My wife and I stayed here from 5th Nov for 2 weeks
This place is without a doubt absolutely amazing.
I am an avid trip advisor reader before travelling and believe that you really have to be very unlucky indeed to have had a bad experience at this hotel.
Everything about this place is what we were looking for.
Transfer - 20 minutes from the airport (passport control was pretty quick but you have to pay an entrance tax)
Check in - Very quick and efficient with a lovely fruit punch to drink while checking in.
Room - We were on the ground floor (4412) There was a bit of a musty smell on arrival, but this went as soon as the A/C was turned on.
We did have one issue with a leaking toilet which we reported and was dealt with immediately and professionally.
Right outside the balcony were some local flowers and bushes, and it was amazing to watch the Humming Birds feeding literally right in front of you in their natural habitat.
Mini fridge filled daily with the usual, room cleaned twice a day to a very high standard
Beach - If I am being honest, it is not the best beach with have been on, but still full of charm and quite typically and distinctively West Indian, so certainly not a negative.
There is a market at the end of the hotel beach which is worth visiting, it is great for a bit of haggling and getting a few bargains, also very safe.
Food and drink - This was one of the selling points for us. We found the food the best we have ever eaten on a holiday. The Tapas is a must, Every meal we had was of a very high quality.
There are 3 restaurants on the royal side, but if you wish to eat on the family side then you can,
The beer was always lovely and chilled and you have to try the cocktails in the piano bar.
Thank you to Roberto, Miladis Ozoria, Keyla Fernandez and Zuleiny Gil, These are lovely lovely people who will really make your holiday that little bit better.
Grounds - These are kept immaculate, and quite often the hard working gardeners will offer you a coconut which they will freshly open for you (really nice touch)
Staff - No problem with the language barrier, all staff were very happy and seemed content, which makes your holiday so much better.
There are mosquito's, so it is advisable to take repellent, but remember that you are in the tropics, so you have to expect it.
Thomson Rep - Domingo - This man deserves to be on the board of directors, he is a credit to the hotel and a credit to Thomson's. I have never met a man so passionate about his work,
I have met a friend in Domingo and am really looking forward to seeing him again.
Would I recommend this place ? - Absolutely
Would I return to this hotel ? - We are already saving to return next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Prestigia, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro