My wife and I returned for the 2nd time from December 16th-27th and had another super vacation. Last year it was just 7 days and it was amazing to find how many of the staff remembered and welcomed us back. I think that this is one of the strong points about this resort. It is a very good resort but do not expect a grand entrance with an over the top reception. Everything is a little understated but this does not detract in any way from the wonderful relaxed ambience of the resort. The grounds are beautiful and so well maintained. Our superior junior suite was really good and the king sized bed very comfortable. WI fi was easily accessed in our room too. We did have a problem with our AC but Adrian, the resident manager, could not have been more concerned for our comfort and we did, in fact, change rooms. He was so kind and helpful. Two minor maintenance problems were also addressed by the staff promptly.
We had breakfast at Thalassa every day and also had dinner there most evenings. The dinner menu always had daily specials plus a very varied menu. The quality of the food was always excellent. We always had lunch at Sea Blue, adjacent to the beach and infinity pool, and had dinner there twice. At night everything is charcoal grilled and we had the most delicious surf and turf one night and lemon chicken the other. Again, great food with lots of variety. Something that was different this year was a beach barbecue on the beach for both lunch and dinner once a week. The beach area is beautiful with lots of natural shade and palapas. There is waiter service there and also around both pools. The staff are uniformly wonderful and our big thanks go to Carlos(pool bar) Ernesto, Carlos, Marisol & Julia(Thalassa), Franklin, Jeison, Joel,Blanca & Jorge(Sea Blue). So, ignore the grumblers and go and enjoy.
We hope to return again this coming December.
This is unrelated to the resort but we used Dominican Airport Transfers to and from Punta Cana airport and they were very reliable
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro