If you are looking for a tranquil environment to get some very much needed rest and relaxation come to this resort. When you arrive check in is short and depending on your arrival time you may need to wait for your room. This was not an issue for us at all. We just went to the Thalassa Restaurant adjacent to the guest services counter and had a delicious lunch. From that point on our vacation was absolutely wonderful. The beach is heaven and the water is crystal clear. There is a juice bar right on the beach serving the most delicious fruit and vegetable drinks. From time to time a hotel employee will walk over and offer you beer, water or will go to the bar and get you another drink of your choice. The bar is easily accessible from the beach along with a nice infinity pool. You can also partake a drink in the pool that's located near the guest services area as it has a very nice pool bar with meringue music playing. There is also pizza served there which was awesome. On Thursday nights they have a beach party which is a real treat and very enjoyable. As far as restaurants are concerned I would say they are pretty good for all meals. If you wish to stick to ordinary American style food for lunch and dinner stick to the SeaBlue restaurant. However if you are daring and like to try different cuisine take in a dinner at Cata Tapa. Just be prepared for some different type of cuisine... Good but different. The Thalassa is a combination of the Cata Tapa and SeaBlue. I do not recommend the restaurants on the other sister resort. We ventured over there once to do the steak restaurant. It was mediocre at best. In general the other sister resort was busy, chaotic and really not what we like in a vacation. No regrets about booking the royal side of the Catalonia. It was worth every penny. Rooms are spacious and clean. Grounds are impeccably kept. No bugs on the royal side but did get bit on the sister resort. Many wrote in previous reviews that they were pestered by time share salesmen, I have to say my wife and I were not pestered once. Every employee was friendly and never pressured us into purchasing anything. They took care of all our needs with pleasure. We would be happy to pay this fabulous resort a visit in the future. My wife and I have visited 13 resorts since 2004 in Jamaica, Mexico and the Dominican Republic as well. I have to say this resort is up there on our list on places to return. I honestly can't see a reason for a person to complain about much of anything at the Catalonia Royal Bavaro but I realize that every person has a different set of expectations. If you expect a great clean room, great food, great drinks, fabulous beach, friendly workers, and tranquility you are assured to enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro