“Spectacular!”

Punta Espada Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Punta Espada Golf Course is already listed among the worlds finest, with the renowned GolfWeek ranking it as the best golf course in the Caribbean and Mexico. Eight holes play along and over the sea. From all points of Punta Espada, golfers are blessed with extraordinary views of the Caribbean, where the sea contrasts against the emerald fairways and the perfect greens. Challenging stroke play and beauty are entwined in this outstanding par 72 course, which hosted the inaugural PGA Tour’s Champions Tour in April 2008 - The Cap Cana Championship. The annual tournament is televised internationally through the Golf Channel and its license-holding subsidiaries.
Somers, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Spectacular!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I am a member of Punta Espada and I NEVER get tired of playing what I consider the BEST and most BEAUTIFUL course in The Caribbean! Challenging, Gorgeous, and a great staff, make this course is a MUST for every golfer!!

Visited December 2012

• Korean first
Montreal Canada
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Wow Golfer paradise....had it to your bucklet list...a most!!!!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My wife and I played 6 rounds of golf last week in Dominican Republic, Barcelo the Lakes, Corales, Punta Espada X2, La Cana, Teeth of the dog at la Casa del Campo ( Romana 1 hour away)

On all the course that we played, this is by far the prettiest, with 9 holes on the ocean side, breathtaking views in all direction, the quality of fairways, greens conditions, speed of greens around 10, course layout, general condition... it was for me a 9.5 on 10....for me this is by far the nicest golf course I been on. The Jack Nicklaus at his best and I played many course in the US, Canada, Bermuda....

Yes it is expensive, I booked it with with Go Golf, Dominican Republic including transport from my resort to all the courses....look for their packages on the website also at the last minute you can find deals on EZlinks.com with no transport.

Bring your camera and or your camcorder you are going to need it, it is a challenging course but really fair without blind shot or surprises.....in the 2 rounds we played there, I lost 2 balls and I am a 12 handicap, my wife lost 2 or 3 and she is a 25 handicap. Also in the 2 rounds that we played the course was empty compare to Teeth of the dog. maybe 30 persons that we saw at the most...we played it in 3 hours 30 minutes and we took a lot of pictures

message to the course: Punta Espada reduce the teeoff fare in the $200-250 and your course we be the most popular on the Island and will be the best attraction in Dominican Republic $300-390 per person is a little bit too much this is why I can not give you a 10 and the the non welcoming person at the pro shop

Caddie are mandatory include in the price, tips is not included....these caddie are really good.

on the negative side on all the course we did that week, the proshop clerk was not welcoming at all.....it is like we were problem for her....while in all other courses....we felt very important for them and the greated us with a great smile....maybe it was a bad day for her.... but she was the first contact that we had with the course that day....I am in professional sales and I know it is important especially when you are giving them $360

Pro shop clothing: not my style, very old fashion but taste may differ for everyone

I highly recommend this course, so now I can check one item on my bucklet list....maybe yours

Watch my other review to come on all the other course that we played that week

1 Thank AndreMontrealCanada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Outstanding golf”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great test and challenge. Pro shop disappointing.Some wonderful holes near the sea and easy to reach

Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent golf.”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Conditions were great, even after the rain storm, staff was helpful the club rentals reasonable. Very nice golf course, what more can I say. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

West Bloomfield, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Well kept and misleading...”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The coarse was well kept and very beautiful, however our free round of golf turned into 80 dollars with cart(mandatory)& club rental.

2 Thank MEJ0426