the Punta Cana airport. The roads are typical island roads, which means that they are bumpy. It was not a problem for me, as I expected it.

If you want a resort where there is always something going on and parties all night, this is not the place for you. If you want a relaxing vacation with personalized service, you want to stay at Zoetry.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank omahanetraveler
Reviewed July 3, 2013

From check into the fantastic suite the food the service,grounds and the catering.Every one treats you like royalty. This is the best I mean the very best restful beautiful hotel I have ever stayed at I give this hotel and all its staff an A#1 rating. I cant wait to go back

Room Tip: Excellent does not even come close to how wonderful this hotel was.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Pam O
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I honestly cannot say enough good things about Zoetry.  This serene, peaceful resort is like a living postcard.  The most beautiful scenery I have ever seen, with pristine beaches where no one bothers you and the staff treat you so well and take the time to personally get to know you.  It is like being in the Garden of Eden...with thatched roofs, suspended walkways, and beautiful grounds.  As soon as we arrived we were greeted with cool towels and refreshing iced teas. We were upgraded at check in to an ocean view suite by Ivette, who was so nice to us, giving us a private tour of the property at check in and explaining everything to us in detail.

The spa is excellent, you get a twenty minute massage complimentary!  The drinks are divine, and the food in the restaurants is like eating out at a 5 star restaurant every night!  So delicious. There are no big cafeterias or buffets, everything is prepared fresh and to order. You can always have room service as well, which we did for breakfast several days.

The resort is small, with only 50 suites (which are gorgeously appointed with natural stone and hardwood floors, his and her sinks, and maid service 3 times daily.  Our room was always clean and fresh and the maid would even lay out fresh flowers on our bed every day.  Impeccable service!  The bathrooms, pools, and common areas throughout the resort were always clean and well kept. Towels in the bathrooms were scented with aromatic botanicals.

This is not a mega resort with tons of things to do all the time and there are no night clubs, Spring Break crowds, or that sort of thing.  You can go to neighboring Dreams Resort for a show or to eat in one of their many restaurants if you like.  But we were so content and enamored with Zoetry we never wanted to spend one minute outside the resort!

At night is when we did see some people, either dancing or singing along to the wonderfully talented guitar band at the main lobby bar. This band also serenades you at dinner.

Zoetry is for those who want to focus on rest, relaxation, and rejuvenation, without loads of crowds or people...the resort was 90% full and we hardly ever saw anyone around!  You never have to search for a spot on the beach, they have plenty of chairs and huts.  The hotel offers daily activities which were fun to partake in, such as diving, horseback riding, and more.  It was honestly the most wonderful vacation we have ever taken on all levels...amazing service, room comfort, staff, food, location, weather, everything.  It may be more expensive than other, larger resorts, but you get what you pay for and you will definitely not be disappointed with personalized attention and staff that go above and beyond to make you happy.

I do recommend allowing the hotel to arrange for the private transfer from the airport to the hotel, they did an excellent job and it took all the stress out of our travel.  Also, I was prepared to speak in Spanish, however nearly everyone in the resort (both guests and staff) spoke English so it wasn't a problem for us at all while we were there.

A few tips...bring some American cash. Cigar rolling by the pool offered a free cigar, but later they would like it if you purchased some to take home. They require cash. You can always decline. Same goes for the free horseback riding on the beach. Afterwards they ask you to buy a CD with photos they took. We declined and gave them a small tip instead and were on our way - don't feel obligated.

We did not waste our time in the time share presentation to get a spa credit. We heard from other people that did it was a long presentation and not enjoyable. I would politely decline the offer.

Tipping is not required at this resort but once we saw how hard everyone was working we always wanted to provide a tip to show our appreciation. Also, the Dominican Republic has an entrance fee to the country of $10 per person in American cash to pay at the airport once you arrive. So once you get off the plane, come prepared - that is what they are asking for when you go through customs.

I hesitate to share this review with others because I don't want this little slice of heaven to become too crowded or difficult to book in the future.

Upon leaving the general Manager Ambioris Zorrilla (who we often saw making sure everything was in top shape) gave us his card and asked us about our stay. We told him we will definitely be back!  Thanks to everyone at Zoetry for making our stay over the top!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dan L

Dear Guest,

Taguey: Good Day/Good Sun,

I am thrilled to read your review, and on the behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank personally for expressing your satisfaction regarding your stay among us.

Our "hidden Garden of Eden" as you mentioned it, will always be defined as "a private secret spot". With his relaxing atmosphere, his culinary experience, his wellness focus and his kind employees, Zoetry Agua focus on a personal treatment, and the hotel size helps us to get a close attention to our guest.

If you enjoyed to the fullest your vacations, then your memories are the best award for us...Hopefully on your next visit, we can create new memories, by surprising your with new concepts and a more dedicated service.

Again thank you so much for those great comments, who bring joy, happiness and energy to us....

Namaste and see you very soon...