10,666 results
All reviewsbarcelo premiumgabriel chocolatejulio iglesiasquiet poolswim up barrock climbing wallrenovated roomocean viewkids poola la carte restaurantsbeautiful beachthe mexican restaurantseafoodgreat vacationpalm treespicky eaterfamily vacation
Reviewed January 18, 2015

This is the worst hotel in Punta Cana. This is a true Dominican hotel chain owned and operated by a group of people who don't know what service is nor do they care to want to know. We checked in at 6pm and were too late to make a reservation at any of the hotels restaurants, which we found out 2 hours after checking into our room.

When we approached the hotel manager to assist us make reservations, he directed us to the buffet which wreaked of the stench of fish and seafood. I am a vegetarian - almost a vegan and could hardly stand in the restaurant for 10 minutes without feeling nauseated.

The hotel manager, in front of the customer service desk girls, stated "We do not accommodate vegetarians at this hotel and if you would like to leave you may leave". At this point it was 9:30pm and having made the reservation on Orbitz, there was no refund to our one-night stay (thank God is for only one night) so there was nothing we could do and nothing that the hotel manager wanted to do to make our stay comfortable. We payed for horrible food, horrible drinks, horrible service, and horrible accommodations.

Only one out of the two bars open in the night serve champagne - there is no top shelf alcohol offered anywhere in the hotel - the wine tastes like they tried to make it out back - and we could not eat any of the food that was offered in the buffet (our only choice forced upon us for the night). Moreover, room service is not included and all the drinks served are like watered down low budget alcohol - if you get drunk it is likely because they serve cheap liquor and not the quantity of how much you drink.

The property is like college dorm style and looked very dirty. We were afraid we might see cockroaches at any moment, the room furniture is worn down and dingy, there are rings in the bathroom area, they hotel management is too cheap to provide shampoo and conditioner tubes so they offer it through a dispenser glued to the wall, there was no hot water in the shower, the iron would not work, we had a flat screen tv with no remote, and a hotel staff was knocking on our door early in the morning when we did not order or request any services.

This place is like a zoo - there are so many kids and people around - its loud and optimal for high school or immature college students looking to act a fool and not have the hotel staff care.

Anything that we asked the hotel staff for, they were quick to say no or shrug us off so that we could leave them alone - you get what you pay for at this hotel and unfortunately you are paying for way too much because when you get there, you shouldn't expect much beyond the gorgeous bavaro beach. There's nothing in this hotel that tops any of the other similar ones in this category in Punta Cana. This is absolutely the worst hotel we have ever seen in the Caribbean....

Room Tip: We stayed in the Junior Suite - I'm not sure how it was a Junior Suite - but we had two double-beds, the most disgusting bathroom, dingy furniture, and cracks in the wall and door areas - we didn't see any insects for the brief time that we were there but I'm almost certain we would have had I cared to look.
  • Stayed: January 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sam I
Marcos C, Director General at Occidental Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2015

Dear guest,

We want you to know your opinion is very important and valuable to us. For this reason, your comments are taken with special consideration as they help us identifying our improvement areas, giving us the opportunity to correct them.

We really do apologize for any inconvenience that the issues mentioned could caused to you, we have dealt with our Managers in correcting these service flaws.

We hope that this issues will not hinder your decision to visit us in the future

Sincerely
General manager Barceló Punta Cana

Reviewed January 16, 2015

We traveled from New York City on 1/12/15 from the moment we arrived at the Adults Only Resort's driveway my wife a I were greeted with the most warm welcome ever. Our luggage was taken from us by Mr. Luna as soon the taxi driver open our door. He immediately escorted us to the check in desk where the process took less than 5 minutes. Mrs. Migdalia took care of everything with a smile on her face, she was very pleasant and polite. The open Buffett's staff were second to none in service. Everyone was very respectful especially Mr. Fausto, who took a very good care of us during our stay. Besides the good food, good service, great room with an ocean view and the night entertaining shows the next best thing was a trip to Saona Island. Every one who visit Punta Cana needs to take this day long tour to this beautiful place, it's a trip that will stay our memories for ever..In behalf of Brenda and Angel we would like to extend our most warm gratitude to everyone that who in one way or another made it possible for us to have a great time and make us feel welcome in a place we had never been before. Once again thank you and we will see you soon; Gracias a todos..

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor # 2093, a very good view to the ocean and a very short walk to every thing.
  • Stayed: January 2015, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Angel M
Marcos C, Director General at Occidental Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2015

Dear Guest,

It was very pleasant to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities and that we were able to provide you a delightful stay. At Barceló Hotels & Resorts we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of service excellence.

Remember that here; your second home, we always remain at your disposal.

Reviewed January 16, 2015

The resort was great! I personally hated the food but I was very happy with how clean the room was & the amenities. I was skeptical before arrival about the safety but the entire trip I felt more that safe at the resort. The people were friendly & helpful. Worth the money!

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled with friends
Marcos C, Director General at Occidental Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2015

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review!

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Barceló Punta Cana in the future.

All the best,

Reviewed January 15, 2015

Minnie me greeted us immediately when me and my family arrived. He was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and got us all involved. He was great also he called us by name and spoke great English. The property tho needs more English spesking employees. Also more information on what goes on and is offered at the property. Without Minnie me I may have been lost at times. Also the wifi worked almost never and constantly signed out even tho I was on auto sign in. I paid for the week and one day it didn't work at all for 6 hours. There should also be an easy way to find out where to get food at all times.

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled with family

Dear guest,

We would like to let you know that we take our guests observations into great consideration with the aim to reinforce the quality of our services.

We are glad that you enjoyed friendliness of our staff especially Mine-Me.

Thank you for your comment and we are looking to forward to welcoming you once again to have the opportunity to change any negative perception you may have about us.

Reviewed January 15, 2015

I just came back from a 2-week stay at this resort. It's been my fourth time and I still enjoy it a lot. The place is amazing. I must say the animation team was AWESOME. Aldo can be proud! Juan Rosario a.k.a Mini Me is one of the greatest I have ever seen, appealing to people, so friendly, always smiling and also a generous person. Papi Juan was also a lot of fun, dynamic, and speaking good English and French as well. Gracias a Daniela, an amazing animator which such energy that she drawns everyone to her. Carlos Abreu is also great and so interesting to speak with! Let's not forget the fabulous DJs Francis and Nicolas :) The dancers team is also great and friendly, the trapeze guys (+girl) are impressive, and the live band is extremely good. Plus the saxophone in the lobby at night is a MUST! Well done Joel Jorge ! They make our nights a special moment. Thanks to barmans such as Alexis, Francisco (theater and disco), Doroteo (pool bar).
Gracias a todos y todas por esos momentos y nos volveremos a ver !

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled with friends
2  Thank VanessFou
Marcos C, Director General at Occidental Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2015

Dear Guest.

We would like to acknowledge that we have received your kind comments regarding your stay with us. It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and that you appreciated the friendliness of our staff, who will be happy to receive your kind notes. We are aware that it is only because of them that we are able to achieve our goal, the continuous improvement of our services.

I would also like to take this opportunity to tell you that we really appreciate your preference and loyalty to our chain Barceló Hotels & Resorts for your holidays; we hope that your experience with us stays as a special memory and that come many more visits.

Best Regards,