“Great Rodizio (grilled meats) but pricey for Punta Cana”

Garota Rodizio & Grill
Ranked #198 of 335 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We planned to stop here for a birthday celebration thinking it was 2 for 1 that evening - but this special was only for a steak dinner. We wanted the full treatment of grilled meats - an assortment of 10 different specialities. We opted not to go with the 2 for 1 but I felt the advertisement of 2 for 1 was very misleading! This would not be allowed in the USA!

The restaurant was mostly empty this weekday night and service was great - our waiters, Orlando and Mosilla, spoke fairly good English and both were attentive. The grilled meats and sauces were great ... we chose not to eat at the salad bar as the meat was what attracted us in the first place.

The hot bread was very tasty and if you use the sauces for dipping, was really delicious. We had awful bread all week at the resort, so the hot fresh bread was wonderful!

The grilled pineapple at the end was delicious and aided with the digestion of all the meat we consumed. They also served baked banana with parmesan cheese which sounded awful but was tasty.

With wine and meals, tip and tax, the meal came to $150+. I felt it was a little pricey for Punta Cana but certainly would have easily paid this in the USA!

2  Thank Travel33871

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We did the all you can eat. The waiters are all relly nice and speak English well. The service was not what you would find in the states in terms of timeliness, however, the food was great. Orlando was a great server.. very accommodating.

1  Thank Jennren
Reviewed March 23, 2014

You would think that at least ONE employee could speak English?! Not so when we dined there. They had a very difficult time even explaining how the 'rodizio-style' eating works. They could not tell us what the items at the salad bar were. BUT THEY DID KNOW how to say "NO 2-for-1" even though the sign out front clearly said "2-for-1" for the nite we were there.

They had two choices of wine, 'red' or 'white' and they were about USD$25 each. They were, what amounted to, 'drug store quality' wines.

You are supposed to turn over your tabe card (red side) to tell them to stop bringing meat, and (green side) to tell them to bring the skewer of meat to your table. IT DID NOT MATTER TO THEM. They just brought one meat after another with no break.

Then, they were gone. For a long time. I went to the kitchen window and THE ENTIRE STAFF was eating food in the kitchen, laughing and talking. I tapped on the door window and showed them my green side card. Our server came right out, but we noticed that he did not wash his hands, even though he was in the kitchen eating food with his fingers.

The chicken and one of the beefs, called a 'Brazilian tenderloin' were good. The other meats were tough and wayyyyyy overdone.

The side dishes were something to be ashamed of in a restaurant that is trying to look 'high end'.
Bagged, frozen french fries, overcooked brocolli (soggy and limp), beans that had to be right from the can with no attempt to 'dress them up' . . . . very bland. And the "piece d'resistance" . . . plain white rice !

The six of us ate indoors, and swatted flies through the whole meal. Our server made no attempt to help. Not even to brush them away as he layed the food down on the table.

Honestly, we couldn't wait to finish up and leave. We had some dessert at a bakery next door and chuckled about dinner experience and our USD$95 la cuenta.

Would we recommend this place to anyone?
Uh... I don't think so.

1  Thank FreakquentTraveler
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Very nice place , best food in this area and good value for the money ..we went me and my wife very late and they still serve us and good surprise , it's a all you can eat restaurant ,was perfect we did not eat for lunch ....

1  Thank Lisandra2014
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I've eaten meat prepared by brazileños so i know well how is prepared . when i get to this restaurant my expectations were high because i know very well the brazilian food, but when I got the food i was completely disappointed.

I asked for the Rodizio and my wife asked for the churrasco , the Rodizio has a option that is all you can eat , I thought I was going to eat very good meat prepared in a Brazilian style but was not that way. The beef was so tough that hurt my teeth , the taste of the meat was very very bad. Supposedly when you buy a Rodizio you can eat all the salad you want, rice and "feijoada" which is a typical brazilian dish, the feijoada only had pig skin and the taste was unbearable too shoddy , horrible taste , plus very little choice of salads.

The churrasco asked for my wife was very small but she tells me it was not bad but was not great , just good.

You get hit for the service because they want to serve their customers fast and earn a tip, not recommended for Dominicans the service only interested in serving foreign.

Totally a disaster, we spend about $ 50 and could not eat anything decent . not recommend this place and we will never ever return

1  Thank 12y5vedado