“Amazing Place, Amazing Staff, Amazing Trip”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #3 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
New York City, New York
“Amazing Place, Amazing Staff, Amazing Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

I just came back from my Best Friends wedding which was held at this resort. When we first arrived we were greeted with cold towels that felt great after the ride from the airport as well as iced cinnamon apple tea (delicious). We were given a tour of the resort and I noticed that everything seemed very clean. My room which I shared with two of my friends was really nice and spacious. I was in awe with the way that they built the bathroom, our shower had parts outdoors and the rest inside, it was different to anything I had ever seen. One of our friends had the pool front view (LOVED IT) we used to spend many hours of our days hanging out there.

The one thing I loved the most about this resort was the staff they went above and beyond to make us feel welcomed. By the second day the majority of them knew us by names which made us feel at home. Giordany was great she would make us the best morir soñando for breakfast as well as try to get us whatever we wanted to try. We would see her at breakfast and at lunch and she was always very accomodating.

Being that we were a big group we spent alot of time at the beach as well, and would order from there, we were blessed with Jahaira, she was great... As soon as she saw us gathering she would ask us what we wanted and was always great with her service. We loved eating the Empanadas that they make so she would always bring us trays of it when we were there. She was very friendly and made us feel right at home. The staff made sure that if there was anything we needed it would be taken care of. I will miss them

I also took advantage of the complimentary 20 min massage and it was amazing, as soon as you walk in the spa you feel at peace. It was very relaxing and the lady knew what she was doing.

One of our nights there we went out to a place called Mangu, the hotel ordered us cabs and they stayed with us till we were ready to come back. It made us feel safe that we were able to receive that kind of service. We also took advantage of the chance of being able to go to the Dreams resort and not having to pay for access to the club or casino, we had a great time there too.

The only bad thing I can say about this resort is the mosquito problem, if they can find a way to get that under control it would be a perfect place to stay.

Thanks to the Zoetry staff for making our trip a memorable one!

Room Tip: The pool front rooms, on the lower level are the best.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Vanessa S
Paco A, Guest Relations Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

We really apreciate your feedback, thanks for such a positives comments about your stay here.

We did our best to make of your wedding group vacation, unforgetable.

Giordany, Jahaira and all the staff would like to thank you for not forgetting our effort during your stay.

If you need any additional information, don't hesitate in contact us on concierge.zoapc@zoetryresorts.com

Warm Regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (865)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

If you're looking for nothing but relaxation and exceptional service then this is your place! I recently went for a wedding and the staff was so attentive to our needs. They knew us on a first name basis and made sure our stay was a pleasant one. There were alot of mosquitos but unfortunately that's the nature of the beast in the Carribean. The resort is fumigated twice a day, but you definitely need to bring your OFF!!! The hotel also provided the spray to us at no additional fee. Aside from all the staff always being in a nice cheery mood the food was DELICIOUS!!! The staff really try to make your stay a great one. Also take advantage of the complimentary 20 minute massage which actually felt longer. It was GREAT!!! More than i expected for a complimentary massage.

Overall I had a great experience..The rooms were not as cold as we would of liked them to be but it didn't put a damper in our trip. We had a suite with the shower outside..we were a little afraid at first since we were 3 girls sharing a suite but then we loved it!!!

Room Tip: Rooms that were located by the pool seemed to have more bugs than the rooms on the other side facing...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gissel R
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, these are very important for us.
We apologize about the bugs, despite the complementary repellents and fumigations; We are working harder to exterminate it, and give you a better experience your next visit to our Small Paradise.

Once again, thanks for share your experience with other and specially for your valued comments about our service and staff.

My Best Regards!
We Look forward welcoming you back
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Lets start with the good... The food was great, most of it was very yummy.
There was a couple of the staff that were VERY friendly and we loved (Like Juan and a couple others).
The resort was very beautiful and appeared relaxing...
But...
The beauty of the resort was a bit deceiving. Upon arrival we welcomed and were handed freezing cold towels and given a tour of the resort while our bags were delivered to our room. After a bit of touring the resort, we got back to our room to find no bags.. It took a little bit for us to get those.
Unfortunately all of the excitement stopped there, as it was very hot outside, we got to our 80degree room we literally roasted in our room waiting for our bags so we could change and head to the pool. We literally cooked in our room this entire trip.
The A/C never cooled the room below 79 (at NIGHT) and stayed hot during the day. We had hoped the first night that maybe they keep the a/c off when guests arent staying in the room and it would take the night to cool but, but morning it was only hotter.
Expedia called to ask how our stay was and I told them of the major discomfort of the room, also that our jacuzzi of which I thought I was paying for had no hot water whatsoever. I would have been at least happy with cold water to cool myself off or cold water from the fridge but unfortunately there was none of that either. I wondered to myself how the heck they got those front desk towels so cold when everything in the room is luke warm. Expedia asked for a new room for us and when the front desk called me to find out what happened, i explained to them my issues and they did not offer a room but that they would send maintanence, etc. She seemed a bit irritated that I had expressed my feelings to expedia without complaining to them first, but they called me to ask first thing in the morning and I wasnt going to lie. She re-enforced to bring all complaints to them because they are the ones who care about our stay. Well.... Nothing was ever fixed, no one ever checked in with us after maintanence came up. Still hardly any A/C, no hot water.. We honestly wanted to book our flight home the first day but as clearly stated on our expedia paperwork, once you've physically checked-in there are no refunds. We hardly got any sun the entire trip because we were terified of getting burned and having to go back to our room.

The 2nd evening we were there, we went to dinner and were informed that my husband was not dressed appropriate according to the "dress code"... This information would have been good before we packed..... We now are already there, and your telling us that we cannot eat here because we arent dressed in Long dress slacks and closed toed shoes which was never mentioned on the website? The man kind of shrugged at us with frustration and said ok we will let you in but "hush hush" basically.... Although after entering we both felt treated unwelcomed and like we were burdoning the atmosphere by being under dressed, one of the other staff "apologized for his crankiness" and we just toughed it out through dinner. I was told by the front desk lady after letting her know that the website didn't mention this, she said we could go to dinner dressed as is since we were not informed but by this point, it was our personal decision not to because we had already been treated rudely after the first night because we were under dressed and we chose to order room service the majority of the nights to feel more comfortable eating dinner.
They also say they have 3 restaurants, that too I felt was a bit deceiving.. Only one is for breakfast, one is for lunch and the other is for dinner. Its all the same staff, just different buildings. Which is fine, but when I hear three restaurants, I think that I have options and there werent really.
We werent really happy with the drinks, everything was off brand, cheap or local liquors and local beer. Of course they offered plenty of Champagne OR wine (with an EXTRA cost) but my husband does not drink champagne or wine. The mixed drinks he did get, were very inconsistant, many were thrown out because they just flat out didn't taste good.
There were MANY times, we asked for something (drink, food, menu etc) and never received it.

The resort was very secluded and only has about 50 rooms which is great except I believe because of this it may be very understaffed.

The outside jacuzzi was out of order while we were there, and when going back on reviews.. apparently it was out of order months ago too, my guess is it wont be fixed.

The pool appeared clean from a distance but once your in it, not so clean.

On our last full day, we were very irritated by a huge group that had come into the resort. About 20+ people, once they started drinking they got extremely loud. Chanting, shouting, screaming.... Us, along with other couples "relaxing" by the pool tried to tough it out for a good 45 minutes to an hour before we all actually got up and left the pool side to go sit by the beach. Not only were they obnoxiously loud, most of the staff had started catering to them and forgot about the rest of us paying customers. Later on that evening we saw them again at dinner, it appeared after seeing one of the people with them go back and forth to the kitchen that they were most likely locals or related to the resort somehow.

The room was very pretty and although bugs are expected in such a place, I thought it was a bit much.. We probably had about 9 encounters with huge cockroaches wandering the room in the night all within our 4 days stay.. Although bugs are expected... I felt it was a bit much, like they should have been paying half our bill :P

The last evening it rained, brought in all of the mosquitos, which once again is expected but what really sucks is dying of heat stroke and having to cover yourself under the blankets to protect from being eaten alive. =\ Its a lose lose situation.
But after all of this, I can honestly say... I saw a lot of HAPPY people at the resort who HAD sufficient A/C in their rooms. I think honestly that we got handed a crappy package and we were just out of luck because either they didn't care enough to switch our room OR they were fully booked. Either way, in the end when you spend $4k dollars on a trip, you expect a decent a/c in your room. I've been to Jamaica and Mexico in the hot summers and paid half what I paid here and had none of these complaints. Bugs will happen, it will be hot, not all of the staff will thrill us, but unfortunately I have not much good to say about this trip and I wish i could get my money back.

Room Tip: Don't get the 2nd floor! The wooden deck is extremely dangerous and about to fall over.... you...
9 Thank Melanie K
AlainBERTHELOT, Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback - of course, including the positives -; please find our comments below, accordingly:

- We are sorry that your bags were delivered late according to your personal notion of time; on the other hand, we do not understand what the beauty of the resort has to do with this matter...

- We are in a Tropical country where 26 degrees Celsius is actually quite a normal temperature; regarding the Air conditioning problems, we certainly apologize for these and are working to improve our System;

- We are sorry that you had hot-water issues; we have already addressed this issue with our Maintenance staff; for your knowledge, we put humid towels in a fridge so they are nice & cool when we welcome our guests;

- We apologize for your inconveniences;

- Yes we have a Dress code, which is clearly advertised...

- We have 3 restaurants; never do we say that all 3 are open all the time for each service ! We know that for the size of our property, our food offer is quite ample...

- We offer Premium brand spirits at all our bars...We do have a Wine list that showcases both the included house wines, as well as optinally indeed, more upscale selections;

- We are sorry that the drinks your got were not to your own, particular liking; actually, we always get complimented about our bartenders' abilities...We are surprised also about the fatc that you asked and did not receive...

- The hotel is fully-staffed;

- We are sorry about the outside Jacuzzi situation you encountered, and please rest assured that it usually works all the time...

- We clean our pool everyday, all day long...

- We indeed had a Group (locals who also have the logical right to enjoy a vacation in their own country) and care for all our guests in the same manner;

- We are sorry about the bugs and do fumigate frequently and thoroughly;

- We apologize for your Air conditioning issues and are working on up-grading our System, as well as are currently improving our wooden walkway;

Should you need any additional information, please contact us at your convenience on Concierge.ZOAPC@ZoetryResorts.com .

In the meantime, we thank you again and hope to hear from you/welcome you back soon, especially as to have the chance to show you our improvements, first-hand.

Best regards,
Hernando, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon after staying 6 nights at this fantastic resort. If you want an all inclusive and secluded resort with excellent service, food, premium drinks, activities, etc. it would be very difficult to pick a better place. The drive is an hour from the airport, but it's well worth the wait. Chely, Flor, Rosalina, Juan, and many more staff members will treat you like family. I would suggest staying in one of the suites with either a serpentine pool directly outside your room, or a beach front suite. All in all, we have nothing to complain about, as this resort has everything you can imagine.

3 Thank HernandoReb24
Dear Guests,

First of all, thanks for take part of your time to make this review.

we are proud of our employees, for such a positives comments!

We are very glad to know that you enjoyed your honeymoon in our magnificent Resort.

We hope to welcome you for your wedding anniversary!

Please contact us on concierge.zoapc@zoetryresorts.com for any request, we are 24/7 at your services!
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

You cannot get better than the Zoetry! My husband and I have traveled to other all inclusive resorts in the past and wanted something smaller and relaxing for our honeymoon. I was nervous about booking any all inclusive because I was tired of buffets and premade drinks, but our travel agent told us we wouldn't regret this one because it was unlike anything we have done before and boy!! was he right.

When you arrive after driving an hour from the airport, they greet you with hot towels and passion fruit tea. The open lobby is inviting and the staff never stop smiling. Every room is a suite (there are only 51 rooms here so at max, you'll be sharing the resort with 100 people!) and exceptionally clean. We were given a tour right away by the man who checked us in, and we were thrilled - pools, spas, coffee shops, and the beach!!!

We stayed 7 nights and could have stayed longer. Both my husband and I teared up when we said our goodbyes because the staff treats you like family. One man (Juan) literally climbed a palm tree to get me a coconut to drink out of saying, "You deserve the best because you are the best. You are my friend and family while you are here, and you deserve to be happy." I told my husband to take notes from him ;-)

I read on a previous review that someone complained about the beach, and I honestly don't know how that is possible. Each morning, we saw a man with his rake and wheel barrel cleaning up any debris that came in with the tides. In addition, someone mentioned the lizards... well, yes. There are small lizards and we did have one little guy get into our room, but you are in the Dominican. What do you expect? Catch them and put them back outside. It really isn't a big deal - promise!

Some of our personal highlights were the spa - amazing!!! Take advantage of a massage and their other free facilities.

The lobby bar - Neilson!!! I could write a book about the bartender Neilson and what a wonderful man he is. Not only will he remember your favorite drinks, but his conversation and personality are worth the visit to Punta Cana alone.

Private Beach Dinner - stunning! This is an addition fee ($100 for the basic), but it is truly worth it. You will get a 5 course dinner on the sand with the stars above you. They align your walk to the table with candles, greenery, and a palm tree archway. Musicians will come and sing just for the two of you. It is honestly one of the most romantic evenings I've spent with my husband to date.

The food in general - delicious!! This is truly a wellness resort and they take pride in making wonderful food in a variety of styles: lobster, salmon, chicken, steak, pasta, pancakes, pizza, chips and salsa, soups, salads, sushi, chinese, etc... Picky eaters you will NOT go hungry. Personally, I loved the egg white omletes in the morning, chicken fajitas at lunch, and lobster in the evening. Included 24 hour room service is an added touch. We literally ordered a bottle of champagne every evening before dinner.

Horseback riding on the beach - so fun!!! Another included perk is the horseback riding on the beach and it is so much fun even for people like me that has NEVER been on a horse before. Take advantage of this and the other included things like the kayak, snorkling gear, bike tours, etc.

Chely and Alex - Wow!!! These men are proud of their job and make it a personal goal to make sure you enjoy yourself. Whether it is cocktail class or bingo or beach volleyball or just chatting on the beach, they do their best to get you involved.

Overall, it was the best vacation we have ever taken and will forever stay in memory close to our hearts. We hope to make it back there to say hello to our Dominican family again. Do not second guess yourself on booking this resort. You will never regret it.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites. Upper level rooms seem to be warmer though so you might want to request a bot...
9 Thank Love2Teach4ever
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your kind review!
Thanks a lot for your comments about our property, service and specially, about our Staff, who works very hard to make of our guests stay unforgetable and nicest than ever.

Thanks for come to our Paradise!

If you need any additional information contact us on concierge.zoapc@zoetryresorts.com
Our Best Regards!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Best all inclusive resort around. Staff was excellent. Food was delicious (very rare for all inclusive) and healthy. You have to really want a quiet exotic escape to enjoy zoetry punta cana. Wife and I loved it and highly recommend. Staff members Chely, Juoqin, and Juan "Pineapple" made our trip extra memorable.

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank Derekc721
, Guest Relations Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Your comment is very nice, thank you for take part of your time to make that.

This is your home, and we are already waiting for have you back, for your next escape to this santuary of peace!

Kind Regards from your family in Zoetry Agua!
Coventry, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

The past June was our second time visiting Punta Cana, last year we stayed at a "Majestic large all-inclusive resort" which left us wanting something smaller and more intimate for our honeymoon, Zoetry Agua was the answer.
We were lucky enough to stay in 2 different rooms (our request). The first room had the thatch roof which gave it a real authentic feel, the second room was pool front (1st floor with a normal roof) which had its own private entrance to the pool (our favorite).
The beach was very nice, as was the water....the staff would take drink requests wherever you set up camp.
The food and drinks were fantastic, 24 hour room service was quick, much better than most all-inclusives.
The staff is top notch, the manager came up to us a few times during our stay asking how our experience was, everyone on the grounds were really hard working and friendly.
One of us was a bit under the weather (to much sun?) when I went to the front to get some tea, one of the staff overheard me and before I knew it Alain ( the manager) was on the phone notifying me they were traveling off campus to get gatorade...you don't get that kind of service anywhere else.
The only suggestion I have is with the vendors that are on the resort Saturday nights, can they be at the front of the resort near the coffee shop instead of near the Indigo restaurant / guest rooms.

Thank you for making our honeymoon very special and when we come back to the Dominican Republic we will be staying at the Agua!.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank MikeandKatie_13
, Guest Relations Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Taiguey

Dear Guests,
On behalf of the Zoetry Agua family, we wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us, and especially about our staff.
thanks for your suggestions, these are very important for us.

We look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back for your anniversary!

Namaste!