“A vacation you will never forget”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #2 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was our second trip to a Zoetry all-inclusive resort. Our first was for our honeymoon in 2009 to the Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita in Cancun. We absolutely loved the time we spent there so we knew we had to try Zoetry Agua in Punta Cana. We absolutely loved this experience as well and we are already planning the time to try the Zoetry in Cabo San Lucas. My husband and I want to eat great food and drink great drinks and, most importantly, relax and not be around too many people while on vacation so this resort is right up our alley. Here are some thoughts about what we experienced:

The people: Very helpful, professional, kind and observant. After a couple of days everyone knew us by name. Joaquim and Eddie at the Canoa lobby bar were the best! If you like, they will chat and answer questions about life in the Dominican Republic. You have to try the Dominican Republic's national drink..... the "Mama Juana"....be prepared, it is strong. After a couple you'll be ready for a nap! Joaquim and Eddie can fix any drink under the sun and all that I tried were wonderful. I want to send them a big thank you for all the laughs we shared. The Canoa is open from 9 am till 1 am for couples who like to have a few late night drinks after dinner. It's a great spot to mingle and say hello to other guests.

I read on some not so positive reviews that people got a bit frustrated because they felt they had to wait too long for service at the restaurants. My answer to this is: relax and take in the scenery as you sip your cocktail while you wait for your food to be served. Are you in a rush on vacation? Zoetry is about relaxation so just take it easy, order a "Coco Loco" and spend time talking to your partner as you wait for the food to arrive.

The room: very spacious, very clean and smelled wonderful. Ladies will love the Bulgari bath soaps, shampoos and lotions. We stayed in the Agua suite so we could jump into a pool just by stepping off our patio. Room service was wonderful. They always came when we were out of the room and everything was pristine when we came back. Currently the resort has around 50 rooms but around 40 more are being constructed. There was construction going on while we were there but I did not find any noises to be distracting. You will not hear anything on the beach as the sound of the ocean and wind drown out all other noises.

The food: Absolutely phenomenal! Fresh and organic. My husband and I are foodies so the quality of our meals is important to us. There are three restaurants on the resort. The Indigo is beach side and is where you will eat lunch everyday (unless you want room service). The menu has many different options so you can try something new every day. I was in love with the seafood ceviche and ordered this as an appetizer almost every day. Another favorite was the skirt steak with chimichurri sauce. Also, you can ask your hostess you would like to try the chef's paella (this isn't an item on the menu). Believe me, this paella was incredible! I've had paella in Andalucia and Zoetry's paella topped all the paellas I tried in Spain. I recommend not getting an appetizer if you order the paella so you can save room! Also, you will have to ask your host or hostess for the paella a day in advance due the prep time to make the dish.

Another restaurant is the Amaya. This is where breakfast is served every day and dinner on some nights. I have to say the Amaya was my favorite. Breakfast starts with a basket of fresh pastries with fruit preserves and butter. The fresh watermelon and passion fruit juices were so delicious. Every morning my husband and I were greeted by Fernando and Wharton by name and with a smile. Fernando asked us almost every day if everything was going well. I never had any complaints but I know if I did, Fernando would have done something about it right away. Everyone at the Zoetry is concerned with how your stay is going so don't hesitate to ask for something if you need it. You have to try the eggs Benedict at least once and also the Dominican Republic's traditional breakfast. I bet there are 1000 different ways to prepare plantains in the DR. My favorite was the mangú served with the traditional breakfast.

The third restaurant is the Olena which is open for dinner on various nights. The decor is wonderful and the menu is fantastic. Everything I ordered was delicious. No complaints whatsoever.

This resort is all about relaxation, great food and pampering. There are no casinos or night clubs. So if you want a lively resort with lots of party goers, you may find Zoetry a too low key. However, there are activities such as horseback riding on the beach, yoga, water sports, excursions etc. Ask for Ansy and he will tell you about all that is offered. There is also a Spa where you can get messages, facials, manicures, pedicures and body wraps. Also, the spa has a wonderful water therapy pool. I didn't try it out since I wanted to spend my time by the pool and the beach.

The only thing I would change about this trip is completely out of Zoetry's control. Although the resort fumigated the grounds almost daily, the mosquitoes were a pain in my butt (literally). In general mosquitoes love me but the buggers in Punta Cana actually bit me through my clothes!! I had mosquito bites on my rear end and you can rest assured that this part of my body was never exposed to fresh air. I had to smash mosquitoes not just on my skin but on my clothes. The repellent works but I still suffered quite a few bites in the evenings. I never got attacked during the day on the beach or by the pool but at night they come out in droves. So don't get distracted with drinks at the Canoa lobby bar and be sure to ask Eddie or Joaquim for the repellent they keep behind the counter. Spray liberally! My advice is to bring extra repellent and a product that will help with the itching in case you get a bite. I bought cortizone cream at the boutique but that didn't do much to help. I recommend bringing a spray that contains lidocaine or something stronger if you can get it. Bringing Benadryl would also be a good idea. Also, there are products specifically for repelling tropical insects and for tropical insect bites that you can order and bring with you before your trip. Mosquitoes may not like you as much as they do me but come prepared in case you get bitten.

We love the Zoetry and sincerely hope everyone else loves it as much as us. I will be sure to write a review after we visit Zoetry in Cabo.

Room Tip: Bottom floor agua suite was fantastic. Quiet and cool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Guest

Taiguey: Good Day/Good Sun

Sunny greetings from Paradise! It is a real pleasure to read such a nice review about our Property. On the behalf of the entire Zoetry Team, I would like to thank you for letting the rest of the world known about the Caribbean Joy.

I am thrilled to see you did enjoy your experience with us. It sounds like you already know all our staff and they took good care of you. Our goal is to create great memories and we focus our days to make you feel relax during your vacations. The Zoetry Agua is more than a Caribbean resort, it is an experience, a unique way of life.

It could be a great Paella on the Beach or a Local Dominican Cocktail like the "Mama Juana" by the Pool, but no matter what, we will always try to make your experience different and relaxing.

regarding the mosquitos, those "invaders" will have, hopefully, only few days left. We are currently working on a different treatment to make them "disappear" or at least make them go to a further location. Obviously we life on a Tropical island and as you could see, the beauty of our Resort reside on our privacy but this has something some downside.

Again that you for choosing our Resort to spend your precious vacations, and please let us know about your experience on the Los Cabos Zoetry next year.

regards

Lionel Gomez

There are newer reviews for Zoetry Agua Punta Cana

Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was our 2nd trip to Zoëtry in 2 years. We came for our honeymoon in August of 2011, and came in June of 2013 for our anniversary. Just like our first trip, everything was “over the top”. We booked through Apple Vacations and when we arrived at the airport we had a van transport us to the resort. Yes it took an hour and yes the ride was a little rough, but that has nothing to do with the resort. Once we arrived we were greeted with a “welcome home”, damp cloths and a glass of passion fruit tea.

The construction noise was hardly noticeable and barely worth mentioning.

The room:
When we checked in we were told we were upgraded to a room with direct access to the pool. We were a little nervous because we liked our 2nd floor room with a balcony so much last time. The room was great, no thatched roof which made it a little cooler. The views were still there and having the pool right outside the door was really nice for days when we wanted to be by the pool with a little privacy.

Room/Maid Service:
They came 3 times a day just like last time (morning, afternoon, and turn down), and our mini fridge was also stocked every day. A couple of days we had surprise treats randomly delivered to our room.
When we ordered from room service the food arrived very quickly.

Spa:
The spa is very relaxing. We thoroughly enjoyed our 50-minute massages.

Food/Restaurants:
The food was just as good, if not better than the last time. The menus for each restaurant didn’t change much, but every couple days there would be a different item. We had a romantic beach dinner one night and it was really nice.
The only “bad” thing was that we missed was the wine pairing dinner. The printers weren’t working one day so the Sun Dial didn’t print and they moved it to the next night, but there was a wedding that night so they just cancelled it.

Bars/CoCo Café:
Never had to wait for a drink at the lobby bar, and there was always someone walking around by the pool making sure we were good on drinks. The drinks were all outstanding too. Make sure you try the Mama Juana!
The coffee was great, and we really enjoyed the coffee of the day and Sangria Time.

Pool/Beach
The pool is gorgeous with a great view of the beach. A few paint chips, but who cares? Every morning the staff was cleaning the pool and the debris off of the beach.

Staff:
The entire staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome, but there are a few who need special shout outs.

Benjamin: We remembered him from 2 years ago. He went above and beyond to make sure we were happy and had anything we wanted. We skipped dinner one night and he brought us dinner right down to the lobby bar. Two of the days he personally brought chocolate covered fruits and champagne to our room.

Juan Hilario: He is such a nice guy. He made great coffee and constantly made sure we had enough snacks or Sangria. We sat there and talked with him about lots of things and he tried his best to teach us the Spanish words for everything.

Joaquin: He was our bartender every night in the lobby bar. He made great drinks and always made sure our glasses were full and that he had some Mama Juana.
We especially enjoyed his singing and dancing!

Geordani: Every day for lunch she would great us with a “Hello Mr. Shane and Mrs. Megan” and make sure we got anything we wanted. She brought out the chef and introduced us, asked what our favorite foods were and had it ready for us the next day

Dayanara/Fernando:
They were both very sweet and always made sure we had everything we needed at breakfast and dinner.

Ambioris: Another extremely nice guy! We’d randomly see him walking around and he would make sure we had anything we needed. He also set it up so that we could nail a sign on the beach with our name and hometown on it since we were repeat visitors.

Francis: Was very friendly and always stopped to chat with us. He had his hands full one night trying to teach a bunch of intoxicated Americans how to dance Merengue.

Eduardo: Took great care of us at our beach dinner, and did a great job describing every dish he brought us.

Kale: Was very helpful with some suggestions to ease up stomach issues and we liked his walking tour explaining all the plants and trees.

Our only complaint is that one afternoon/evening they had local vendors come in with their art and other items. That was fine normally we would just avoid something like this, but they were setup right in front of Amaya, so we had to walk past them to get to our room and to get to dinner. They made it very hard to get past and when you told one no, another would just step in front of you.

And stay away from the Vacation Club meeting thing. Takes a long time and it’s very expensive.

Overall it was a great trip as expected and we can’t wait to come back!

3  Thank Shane H
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I just spent a week at Zoetry and we had a truly wonderful experience. Just so you know, I travel almost weekly for work, so I feel like I have a grip on reality in terms of what to expect when you're away from home. I read a lot of reviews on Trip Advisor and question the emotional stability of some of the people who complain about things that ultimately don't matter in my opinion. If this resonates with you, then you should read this review.

Everything at Zoetry was top notch - food, service, rooms, grounds, beach, spa services- everything. After reading about the construction in some of these reviews, I was tempted to cancel. So glad I didn't. The intrusion is minimal, if at all. Construction was to one side of the resort, so we seldom heard it. Here's the highlights of this wonderful resort:

Seclusion. Yes, it's an hour from the airport and yes, it's a harrowing drive. But it's well worth it. Zoetry is very private and located 5 miles away from the next resort. You won't see kids on water slides or 20 year-olds taking shots by the pool. It's quiet, very relaxed and for couples.

The Beach. The beach is beautiful, pristine and well maintained. You will never have to reserve a chair for yourself or worry about leaving your stuff on the beach as you swim. There's even a little rack to put your flip flops on before you hit the beach. A server comes by every 15 mins to see if you would like another drink (yes, please). There's even guys in green uniforms whose job it is to rake up seaweed. That's how much they maintain this resort.

Service is outstanding. The waitstaff is beyond accommodating and very sweet. I really can't believe how rude some of the reviews are about the "language barrier". You are in another country, after all. The staff's english was far better than my spanish.

The food was amazing. Fresh fish, beef and chicken dishes. I ate ceviche twice a day and the Chef baked a tiny cake for me on the birthday that was insanely great. The portions were normal sized, so if you're expecting Claim Jumper sized portions, you will be disappointed. But if you still want to gorge yourself, you can order as much as you want. Order 10 plates, nobody will bat an eye. I know we certainly did. Oh and room service is wonderful if you want to eat in private.

Alcohol was abundant and high quality. Best pina coladas I've ever had. Wine selection was great. Champagne delicious.

Rooms were clean, beautiful and well kept. Nothing more annoying than hearing housekeeping knocking on doors with room keys and yelling "housekeeping" every two seconds at 8am. Housekeeping at Zoetry were ghosts. You never hear them or see them coming or going into your room (as long as you put the do not disturb on while you're in there). They were so quiet and left the room immaculate. And who doesn't love coming back from dinner to find flowers and chocolates on your bed? And the beds are awesome, too. AC was cranking in our room, no bugs and no lizards in the room.

Yes, there are mosquitoes, but it's the Caribbean. That's what happens there. The resort fumigates daily and does what they can to minimize the problem.

Zoetry really wants you to be happy with your vacation, so if there's something you want just ask.

We'd definitely go back and were beyond satisfied with our vacation. If you want to ask me questions about this place, please feel free to email me on here.

Room Tip: We were in room 7 - quiet, AC was perfect, bottom level. Far from construction.
1  Thank christina s
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This will be a helpful review as I am well-traveled. I depended on Trip Advisor greatly when selecting this resort. We returned June 19th 2013.

The Construction:
Yes, they are working on replacing roofs, walking bridges, and building new rooms for expansion. The new buildings are off to the side and are not really connected directly with where the people staying there have to interact with it. The noise and inconvenience was minimal. Certainly nothing to freak out about or change plans over. I was worried based on some reviews but breathed a sigh of relief that it in no way ruined my trip. No worries!!!

The room:
The room was very nice. I paid for a "Garden View Room." After reading the reviews and seeing the map of the property, I emailed Zoetry ahead of time and requested a lower level room and asked that it be close to the larger serpentine pool. (that would be an upgrade) Upon checking in, Zoetry offered this upgrade (they were not filled up due to the slower season) and gave me a swim up room. The lower level is the way to go. The lower levels do not have the thatched roof ceiling which makes all the difference. The room was a bit humid upon entering. It had air but was only somewhat effective. The room was very clean. Upon getting in, I looked for bugs and found none. The room was well maintained. After being in the room, 2 mosquitoes, 2 fruit flies, 4 tiny ants, and one lizard (first night only) were spotted in the room. We did put towels down in the cracks at night which did the trick. We brought tape as was recommended by others but didn't use it. However, people who had rooms in the upper levels were more affected by bugs. This is why I would only stay on the lower level of the property. The air was worse in upper rooms as well. The air issue was addressed across the property a few days into the stay. This pleased everyone. Ours wasn't horrible to begin with and only improved. The rooms have shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and body wash. These are replaced a couple of times a day. They have a steam wand as an iron, ironing board, hair drier, Deep Woods Off, umbrella, mini bar, safe, DVD player, and iPod docking alarm clock. The sockets are U.S.A sockets. No issues there. The shower can be seen from the bed in my room configuration. Not a big deal unless you are rooming with someone you would rather not give that view to. The toilet is a room with a door. The shower was always hot no matter the time of day. However, the water quality or the conditioner was not enough to leave my long hair untangled. I highly recommend to pack a spray detangler for your hair after your shower.

The Grounds:
The grounds are beautiful. Pictures don't do it justice. The pool is a little paint chipped but in no way impacts the pool usage. I was in it a bunch. I recommend bring a couple of easy to pack rafts for the pool. Mine were used a great deal. Any items left on the private patio to dry were left untouched. I did not see any rats. However, one rat was spotted during my week stay by someone else. There are plenty of cute turtles and lizards. Strangely, there are not many seagulls there and only a few pelicans on the beach. I did not see one cockroach on the grounds.

The beach is very clean where the Zoetry property lines are concerned. The beach is well attended to by staff/waitstaff and beach towels are offered at the pool and beach. Beach bags were not provided to guests during my stay. There is decent snorkeling just off the shore and is marked. Sea urchins, fish, etc can be seen there. Kayaking is offered. There are water excursions offered for money to the left on the beach from 9 am-4 pm.

The Food:
The food is very good. People went to Dreams Resort and said the food wasn't even close. Some went to the Magic Show or Casino there for the evening, but said the "cruise-like" atmosphere and kids made Zoetry look so much better. The pizza at Indigo is very good (and I am from Chicago, so I know). Turkey bacon is not on the breakfast menu so request it. Once I found out, I usually got it when requested. The passion fruit and melon juices are very good. The lobster roll is good in Olena. Indigo's paella is unbelievably good. However, it is not on the menu and must be requested a day in advance. So worth it!!! Lobster can usually be requested for room service and at restaurants if requested. Food can be delivered anywhere...room, beach, patio, pool...just let them know. If you have to leave for a day trip give 45 minutes for room service delivery. It can be slow. Ask for it early so you don't have to wolf it down like we did in 5 minutes. The beach dinner (Caribbean night) and Author's dinner were very good and offered different choices. Otherwise, the menus are all pretty much the same each day. I also recommend the grouper, saffron rice with mushrooms, ceviche, and the rice pudding. Get your coffee at Coco Cafe. It is the best there. They serve coffee in tiny dixie cups so pack your own travel mugs. They will fill them.
If you want more or bigger portions, just ask them. They will accommodate.

Service:
Many orders came out wrong. It is what it is. I asked for stuff in Spanish (bring a Spanish/English dictionary) and some staff spoke great English. One time the waiter read off exactly what we ordered to make sure it was accurate and was spot on. However, there may still be errors with the cooks reading the order slip. Just understand that it will happen...sometimes more often that you would want. Just work with them on that one. Be happy when it is correct like we were. When it is...it is really good. The food is good and fresh overall no matter. Everyone is very very friendly. They learn who you are quickly and work long days. They are there to do their best and with a smile. Warton and Fernando were among my favorites.

Excursions:
The horseback riding included at the resort is really good and recommended. Reserve a spot and it is on Saturdays, Wednesdays and Mondays at 3:30. The place to meet the horses is on the beach to the right where there is a sideways log set up to tie the horses at. The horses are healthy, super well-trained, though skinny. All animals in DR are skinny. They do not eat corn feed like in the states.
Bike ride at Zoetry also good. Ainsy-the guide was super cool. He is really fun and took us for ice cream. He also took us to some shops off of Zoetry where you can purchase some "ideal items to consume" and art. Bring cash. We were ill prepared for that. Ainsy fronted us and we paid him back upon return. Great guy.
Many of the "scheduled daily events never happened." Rain wasn't even a factor. Dance lessons at night, cocktail making classes, cigar rolling (is just cigar sales) and Stretching morning class never happened during the week I was there. The yoga did happen and was great. I just wished there was more follow through on these things since there is already limited things to do at Zoetry. It was kind of a bummer.

Off of Zoetry I recommend highly the Fun Fun Cave and the Zip lining excursions. Just be in the lobby on time or they may leave without you. We missed the dune buggy tour by five minutes with no refund. We paid for these online in advance through Viator.com.

Tips for the traveler:
I brought a lighted mirror based on the comments of the dim bathroom but never needed it.
I brought tape for door cracks and never needed it. Just use towels for the bottom.
Instead of OFF or Deet, I searched online and found that pure catnip oil extract wards of mosquitoes well. It is all natural and smells like wood (much better than chemicals). A small bottle ran me $25 but so well worth it and used it instead. Worked like a charm! Have left overs from the little bottle.

Long pants and collard shirts for guys at dinner. Ladies...just something classy. I wore cotton sundresses.
80s year round for high, bring a light jacket only. Can get breezy at night but not cold.
Can get a bottle of sparkling wine a day. Won't come automatically...so request it with a bucket of ice.
Tub can be a bit "cozy" for two average sized people (130 lb and 190 lb). Just an FYI.
Get rafts that just have the rims of them inflated and pack easy. Mine are from Swim Ways. Bring an ipod with a speaker...there is no pool music.
Don't worry so much of theft. Safe worked well and watch left out was never touched...nor was phone.
Bring singles and tip. Minimum wage out there is under $2 U.S. dollars an hour. Not to say they make that, but hook em up. They deserve it.
If the staff tell you to show up to a "romantic date" with a time set on a piece of paper, don't be late. They went through a lot of trouble to create something special for the two of you and will be waiting.
They do run on island time in certain aspects...just be patient.
The bug spraying is not 5:30 sharp. It can start long after that time.
Bring DVDs. We went through 4 or 5 movies at night when options at the resort were limited.
Use the Spa. It is open from 8 to 8. It has awesome jets, a sauna, steam room, relaxing area, showers without paying additional.
Take advantage of the included 20 minute Swedish Massage at the spa. Just reserve your spot at the spa desk. Very nice, in a wonderful room with nice table.
Take the $80 (+ tip) U.S dollar cab ride from the airport to the resort. It is quick and painless. Some road improvements have been made but there still are sketchy areas. one hour ride.
The front desk can assist you in the return back to the airport.
Oh, and they have Grey Goose now. Party on!
Bring coffee travel mugs.

11  Thank TravelinFoolChicago
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Just returned from the most gracious and pampering all inclusive resort: Zoetry Agua! From the moment we arrived for our delight 5 night stay we felt so welcomed and cared for by all of the staff. Cheerful EDDY made our resort tour informative and fun ending up in our Suite. There was nothing that Eddy wouldn't take of for us and needs arose.

BENJAMIN spoiled us with specialized deliveries of champagne, chocolate dipped fruits and breakfast while keeping our mimi-bar perfectly stocked!

FRANCIS, entertainment director, kept us busy with dance lessons, horseback riding, laughs at the bar and a bike tour.

JOCHIUM was the best bar tender at the lobby bar. He always kept us laughing and he knew how to make every beverage requested - and then some!

HECTOR was a #1 server along with so many others! Everyone knew our names and took excellent care of us!

The only difficult thing is coming home and NOT having housekeeping service three times a day, having all means expertly created, 24 hour room service and missing our new "cousins" at the Zoetry. We really do miss the staff, including the very gracious manger, ALAIN. Thank you for a wonderful time. (Honestly the construction was not an issue for us.)

Room Tip: I liked the upstairs suites because of the tall ceilings and view of the grounds from our lanai.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Zoetry Agua Punta Cana for 5 days/4 nights in June 2013. We loved it. Staff is completely accomodating and friendly. They want to make sure your stay is the best experience ever....'over the top' they say.

It is the real deal when they say 24 hour room service (I ordered lobster,shrimp cocktail and champange at 6pm as a pre-dinner snack....delivered with no problem).

Food is excellent...top notch. The chef (Maximo, in my case) will make you off-menu items for lunch if you simply ask your waiter day prior.

Drinks are indeed top shelf...and plentiful (I personally drank every color of the rainbow...frozen and not frozen). try the mamajuana, choco-loco and banana-colada...

We were upgraded to an ocean front room, lower-level with a plunge pool....over the top. There is constructon going on the left side of the resort as you face the ocean. We heard none, but we were on the ocean and only heard waves crashing...but I imagine staying elsewhere, you may hear some if you are in the room during the day (which you will not be...)...but it is on the opposite side of where most of the garden/pool rooms are so likely not an issue.

I suggest staying at the resort during your time....do not do Catalina trip or other fishing/off-resort activities unless you are staying over 7+ days...not worth it....food is too good, resort is so quiet, drinks are constant and too relaxing at the property to stress yourself with bus rides...

We will make it back someday....

4  Thank WestyJerseyShore_NJ
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Just got back from our 3rd trip to Zoetry and we had a wonderful time as usual. We love the grounds, the beach, and the food, but most of all the people who work there. Each time we have visited they have taken such good care of us and been so sweet and friendly. Our home life is hectic and busy so this resort is perfect for us, as we need some time to decompress and relax with no worries. We have traveled once as a couple and twice as a family (with our 2 daughters and their friends who are all in their early 20s), and we are all in love with this resort. The pace here is slow and easy, and even at full capacity it never feels crowded. Everyone drifts through their days eating, sleeping, and swimming, but if you need something more to do there are plenty of activities and excursions to go on. It's definitely not a party at the pool/volleyball on the beach kind of place - which is why we like it.

Below are some observations and notes to address any concerns you might have – please feel free to contact me if you have any questions – I can’t say enough good things about this place and would be happy to help if you need anymore info.

Distance from the airport: We actually look forward to the ride to and from Zoetry. It takes you through town and then through the countryside, and we find it very interesting and are happy we get to see more than just the airport and the resort. We had our driver stop at one of the open air bars along the way so we could pick up some of their local beer (Presidente) for the ride. There is a free bike tour you can do as one of the activities at Zoetry which we did one day and had a blast. You ride back up the road you came in on, but slow enough to take in the scenery and hear the chickens, horses, and livestock that you pass, and say “Ola” to some locals as you ride by. Note to management though – even though the bikes are cute and have some charm, they need some TLC and oil or possibly replacement. We had a great time, but they were a bit squeaky, had some low tires, and the brakes weren’t working on one of them (which made it more of an adventure but could cause a problem for someone…)

Mosquitoes & Bugs: You are going to run into these everywhere, including your backyard at home – so come prepared with some repellent and spray it on liberally. You also should bring something to stop the itching because even if you use repellent you will probably get at least a few bites, and there are lots of anti-itch creams out there for this purpose that work great. We always pack a first aid kit along with this and antacids in case anyone runs into issues.

Rooms: This year we were lucky enough to stay in a beachfront room and it was heaven, but all of the rooms are great and nothing is more than a minute walk to the beach, so whatever you go with you will not be disappointed. The materials from the flooring to the linens are all top notch, and we have been impressed and happy with each room we have stayed in

Food & Drinks: The food is wonderful and the presentation is downright artistic. Most of their ingredients are locally grown and salads are often fresh from their garden. We were never disappointed, and Chef Livio and the Food Manager Ambrose are eager to please and hear your feedback. We had a group of 6 and one afternoon asked the Chef to make a dinner for us that night off menu and surprise us with the dishes, and this was a fantastic four course treat. Also Giordani at Indigo had the chef make us the most amazing, huge dish od Paella for lunch one day, along with some other surprises and things off menu throughout the week. We all loved the food and are baffled by the reviews that say otherwise. Also if you notice how extraordinary the service is, please consider tipping as you would back home. It is never expected or asked for, but everyone here works so hard and they do it with incredible grace and hospitality, and tips are much deserved.

Cleanliness & Rodents: I never saw anything except for a glimpse of some really cute cats that walked by my room, a really large Beetle (normal for the Jungle), a fly here and there, and of course mosquitoes. The grounds and the beach are lush and immaculate.

Construction: They are expanding on the left side of the resort (if you are facing the ocean) and are adding 45 new rooms, another restaurant, and a pool with a swim up bar. They will also be expanding the spa, Amaya restaurant, and doing maintenance on the walkways. I believe this is going on through November and is being done in phases. We were very worried when we heard this was happening as we did rent a house in Florida once without knowing there was construction going on next door and the noise was awful for our whole trip. Before coming we called and expressed concern and the manager Alain who is fantastic at running this resort assured us it was not bad, talked us off the ledge, and promised that our trip would be very enjoyable, which it absolutely was and we were very happy that we didn’t change our plans to come here. There is definitely some noise but you can’t hear it at the main pool or on the beach. On the main property, you can hear it off and on but it's not constant, and what you did hear when out on the property seemed distant. It was good that we were prepared to hear it so we were ready and understood there would be some, but after a few days we all laughed at how silly it was that we were worried. It is a concern because you will hear some noise off and on and it's good to be aware of it, but even with the noise, I would still rather come here than anywhere else. There is a review on May 22 titled "Don't waste your money" which freaked us out a little before our trip. Please don't worry about that review - this kind of person is probably the biggest kind of rodent you will find if you do come here. Unfortunately there are some people that are just plain jerks and rude to the staff and sadly you will probably spot a few on your visit.

Language & Staff: The Dominicans here are the best people I have ever met. Their service level here is better than anything I have received in the States, and every single person I met here from the front desk, maid service, gardeners, wait-staff, entertainers, and managers, were sweet, friendly, and always had a warm smile. As for a language barrier most of the staff knows English well and they go out of their way to make you comfortable and understand what you need. We never had any communication issues and had great laughs and conversations with everyone here, but if you run into a problem for some odd reason, use a smile and your pointer finger and you’ll be fine. Whatever you do, please don't be one of those ahem "jerks". You can also just say “Coco Loco Por Favor”, and you’ll be pleased with the outcome. Our group also tried to work on our Spanish while we were there and they were very encouraging and helpful.

As for our friends that we have made at Zoetry: Alain, Fernando, Giordani, Dayanara, Franklin, Dianisio, Yahaira, Hector, Benjamin, Juaquin , Juan Hilario, Rosalia, Franklin, Annie, Magali, Chef Livio, & Ambrose: Hasta que nos encontremos de nuevo – You are all “over the top” and I thank you for everything! We will be back next year and can’t wait to see your new additions!

4  Thank embc109