Occidental Caribe
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$205
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$259
$335
$262
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$370
$315
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$355
$249
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$346
$242
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$516
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$297
$190
  • Breakfast included
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$371
$314
$633
TripAdvisor
10,116 results
All reviewsgabriel chocolatequiet poolswim up barclub premiumrock climbing wallocean viewkids pooltex mexa la carte restaurantsbeautiful beachseafoodgreat vacationpalm treespicky eaterfamily vacationa lot of funrecommend this resort
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I had the best time of my life at barcelo!Love everything about barcelo! This was an amazing resort! The best part about it were the workers! They made us all feel so welcomed. Me and 3 of my girlfriends stayed at Barcelo from June 8-June 15 and I couldn't ask for a better experience! The food was amazing at the restaurants that they have on the resort. Especially the Dominican restaurant, and the manager of the resuraunt was so welcoming, I think his name was Lizandro. The beach was fabulous, I couldn't ask for a better beach. The excursions were also a lot of fun, we did ziplining, 4x4, and did a tour. The room we had was a little out dated I suggest you upgrade, it's worth the money. I'm planning to go back to Barcelo in December to relive my amazing experience!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I really liked my stay here in the Dominican Republic. Everyone was very friendly. The food was great, and the service was awesome. The one thing that I didn't like was that the pool closes early. I would like the pool to stay open late for the people that would like to go night swimming. One thing that can be better is to have wifi access throughout the whole resort. I would like to be able to use my phone everywhere I went. Other than that, I really loved my stay here in the Dominican Republic.

Room Tip: Rooms at location 1 are kind of far from the larger pool.
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I came here for my family vaction from June 13th - 20th. The place was beautiful, but very hot! I was sweating so much I always looked like I just got out of the shower. The food was average, you can only have so much of a 'buffet' style food. You have to reserve for the nice restaurants for dinner at the hotel lobby at 9AM, and they are on a first come first serve basis. The pool was great, had a swim up bar so you really didn't need to get out of the pool, and the beach was litteraly less than 5 feet right off the resort. White sand and clear water was awsome. Night time was a little on the negative side, not much to do. There was a sports bar, but always seemed dead, you can only play pool and chess. The theater wasn't really alive, and the disco was average; if you like a basement style dance area. The room needed to be upgraded, the AC ran low but still kept us cool. You have to call housekeeping more than once if you needed something to be brought to your room. It would also help if you spoke spanish. Great room service from our housekeeper Daniel and Oscar Pineda was always helping us at our restaurants. Friendly staff! Over all i'd come back, maybe for not that long of a time period.

Room Tip: Make sure you test out the bed, tv, phone and bathroom before you accept the room.
2  Thank Jerome B
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The food was ok. The hospitality and the service was excellent. Our housekeeper Daniel was beyond excellent and took very good care of our family and all four of our rooms. He made sure our fridge was always stocked. Our waiter Oscar Pineda and Miguel were excellent in service.

Room Tip: Get a better than standard room
2  Thank Minerva B
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We arrived late in the evening on June 11, 2012 and staying till june 18th, 2012. We were a group of 14 in total and had 4 rooms. Check-in was a Breeze and fast in several minutes we were walking to our rooms. Once at the room I noticed the dual beds were kinda small but we were tired and hungry so we left the luggage and headed for the buffet. The food was exquisite and lots of variety. They even had some "junk food" for the kids like pizza, burgers and hotdogs. We all got stuffed and went back to the room to sleep. Next morning headed straight to Front Desk and asked for a room with a bigger beds since we were 5 in my room (3 adults, 2 kids) the front desk clerk was freindly but didn't really help out but did call the Rooms Manager Mr. Alexander Perez who immediately said he would make sure we were comfortable. He took us to a BIG 2 ROOM, 2 bathroom SUITE with a king size bed and three twin beds, it was exactly what we needed and boy was I happy :)......Also apart from the Daily buffet there are several 4 course restaurants (7 in total I think) that are also in the all inclusive package which you can make reservations. My Favorite was El Conuco which it's specialty is native Dominican food. Mr. Lizandro Mercedes took our order and made sure we not only enjoyed the food but had a good time as well. Very freindly and professional, we went twice and it wasn't just because of the food but because the staff was so in to pampering us it was just great. Also would like to thank Mr. Miguel De Leon who was always present at the buffet and would visit our table asking how was everything if we were ok or needed anything. All in All this HOTEL is SOLID in Service, Hospitality and Freindlyness of staff.

Looking forward to return next year!!

Pablo.