I'll start out by saying (typing) that I would have given this place 3.5 stars, but there are no halfsies on Trip Advisor and it's not quite a 4.
Because I have a lot of information here, I'm going to use bullet points to be as concise as possible.
At the end, click on HELPFUL if this was useful to you! Thanks.
Here goes.....in no particular order:
* The A/C in the room worked marvelously! Cool all week, if not cold.... just the way I like it.
* TONS of mosquitos. Be aware of that. It's no fault of the hotel. It's the Dominican Republic. The hotel does what it can: sprays the property daily (don't breath at 530p) and has cans of repellent everywhere for your use. However, it's sticky. Bring your own good stuff. And keep in mind, you have to slather it on EVERY MINUTE OF THE DAY, including while in your room. I came home with about 25 mosquito bites even though I used bug spray at all times.
* Most of the staff is very friendly. A couple of duds, but hey, overall very good. Our favorite was FLOR. She's adorable and made us feel at home every single day. We loved her. Frankie, not to forget the men, was also a winner! (Bartenders could be a little more lively to get the party started.)
* NO wi-fi as advertised. I was really aggravated at this. Even though it was a vacation, I have to work a couple of hours every day. One of the reasons I chose this was because they advertised wi-fi everywhere. Only working wi-fi was in the lobby, so everyday both of us had to cart everything to the lobby and do our work on a lounger. Not so accommodating. Tons of excuses too. "No parts." "Waiting on equipment from the US." (Although I was told it had not been working for months.) No one really seemed too concerned about this. So if you need to stay connected, this place is not for you.
* I saw advertisements for 25 miles of sugar-white beaches. The beach sand is brown.
* You do get a "real escape" feeling here. Many times, although the hotel was full, we felt like we had the place to ourselves. Loved that.
* Rooms were nice. We had #9. Great shower and water pressure... and plenty of hot water, except around 5p. Plenty of good, attentive cleaning service, too.
* If you have transportation from the airport that makes other hotel stops, know that you will be the last drop off as this is the furthest most point. Two hours to get to hotel. One hour if direct and nonstop.
* The food was just ok. The main dishes (lobster, churrasco, filet) were good, but everything else very average: vegetables, chips, snacks. etc. Wine served at dinner was not good. They do serve a "special" wine bottle that changes daily and prices range from $19 to $69 (that we saw during our stay).
* There were bugs in our hotel room. Again, this is the Dominican! I only partly fault the hotel. The hotel could be more helpful however as there are big gaps under the patio door, under the main door, and all around the sliding glass door (it didn't fit tight against its frame). We caught (and released) 1 honey bee, 3 roaches, and had many mosquitoes. During our last breakfast, in the Amaya, I had a 2" cucarracha crawling across my stomach while eating my eggs. I yelled, danced around, and couldn't finish the meal.
* Although the hotel advertises a dressier attire for the restaurants, I took nicer clothes for no reason. As long as men have on long trousers for dinner, you can go in jeans, cargos, etc. Don't take fancy clothes. You won't need them.
* There are plenty of sun-loungers for you around the pools so don't feel the need to run out early and reserve one. Also, many palapas on the beach so you'll always have that option too.
* TV - yes, it's a vacation and I watched TV. Sue me! They have DISH network with LOADS of channels.... lots of English and Spanish and some Italian, French, German, Russian, etc.. Something for everyone.
* The bed and pillows were very comfortable!
* You get in/out of the Punta Cana airport very easily and quickly.
* Always lots of workers around the hotel. Mowing, cutting, spraying, etc.
* They provide as much bottled water as you can drink. Our room was always stocked.
* Complimentary daily bottle of rum in your room. :)
* Three restaurants on the premises: Olena, Amaya, and Indigo. For dinner and lunch they are all not opened at the same time. One night you may get an option of one. Another night you may have your choice of two. Breakfast is always in the Amaya.
* Ocean is beautiful, but must have been stirred up while we were there. Tons of stuff floating around and appeared brown like the Ohio river.
* We were a little bothered by the clip-clop of shoes in the room above us late at night. This did not in any way ruin our vacation.
* The place is in need of revamping and structural work. Many bungalows/units have blue tarps on top of them and I'm assuming that is to keep water out where it may be leaking through the thatched roofs. Also, several staircases to the second floor rooms are without stairs.
They had Belvedere vodka. :)
I hope this was helpful. Although we give this a 3.5, we really did come back relaxed (and bitten).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly located along a 200 yard stretch of pristine beach on the easternmost Coast of the Dominican Republic in Uvero Alto, Zoetry Agua Punta Cana is a sanctuary of supreme relaxation integrated with nature. With 96 ultra-luxurious suites nestled throughout the beautifully-manicured gardens of this oceanfront Caribbean resort created from natural stones, hardwoods, cathedral ceilings and cane-thatched roofs, guests can spend afternoons swimming in the calm, tranquil ocean waters, under a palm tree in one of the inviting lounge terraces, or staring out at the beautiful garden or ocean views from their own private terrace or balcony. Zoetry Agua Punta Cana provides guests Endless Privileges® offering them limitless access to lavish amenities and services that include four gourmet a la carte restaurants, three bars and lounges, while the Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience provides 41 additional dining and entertainment venue options at nearby sister properties. 24-hour dining options allow guests to enjoy late night bites at Amaya. Or stay in and order room service. It’s all available at any hour day or night. The resort also features a luxurious spa filled with Natura Bisse products and an extensive menu of unique and indigenous body treatments. A full-service fitness center, salon and meeting facilities are also available to guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Zoetry Agua Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Agua Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Agua Hotel Punta Cana
- Agua Punta Cana