Barcelo Bavaro Palace(Bavaro)
$463
$143
Official Site
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $173/night.

Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$266
$138
Melia.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $195/night.

Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$333
$260
Barcelo.com
$355
$274
Bookit.com
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$475
$371
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$258
Excellence Resorts
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$365
$250
Melia.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $287/night.

Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$211
$164
10,508 results
All reviewsbarcelo premiumgabriel chocolatejulio iglesiasquiet poolswim up barrock climbing wallrenovated roomocean viewkids pooltex mexa la carte restaurantsbeautiful beachseafoodgreat vacationpalm treespicky eaterrecommend this resort
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I want to update my review of Barcelo Premium in Punta Cana! I was asked to write a review to help an employee out and I did - what a regret! We had the worst experience of any family vacation that we have taken in the past 20 years!!! Terrible service, terrible drinks, terrible treatment to their customers. Started the 1st day after our families were split up on 3 different floors and the manager response was "it is difficult!" The drinks tasted like sugar water! The worst drinks ever!!! Place so cheap that they did not even offer the light beer that they make over there. NO - I do mean NO FROZEN DRINKS!!! They ran out of drinks by 4 pm! If you didn't tip them every time you would never get waited on. On numerous occasions we would finish our meals before we could get a drink and getting a refill was a joke. Then they would get mad if we tried to get our own drinks. Specialty restaurants would be 1/2 full and we would ask to get in and they would not let us! Had to move rooms because of poor A/C and then they came in to work on it and made a total mud mess of the room AND they wanted us to wait to get it cleaned up. Then the dead bolt broke in the 2nd room! Took them over 30 min to even to the room and they came with screwdrivers and that's it! What a waste of thousand of dollars and 9 days of my families lives. Employees are rude and do as little as possible. The pool had allege and the water was murky! Scared to even venture into the pool. Room was not made up on 2 occasions. We had to call to get enough towels - they would leave 1 towel for 3 adults! Had to call every time to get a drink in our refrigerator. They brought 1 bag of chip the 1st day and that was that! Oh by the way we had bugs even after they "claimed" they sprayed for them! Thank god for their beaches and ocean! Do not go there ever!!! Barcelo should be embarrassed having their name on that resort! Anybody who posts anything nice is trying to help an employee. They offer you 30 min free internet if you give them a good review! I would never do it again!!!

Room Tip: There are no rooms that we saw that would be worth staying in - bugs every where!
5  Thank Brent H
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We ended a two week tour of the Dominican Republic with a much anticipated visit to the coveted Punta Cana region. We had been all over the country as invited guests of our neighbors who are Dominican and wanted us to see their beautiful land. They said they saved the best for last with a visit to an all inclusive resort on the beaches of Punta Cana. After we left they apologized profusely for what was the worst part of our two week stay. Our all-inclusive resort for two nights at $700 for 5 people included:

A very dirty beach with plastic cups, trash and cigarette butts in every step
A very dirty pool with plastic cups and trash at the bottom of the pool at 8:00am in the morning
An outdoor buffet with blackbirds perched on food trays enjoying the fare, and wait staff watching them without doing anything about it, leaving half eaten food by birds for guests.
A room with an external door that was frosted glass panes, leaving no privacy or shield from noise
Filthy dirty elevators with who knows what smeared on the walls
Stair wells in desperate need of power washing
Peeling paint
No assistance for a minor medical emergency on the beach
Unsupervised groups (hundreds) of teenagers with free alcohol
No beach or pool use after 7pm (to divert any drunk 14 year olds from drowning I'm sure, or they need that long to attempt to clean the pool)
Minimal air conditioning

POSITIVES:
The Japanese restaurant was the best part of our stay. But to get to the specialty restaurants you must make reservations the moment you check in or you'll have to eat buffet with the birds.

Wait staff in the restaurants were very attentive.

Entertainment was marginal for the Michael Jackson tribute, looked more like a high school musical although the dancer who was MJ was very good. Too much video of This Is IT for a show. Entertainment for the Puerto Rico show was excellent, great dancing and live music.

CONCERNS
At the beach our daughter was hit in the shins by a wayward Kayak at full steam. It knocked her completely out, as in she was unconscious for about 1 minute. Although hotel staff were just feet away and saw it, none offered to help. When we asked them multiple times for ice for her injuries we were told to go to the bar by the pool. Not sure this hotel can handle a serious emergency where alcohol, heat, sun and water are all present. A staff member showed up with a bucket of cold water and poured it on her head about 5 minutes after she came to which wasn't what she needed.

One of the families in our group, who are Dominican, had never been to a resort before. The first day the toilet in their room overflowed. The staff did clean it up but the a/c was also not working in their room so the stench didn't go away. When they asked for a new room they were told only if they'd pay $99. Which they did. NO HOTEL GUEST SHOULD BE CHARGED FOR A NEW ROOM WHEN WHAT THEY RECEIVED WAS SUB-STANDARD.

Overbooked and understaffed. Seemed like there were way more people here than staff or accommodations could handle. It was not relaxing nor did it feel like a resort - wouldn't even put this property in the same category as a resort since I have been to hundreds over the years.

Will I return - NOT on your life. I'd much rather go up to Las Terrenas in Samana and pay $180 a night at Hotel Alisei for a beautiful 2 bedroom casita with kitchen, terrific restaurant, gorgeous pool that's open all night, beach that's open all night, and a patio off each room that has a magnificent view of the ocean, complete with hammock and built-in outdoor sectionals.

Room Tip: I wouldn't choose any room here
5  Thank Lilusmom
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This hotel was amazing. I felt like a princess in a wonderful place. The sand was cool to my feet, the water was crystal clear, the weather was perfect!! The bar service was excellent, the casino was fun, fun, fun, the restaurants were so good. My room was beautiful. My bed was on a marble slab, the view was great and I just love this place all the way around. I had no bad experiences on my trip, it was honestly one of the best trips I've ever taken. I am looking to go back September 2012!!

Room Tip: I had a view of the beach from my room but anywhere on this resort is absolutely gorgeous! I dont think you could go wrong with any room you select.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Lisa E
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Just got back from this resort and I have to say that the grounds, pool area, beach and hotel were one of the nicest I have seen. The rooms were OK....nothing to brag about...typical rooms, could be nicer and slightly cleaner, but the view from the pool side rooms were amazing!!!!! The food is OK...At the buffet I always found something to eat...but remember you are not in the US so do not expect gourmet food. You are not paying for gourmet food....for the price I paid I found it to be worth it. Breakfast was typical, eggs, omlets.....I did have an issue with dinner at the buffet, but always found something that was OK to eat. No one got sick at all...which is good!
The pool did get dirty at times but that was because of the partys in the pool with the swim up bar. A BIG party area. There is another large pool, nice and quiet with a nice lunch area and bar. Took me 2 days to realize it was there, but that is were I found my quiet time. This pool was much cleaner as there was not alot of drunks dumping drinks and their cups in the pool. It has the play area for kids, water slides and pool.....it looked like alot of fun, and there was a life guard there. OH...there was also a life guard at the beach, which you do not see often in the DR.
The night club I could to without. It was smelly, and had no music that I could understand. I know it is a spanish speaking country, but most of the tourist are not spanish. Mixing some american music would have been nice.
Lunch at the party pool is good, fresh burgers and dogs and french frys. the pizza place is good, but it is sit down and you need a cover up and no wet bathing suits.
The casino was ok....I am not a big gambler and lost 20$....but the tables were full...
did not get to see any of the shows...timing with dinner was and issue...
They gave us 2 reservations at 6:30 for the Italin and Japanese restarurants. both were good. We made another for the Dominican restaurant....Not worth the time at all....Reservations are hard to get, you have to get on line very early, I was there at 8:15....and there were 2 people ahead of me....and the desk does not open until 9!!!!! BUT all the resorts are like that.
The Karoke bar is fun!!!! We were all singing and no one cared how you sounded!!!!! Give people a few drinks and no one cares!!!!!
I have been to 5 other resorts in Punta Cana and I would go back. It had alot ot offer and with the right people can be a great time.
What people have to remember is that you are not in the US....If you are very picky and need a perfect room, pampering, room service and to be spoiled then do not even go to Punta Cana, stay at a Hilton in the US!!!!!! I find these vacations to be fun, perfect weather, pleasant people, and no hassle. It is a very relaxing vacation.

1  Thank babzie
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The trip was great! The beach was amazing, beautiful clear warm water! We went June 19- June 26. The weather was AWFUL! It was soooo hot and humid!

The hotel and the room were beautiful. The only thing I thought was weird, was we had to have reservation for dinner at one of the 5 restaurants. The bookings for the restaurants were filled up by 10am and there would be long lines every morning. I had never been to an all inclusive that had that. When we checked in they made reservations for us for 3 nights and we managed to get 1 more reservation and then we ate at the buffet the first night. The Buffet wasn't half bad, it was pretty large, but I would probably get really sick of it if I had to have that every night.

There were a lot of teenagers there since they can drink at 18. They were pretty wild, but it didn't really bother us.

The drinks were OK, we could tell it wasn't the highest quality liquor. They had an upgrade where we could pay an extra $20 a day for premium drinks and a premium lounge that was air conditioned, but we weren't interested.

My favorite food was at the Japanese resturant as well as the Dominican restaurant.

I feel like there were better places, but you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor- the vaulted ceilings were beautiful!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple