10,897 results
All reviews barcelo premium gabriel chocolate quiet pool swim up bar rock climbing wall renovated room ocean view kids pool a la carte restaurants beautiful beach the mexican restaurant seafood palm trees great vacation family vacation picky eater recommend this resort
Reviewed October 18, 2016

We had a wonderful time. Always something to do. The rooms were nice and not "dated" as some people have stated. The staff was not rude at all. The language barrier...well....you are in another country!! What do you expect? Learn the language!!!
The food was excellent. The specialty restaurants and the buffet were both wonderful. The place is clean and beautiful. They never stop cleaning and attending to the grounds, beach, pool etc. The drinks are great- NOT weak. The red wine is excellent. I didn't care for the white wine.
Beach is beautiful and the water was nice and warm. So many beach chairs to chose from.
Vendors showed up one night for shopping- the shops there are nice and have all kinds of souvenirs. Game room with pool tables, beautiful theater for the shows....
It was a great trip and I would go back in a minute.

Room tip: Our room was near the theater...It was a little loud at night. I was very happy anyway!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank lizsarah08
Marcos C, Director General at Occidental Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking some of your valuable time to review your stay at Barceló Punta Cana Resort.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us so much. Your kind recommendation really means a lot to us.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again!

Reviewed October 18, 2016

I cant expect nothing less from this Hotel, so happy to be there, the personal was amazing no complains ! I was so happy to visit this resort.. my room was spotless lots of lights, my balcony with the pool and sea view!! I really really coming back here!! xoxo
. Thank you

Room tip: rooms beside reception by grand buffet was amazing!!~
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Marcos C, Director General at Occidental Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at our resort. We very much appreciate your feedback.

We feel very happy to learn that your overall experience was memorable and truly appreciate your comments towards the effort and dedication demonstrated by our services in general.

Best Regards

Reviewed October 17, 2016

Well after 32 yrs of marriage my husband and i decide its time for us to do something special now that our kids are grown,so we decide on your property,worst mistake ive ever made,checkin horrible almost 2 hrs and then rooms not ready we got ocean view,i consider ocean view full view of ocean front no way,all trees and parcial view,ceiling dripping with water,floor wet and slippery and floor drain took forever to go down,terrible..three cockroaches running around on the floor disgusting.went to buffett had to get my own coffee and water sat for half hour still not asked if we needed anything could go on and on but all i can say is i will never come back you people should be ashamed,and language barrier is horrible for my first trip my husband and myself are just so so disapointed.lisa hardy from boston,ma

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank lisa h
Reviewed October 17, 2016

The customer sevice is over the top. Check in was fast and the maintenance staff were very good. I was beyond satisfied. There's always something to do, you can find the list of activities for the day at the front desk. I had a great vacation and would definitely recommend this resort.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at our resort. We very much appreciate your feedback, as it is through this medium that we are able to address guest issues and provide a high level of guest satisfaction.

Thank you very much for your review and we look forward to your return at Barceló Punta Cana, in a near future.

Best Regards

Reviewed October 16, 2016

Staff spoke very little English. Long waiting lines for check -in which took several hours as NO ROOMS were available! Had to keep checking back every 30 minutes or so. Finally upon check-in found my assigned room was NOT what I had booked and paid for. Plus the bathroom was flooded and I wasted an entire day trying to get moved to another room.
No clean towels for the week. I had to go to pool hut and get a clean beach towel for my bath. Hair dryer did NOT work. Safe did NOT work. Rooms were less than quite!
Some folks in our group didn't even have sheets for the entire week. They slept on a blanket on top of the mattress!
Customer service was terrible!!! Will NEVER go to this location again!

Room tip: I have no clue!
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Cindi508

Dear Guest,

I wish to express our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you may have encountered, about the services in the room, and the towers.

We regret and assure you that corrective and preventive measures have been set to keep on offering our dear guests the constant state of safety and trust accustomed.

Always at your disposal,