Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
$395
$201
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $259/night.

Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$412
$180
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $220/night.

Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$173
$108
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$293
$226
$573
$377
Bookit.com
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$352
$269
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$293
$212
$281
$239
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$391
$305
  • Breakfast included
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$371
$290
Priceline
4,653 results
All reviewsbutler bayronamaya restaurantroom servicedominican breakfasthorseback ridingour honeymoonspecial lunchpersonal butlerlaundry servicelobby barplunge poolrelaxing vacationbug spraythatched roofwelcome homesmall resortocean front
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Ill start with my review of the resort as most of you are probally not planning on getting married here but if you are do not hesitate to contact me and be sure to read the review below...

Pros: Food.. meat is deliverd fresh 3 times a week
The resort itself is beautiful.
THE STAFF, truely what makes this resort shine. From the hardworking maids and groundsmen to the charismatic bartenders, servers, etc the staff feels like old friends by the time you leave. which is actually the reason it has taken me so long to post this negative review becase you almost feel like your talking about a friend behind their back but the truth is people, especially brides should really know what kind of death trap they are entering into

Cons:
mosquitos, yeah i know youve read it before but we REALLY prepared, we brought OFF deep woods showering in that stuff, we drank alcohol while there (which supposedly is a turn off for mosquitos) but my husband came home with over 140 bites, im talking deep purple bites all over his legs. One of my bridesmaids had to go to the ER a week after coming home because her bite had swollen up. The resort does spray nightly around 4 but it almost doesnt even help.
Spa:
the sauna didnt work, the whirlpool didnt work, the steam room didnt work, the 2 therapuetic shower thingies by the pool didnt work...catch my drift...
And as for the free massages, many of my 30 guests were told there was no open spots for them to get the massages, it seemed like you would only be accomodated if you had booked another service you had paid for (like my father) Me and my husband did get out free masssage, after waiting 45 minutes past our appointment time...
We had one of the suites with the private plunge pool but nobody cleaned that thing the entire week we were there so it didnt get much use.
The first 2 days there were full of us taking ice cold showers. i called about no hot water no one came so i brought it up to the manager, he informed me that the showers are labeled wrong (cold = red not blue and hot = blue not red) so once someone came to show me how to use the showers that was better however why not just relabel the showers??
room service: heres the deal it took FOREVER, over an hour to get food at all after 5pm or so... even just chips and dip 45 minutes...
Free horse back riding: The scoop here is that they only offer this 3 days a week at 1 certain time. I BELIEVE it was sat mon and wednesday, well since most of my guests for my wedding stayed wed pm- mon am and the wedding was sat, none of us got to do this. A little misleading if you ask me to advertise free horseback riding but not specify that its 3 days a week and they only have a certain numbe rof horses and you have to make reservations at least a day ahead. when i asked them to arrange something different for us they said they would be happy to...for 50 bucks a horse...
A/C: i dont even like ac that much but i mean it doesnt work there and i mean i had 30 guests there so a large portion of the rooms apparently did not have functionoing ac, they said it never got cooler then 80 in anyones room, the morning of my wedding we were sweating our makeup off we were so hot getting ready so we called the front desk 4 times, never recieved a fan. They should just put 1 fan in each persons room period.
Drink selection: i mean your in the carribean what do you want to drink well i want a corona bad news here is i feel like they get 5 coronas a day or somethin gbecause they were always out of corona...

ok now for my wedding from hell story:
i want to preface this by saying this was not my first destination wedding ive attended, I know things are different in other countries, which is fine but if your bringing this business 30 guests including purchasing 8000 dollars worth of wedding services from them, youde deserve better then this:

First off, we went through 3 wedding planners while planning my wedding over a 14 month time period, never once did any of the new planners contact me to introduce themselves i would just Find out when i would email them randomly about a question and they would reply basically saying they had no idea who i was and they needed me to resend all my paperwork...
I had sent the wedding planner an email asking who the videographer company would be and if they had a website I could go to or if they had any sample work i could see (because the resort uses their own vendors) I was told no she was not sure and no there was no demos to see...When I arrive at the resort I find that the videographer and photogrophy company IS LOCATED AT THE RESORT they have an office there so of course she knew who they were and even more they havea facebook page that i could have definetly browsed over before my trip.
Part of the 4000 wedding package (we ended up spending 4000 more on extras) were several things that we never even got for example, unpacking service for bride and groom, nope. toasting flutes, nope. wedding cake we did get this but it arrived 2.5 hours after my reception had already begun, there are some other things but we wont dwell on this rip off...

The day before my wedding (after an intense hour meeting the day before planning all the details with the coordinator) my future mother in law of all people comes to track me down, saying the wedding coordinator told HER that my wedding would be moved from 430 to 7pm. I would like to reemphasize here that the wedding coordinator did not find it important to tell me the bride herself. When I went to find her I was informed that she was eating lunch and would be out when she was done. After I was forced to wait 30 minutes for her to finish eating she informed me that the judge had called and said he couldnt be there until 7 (its pitch black at 630) because he had other weddings. Now, I booked my wedding there 14 months in advance and was told I could pick what time i wanted the ceremony and never once was it explained to me by my wedding coordinator that in fact the judge gets to decide when your wedding is, not you...seems like something that could be communicated.
Her solution was to have one of the staff members marry us in a fake ceremony in the sunlight (for pictures) and then the judge could marry us legally when he got around to arriving... Obviously this was not ok with me, 2 hours later she comes up with the idea of having this american pastor marry us... i agree, she calls him and then tells me hes booked. at this point im bawling, picturing my wedding going on in pitch black, very angry that the judge situation was never discussed with me.... so i decide im going to call this pastor and basically offer im 1000 dollars to ditch his other wedding and come marry me and nick instead (i know, its evil, dont judge me) I insisted that I talk to him myself so she calls him and hands me the phone.... he immedietly tells me that he himself is booked but apparently he is part of a group of pastors that do weddings and one of them is free.... now why did it take hours of me crying, ruining the day before my wedding for this to get straightened out?? This should be the standard. It should be explained, the judges decide times, why dont you consider getting a pastor to have a weddin gin front of god and then (as we do in america) sign the marriage certificate after the ceremony!! It took me callin him on my own rather then this being planned or even explained as another option and that is HER JOB. I brought 30 people down there paid over 8000 dollars JUST IN WEDDING COSTS (dj, videography, wedding package, flowers) to them and a 3rd grader would have done a better job arranging this thing.
so now its the morning of the wedding and i was also told by the wedding coordinator someone would decorate the gazebo, nope. my family ended up doing it all by themself but was given a ladder that was broken to assist them....
the wedding coordinator, pastor and the guitarist were all late to the wedding and when they showed up it had started to rain, I made it very clear that if it was raining i wanted the ceremony moved to the lobby not outside in a gazebo with slated wood for a roof, i sent my mother in law to tell the wedding coordinator lets move the chair and she told her "no, hurry lets go" so, my wedding was held in teh rain against my will. Not very over the top if you ask me....
My family and friends are all huge Notre Dame fans and we had made plans to have a tv in the reception in a corner to see updates of the nd game that was that night, that didnt happen either...
not to mention when we walked (in the rain) to the restaurant where the reception was set to be held, nothing was decorated, ( i had brought hundreds of dollars worth of decorations, back home we had set up each table taken pictures printed out on paper how each table was supposed to be set up,) when we walked in, all my decorations were sitting in the suitcases i had brought them in and tables werent even pushed together yet and thebest part, other hotel guests were sitting eating in swim wear.... it was the worst feeling of my life... my family decorated for my reception during hte reception... i should add here that we had asked to have the restauarant close at 3 instead of 4 (weddings at 430) so that my family could decorate before arriving at the wedding and we were assured that the staff would have it decorated... guess not.
also, we lost power 3 different times during the reception so that was pretty awful as well.
after the reception, about 5 or 6 items never made it back to me including very expensive vases i had brought down.... i brought this up to management and the wedding planner and they said that they had the stuff and would drop it off at my room, well the majority of the stuff came back but as i already stated not all of it.

all in all, it hurts my heart when i look back at the disaster that was my wedding day. Save yourself or loved ones the heartache i experienced.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
14  Thank dawniegeorgean
AlainBERTHELOT, Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear guest,

While we respect each of our appreciated patron's unique opinions, we know our facts as well, etc.

At any rate, we apologize for the issues you encountered and advise you that we take all feedback as a favor, in order to accordingly improve our product/services.

Good luck !

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Place is really nice. Food is really good. The staff is very friendly. I got to know them by name. They were always on it. I would be sitting down by the internet cafe and someone would always come over to me and ask me if I needed anything. Could not have been happier with all of them. As far as the little things, the internet in the room stopped working, and there was not hot water in the spa area the last day. So what. Things happen. Things break. Big deal. That is not there fault. Here is the except part. The fuc*** Mosquitos. They were relentless. My daughter has 32 bites on her arms and legs. They sprayed everyday. What more could they have done? If you go to Zoetry make sure you bath in OFF.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Bartfirp
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for take part of your time to share this comment about your family stay with us.

We apologize for the inconveniences you got here, like you say-we do our best and will keeping doing more to make sure every guest have an unforgettable stay in this Paradise.

Thank you again for your comments about food, staff and everything else we offer to our clients.

We look forward to welcoming you again,

Best Regards!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Since my husband and I decided to go on vacation to escape the 'spring breakers', we decided on a quiet adults only resort. And what a choice it was for our first visit to the Caribbean! Far surpassed our expectations and we look forward to be back and even visit their other properties.

The staff was friendly and checked up on us every now and then. The restaurants were simply amazing! Fresh ingredients used in every meal. The beach was immaculate. We strolled down the shore and the beach in front of other hotels were not as nice - with washed up weeds and logs everywhere.

It was a great experience to escape from the humdrum of everyday life!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Wanderer_in_awe

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our luxury hotel for your vacation, and specially for posting this review.

Is more than our pleasure to serve you, and we will be exciting to welcoming you again on your next visit to the Caribbean.

Best regards!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Our two criteria for choosing our Honeymoon destination were: gourmet food and private white sandy beaches-- the Zoetry Auga was all that and much, much more. The entire staff was so friendly and professional-- they will stop and nothing to make sure that your needs are met and that you are having a wonderful time. The food is fresh and made to order with local ingredients, and you are seated at your own private table (no lines or buffets). When at the beach Alejandra brought us food and drinks all day long (try one of her margaritas!). There are a variety of low-key activities throughout the day and evening (Hi Chely!) & options to visit other resorts if you'd like. We can't say enough good things about this resort!

Thanks so much to the AMAZING staff for making our honeymoon so special-- we miss you!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RJDubbs
Paco A, Guest Relations Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing us for your stay at Dominican Republic & for this comment you posted.

We would like to thank you too for expressing about our staff,food,beach,service...

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Best regards!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have never written a review after vacationing, but after choosing the Zoetry Agua Punta Cana based on Trip Advisor reviews, I feel obligated. We cannot say enough good things! The staff was extremely accommodating. We felt that since our lives are so hectic, our priority was to get some much needed relaxation at an all-inclusive resort. Mission accomplished! Due to the fact the resort is adults only, we were able to spend countless hours poolside with next to no commotion; reading, snoozing, socializing, etc. We had a Pool side suite which we were very grateful for the free Upgrade and room was amazing!! . The rooms are soo beautiful and very very big and spacious you will definitely enjoy the room. The food is simply amazing no reservations needed as there is always a table ready for you!! And the room service is like nothing else I have ever experienced it was always on time and very delicious we tried everything during our stay.. The activities were so fun!!! We played Bingo with shots! !! (bingo, bingo! Bongo Bongo) Bachata lessons, and even had cooking class we helped make fajitas in the beach awesome!! Overall this place is truly special; you will not be disappointed I guarantee it. You feel like royalty every single day. Its somewhat spoiled to say... This experience, would NOT me my last, I would MOST DEFINITELY return and would refer anyone I know to stay at the Zoetry Agua Punta Cana.

I must express our appreciation to the following workers who went out of their way to make our vacation fantastic:

Francisco (bartender best coco locos and now Panchito Smoothie)
Yahira, Santa Isabel, Jeremias, Eudi, Alejandra (Ale), Juan Carlos, Miguel, Angel, Jamie, Franklin, Breilly. Gracias a TODOS!!!

Hotel Manager: Mr. Berthelot Gracias Por Todo!! You truly have a wonderful Staff, words cannot explain the feeling we have when we left. We have traveled a lot of place and different hotels and this was the first time we never wanted to leave. thank you and your staff for showing us Paradise..

The Zoetry Agua Punta Cana is remarkable Resort!

Room Tip: Room 2 suite. King Size Bed pool side room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Alberto C
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear Mr. Alberto & Family,

Thank you for choose this Paradise for your vacation, and for post your comment about how memorable was your stay here.

Thanks for talk about your room, service,food,activities and everything else.

We are looking forward and will be a pleasure to welcoming you back!