10,736 results
All reviews barcelo premium gabriel chocolate julio iglesias quiet pool swim up bar rock climbing wall renovated room ocean view the mexican restaurant kids pool a la carte restaurants beautiful beach seafood great vacation palm trees picky eater family vacation
Reviewed January 16, 2015

The resort was great! I personally hated the food but I was very happy with how clean the room was & the amenities. I was skeptical before arrival about the safety but the entire trip I felt more that safe at the resort. The people were friendly & helpful. Worth the money!

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled with friends
Marcos C, Director General at Occidental Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2015

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review!

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Barceló Punta Cana in the future.

All the best,

Reviewed January 15, 2015

Minnie me greeted us immediately when me and my family arrived. He was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and got us all involved. He was great also he called us by name and spoke great English. The property tho needs more English spesking employees. Also more information on what goes on and is offered at the property. Without Minnie me I may have been lost at times. Also the wifi worked almost never and constantly signed out even tho I was on auto sign in. I paid for the week and one day it didn't work at all for 6 hours. There should also be an easy way to find out where to get food at all times.

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled with family

Dear guest,

We would like to let you know that we take our guests observations into great consideration with the aim to reinforce the quality of our services.

We are glad that you enjoyed friendliness of our staff especially Mine-Me.

Thank you for your comment and we are looking to forward to welcoming you once again to have the opportunity to change any negative perception you may have about us.

Reviewed January 15, 2015

I just came back from a 2-week stay at this resort. It's been my fourth time and I still enjoy it a lot. The place is amazing. I must say the animation team was AWESOME. Aldo can be proud! Juan Rosario a.k.a Mini Me is one of the greatest I have ever seen, appealing to people, so friendly, always smiling and also a generous person. Papi Juan was also a lot of fun, dynamic, and speaking good English and French as well. Gracias a Daniela, an amazing animator which such energy that she drawns everyone to her. Carlos Abreu is also great and so interesting to speak with! Let's not forget the fabulous DJs Francis and Nicolas :) The dancers team is also great and friendly, the trapeze guys (+girl) are impressive, and the live band is extremely good. Plus the saxophone in the lobby at night is a MUST! Well done Joel Jorge ! They make our nights a special moment. Thanks to barmans such as Alexis, Francisco (theater and disco), Doroteo (pool bar).
Gracias a todos y todas por esos momentos y nos volveremos a ver !

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled with friends
2  Thank VanessFou
Marcos C, Director General at Occidental Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2015

Dear Guest.

We would like to acknowledge that we have received your kind comments regarding your stay with us. It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and that you appreciated the friendliness of our staff, who will be happy to receive your kind notes. We are aware that it is only because of them that we are able to achieve our goal, the continuous improvement of our services.

I would also like to take this opportunity to tell you that we really appreciate your preference and loyalty to our chain Barceló Hotels & Resorts for your holidays; we hope that your experience with us stays as a special memory and that come many more visits.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2015

We met a wedding party when checking in that told us 2 people drowned on the beach earlier in the day in front of the resort. The riptide is pretty strong and the lifeguard appears to never be watching (and rarely at the tower) so swim at your own risk.

We were told by the front desk that we had a beachfront room. We had an outdated room facing the front door. There was construction going on every morning and despite the front desk telling us it would only be 1 day, it was all of them. On the 2nd to last day we got back to our uncleaned room and there were paint chips all over the balcony and our clothing. I had to call the front desk again.

The staff is pretty great, especially the 3 people I saw working on activities everyday. Some of the staff was a little TOO nice and it kind of creeped us out.

The beach is stunning and you can always find a chair. The pool is as clean as it can be for being crowded and was adequate.

The liquor is REALLY bad. Many people were buying bottles instead at the Market in the resort. The Vodka tastes like rum. Just bad all around. The coffee is probably the only really great thing available at the Alhambra bar where they make espresso's and cappuccino's.

The activities are great. They have a bunch to choose from. Including free trapeze which was pretty cool.

The food --- was pretty terrible. IF you can get a reservation in a restaurant (which only about 40% of people staying can --- we did the math) then try to do so. The good ones are usually sold out by 8AM and you have to get them the day off. Sadly you will be told they are full but at dinner time all of the restaurants after 7 are only half full.

Hibatchi - Meh. not great
Dominican Restaurant and the Italian Restaurant were our favorites.

They say there is wifi, but we tried it for the 1st day and it did not work. I would just plan on not having access or purchase an intl plan at home first.

If you are going solely for the beach, it's a great spot. If you are not happy with your room, ask to change your room...We wish we would have.

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled with friends
3  Thank annie270

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for share with us your comment, we really appreciate the opportunity that you give us to improve some of our service area.

Please be informed that in our hotel nobody drowned on our the beach, this information is wrong, the people that you mentioned are in perfect health condition just drank a little bit of water caused for the strong wave.

Regarding their comments about our services have been discussed with the respective department in order to prevent any other issues with other guest. We apologize if in this occasion didn't get your total satisfaction

Is our sincerely desire to receive you once again I our hotel.

Sincerely
General Manager Barcelo Punta Cana

Reviewed January 15, 2015

This resort was sumething else! as soon as you drove in rows upon rows of flowers, just beautiful. When you walk in they take your bags you check in bags brought to the room real service. Rooms are nice and clean. Beds are very comfortable and the balcony - we had a view of the inside towards the pool, and it was very quite. The rooms were always clean but the towels for the bathroom were late but you did get them.Pools were very big, lots of chairs for everyone. A kids pool with slides, we did not use but was nice to see they had somewhere to have fun. Pools and grounds were alway clean..except for suntan lotion but nothing you can do about that. Although we did not use the beach we did go and see it. The sand is great and lots of waves for people to enjoy. They did have the red flag out most of the time but didnt stop people from going. The food... they had something for everyone, I dont think that anyone would go hungry.

Room Tip: I would say every room is a good choice.
  • Stayed: January 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heather P

Dear guest,

Receive a warm greeting from Barceló Punta Cana. It is a pleasure for us to read your experience about your recent stay at our hotel, to know how satisfied you felt with our services, accommodations and treatment encourage us to keep giving the best of us, since it is proof that we are achieving our main goal which is to make the best of all our guests vacations.

We will wait for your next holidays at Barceló Punta Cana and once again make the best of your vacation.

Best regards,