“Bad Management”

Punta Espada Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Punta Espada Golf Course is already listed among the worlds finest, with the renowned GolfWeek ranking it as the best golf course in the Caribbean and Mexico. Eight holes play along and over the sea. From all points of Punta Espada, golfers are blessed with extraordinary views of the Caribbean, where the sea contrasts against the emerald fairways and the perfect greens. Challenging stroke play and beauty are entwined in this outstanding par 72 course, which hosted the inaugural PGA Tour’s Champions Tour in April 2008 - The Cap Cana Championship. The annual tournament is televised internationally through the Golf Channel and its license-holding subsidiaries.
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The course is beautiful, no doubt about that. I had a very bad experience with the way the management wishes to treat their customers. I paid $200+ for a round of golf and a set of club rentals. I went out on the course and on the 3rd hole it began to rain very heavily. I returned to the pro shop and told them that I would like my money back. They refused and insisted I take a rain check for a later date or that I needed to wait for the rain to break. I waited an hour an tried again, the rain came down in buckets again and the caddie thought it was ridiculous that they wouldn't give me my money back since I was leaving the country in the morning and had no way of playing the next day. After being soaked twice and them keeping my money for 3 holes of golf then I will never deal with troon golf again. I have golfed several of their courses but that is the last time. Jack Nicklaus should be embarrassed of who is running the beautiful course he designed. Not happy. Take my money and tell me to screw off. Neat place.

3  Thank KeithH690
There are newer reviews for Punta Espada Golf Course

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I played this golf course with friends who invited me, gosh it inspired me to want to become a better player! Actually the caddies are so fantastic that with their "tuition" I felt I really played my best! I was staying at aquacapcana which was really great. I went to Golden Bear and Sotogrande but found these places not a patch on the apartments by the beach at the marina.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is for sure the best golf course in the ISland and maybe in the caribean. The number 2 hole, is aone of the most spectacular par 5 I have seing in my life. do not miss.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I love to golf when we travel. This is one of our favorite courses in the caribbean. It is pricey, but well worth it. The views are stunning; sometimes it's hard to remember to keep playing while looking out over the ocean. While most of the course is on the ocean and has ocean views, the course is still somewhat forgiving.

This course requires a caddie for non-members. I wasn't sure I would like having a caddie, but ours was fantastic. After watching me warm up on the range, ours knew what clubs I would need on each shot (even better than my own inclination). If you go, you should request our caddie, Francisco. He was so much fun! He was extremely hardworking and his tips and guidance probably took 10 strokes off my score.

I highly recommend this course.

1  Thank UVaJen
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I love this great golf course with an amazing view to the ocean.. i will definitely come back soon!! the peace and great atmospheres are incredible.

1  Thank Jensy D