I have been to this hotel three times in the last four years, my last visit was last February and I will be going again this February. All of my trips have resulted in nothing but an amazing experience. The staff at this hotel is terrific, and makes every aspect of your trip enjoyable as possible. I have experience with many other hotels in Dominican, and there's a reason I keep going back to this one.
-Spectacular beach, very clean sand, minimal foot traffic, you need not worry about a lot of vendors.
-Beach is amazing, crystal clear, warm, with very little to NO seaweed/debris. Sand is clean with no garbage or rocks to worry about stepping on. Waves are awesome for playing in, they are a decent size without being dangerous.
-Water in the pool is very nice, good for when you need a break from the sun or waves. There are two pools so you can choose the one you prefer, one has a swim up bar and the other does not, it is more of a quiet pool. If you wake up at a decent hour, you can see that both pools are thoroughly cleaned each and every morning.
-The view is simply the best I have ever seen.
-The staff is great. They are very friendly and they try to make your trip better however they can. It is EASY to get involved with sports, which they have many as well as other activities.
- Food is good, not amazing. I still consider this a positive because there is so much food at this resort. The à la carte restaurants (Reservation required) are fancy and very good. My favorites are the Tokyo where your stir fry is made in front of you, it is very entertaining. The other favorite is the Dominican restaurant, they have a steak dish and a chicken dish that are simply amazing! The buffet is a normal buffet set up, but there are different stations where there is a chef who will make you a dish right then and there to your liking.(Omelets,steak, pork chops, pasta, burgers ...e.c.t.) Omelets are recommended for sure. The last thing I will touch on is the pizza parlor, its a great place for lunch/snack and they have a few different types of pizza to choose from, its on top of the marlin restaurant which is the outside lunch buffet. The view from the pizza parlor is spectacular, overlooking the ocean.
Rooms - Renovated rooms are very nice, flat screen, nice fixtures and comfy beds. All the rooms are cleaned on a daily basis. If I don't have to worry about sweeping sand off the floor and I don't have to make my bed, I can't complain.
General feel - The hotel is a place where I can feel laid back and not have to worry, I can have fun and feel safe.
Some of the chairs at the beach are getting old, such a small thing, but worth noting. It's easy enough to just go get another one, most are still good because they have an abundance of chairs.
Some renovated rooms have showers with a glass pane, its not secured to the bottom and water will go on the floor if you're not careful. Putting down a cloth will solve this, you are given enough clean ones everyday.
Every few days, the vendors are allowed to come on the resort for the evening, they are restricted to certain areas, don't worry, you can avoid them if you want. Otherwise, its an awesome way to shop without leaving the resort, just remember to try and barter for a good price. My advice would be to check out the gift shop on the resort and make note of the price, so it gives you a good idea of what you should be paying opposed to what the vendor will tell you.
Every time I visit this hotel, I feel appreciated to have come, it feels good and definitely makes it worth every penny. The last time I went, I was invited to an exclusive dinner for returning guests, the meal was awesome and I was personally thanked by the owner herself.
I have never gotten sick in Dominican. During my last trip, with a combined group of 12 people, nobody got sick, at least not without the aid of alcohol...
The excursions advertised by the hotel are good, I have done Zip-lining, buggies, parasailing and whale watching. I will have to recommend Zip-lining, buggies and parasailing, all well worth it. A note about the whale watching, we seen the whales basking off the coast, from our HOTEL ROOM, it was amazing just to see that.
The bottom line is, if you want to go somewhere you can have fun, with an amazing beach, awesome staff, great views. This hotel is it!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Occidental Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Breezes Punta Cana
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Premium Punta Cana
- Barcelo Dominican Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Barcelo