“Great time”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great time”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The course was only open for 9 holes, but was a lot of fun. The staff is great the beer is cheap and ice cold!! Course is kept in immaculate condition.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Brian R

Oakville, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“"Free golf" - not really!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Recently (July 2013) my son and I played this golf course. We chose this course because it was associated with resort we were staying in, the Majestic Colonial Resort, which said that we could get unlimited "free golf" which technically is not true as cart fee's at least are mandatory. In our case we had to rent clubs as well and with currency conversion and tipping our free" game came close to $200 US for two people. The course itself was "OK", nothing special. It had some water and some areas of not quite sand, more gravelly areas that you could land in. They were easy enough to play out of - once you found your ball. Nice bunkers - but hard to find rakes. The back nine was under repair so we had to the play the front nine twice. The service was great, everyone was very helpful, we started with hitting some free balls on the range, got a couple of free bottles of water each in a cooler with ice for the game. When we finished we got cool hand towels and a free sandwich. Transportation to and from the resort was easy (by golf cart). I would not likely play this course again ( I get cheaper golf at home), but I am glad that I played it once at least. We did look into playing other courses, but as we had to pay their green fee's as well as club rental and cart fee's those games would have been even more expensive - not a cheap sport folks!

Barre, Vermont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Not bad for a place to play”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Course was in pretty good shape. Most bunkers had sand, many larger "bunkers" were nothing more than waste areas of gravel and rock. Carts are electric and speedy. Play could be slow as we were backed up because we only played the front 9 twice as the back nine were closed.

1 Thank Bgiants
Antrim, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Decent”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I visited the course today from Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda hotel. I was picked up and driven the short distance to the course by a pleasant driver. The course was relatively quiet and I found the staff to be both very helpful and friendly. I rented out some titleist clubs for the round. The clubs were in very good condition and of an excellent standard for rental clubs. There was a choice between titleist AP irons and Calloway Razr x irons. There was a variety of women's clubs available for hire also. There is a practice area with driving range and putting green which was useful for adapting to the new clubs.

The course is currently under repair so only the front nine holes
were open. The course itself is ok, not great if I'm honest but if your looking for a great golf course you probably wouldn't be in Dominican Republic in the first place. It is fine for a bit of fun. I found the greens to be in poor condition and very slow. Only the back nine was open as the front nine holes were under repair. Some sections of the back nine notably holes 8 and 9 were in a state of disrepair also.

I enjoyed playing and there were plenty of positives such as the friendly and helpful staff, the tasty sandwich and cool towel at the end of the round and some interesting holes especially the par 3s. The main reason I have scored this corse so poorly is based largely on the price. For nine holes I paid

$75 for half round
$30 for club hire
$15 for golf balls

For this price where I come from I would be expecting a better course with good greens.

2 Thank angiejo86
Paso Robles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Only the front 9 was open, but we had a good time. No one on the course so we pretty much had it to ourselves. Still expensive when you have to rent clubs even though our greens fees were included in our room price.

Visited June 2013